Reply Final Fantasy Guild Reborn
Musical Themes (A game... of sorts)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kalile Alako

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:50 pm
I was listening to "Piano Puzzler" on NPR the other night (Which reveals my complete and utter geekiness), and was thinking about composers all borrowing from eachother. In the music festival that I am in we have been discussing that as well, how different aspects of Mozart's symphonies influenced later composers, etc.

It's fairly well known that the arpeggios that make up the Final Fantasy theme music are based off of one of the Bach unaccompianied cello solos, for example, and the beginning of Setzer's theme song is almost note for note the same as portions of Chopin's Heroic Polonaise, I noticed. Has anyone noticed any others?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:35 pm
I couldn't name a specific composer but i have noticed things like that. The music played in Cosmo Canyon in FF7 sounds very similar to another piece of music. I wouldn't be surprised if some FF music was influenced by composers. i'm pretty sure that the music in advent children was after seeing an interview somewhere with Nobuo Uematsu  

Captain Glomps
Crew

Liberal Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100

Kalile Alako

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:56 pm
Definitely. Well, of course composers influence eachother the same way that writers do. And I consider Nobou a composer, obviously, so it's natural that he uses some of the same themes as the traditionally famous ones. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:45 am
I don't really think I know enough about musical composers to participate with this game  

Pierre42

Romantic Raider

Captain Glomps
Crew

Liberal Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:44 pm
They like to take bits of one piece and combine it with another to make something different  
Final Fantasy Guild Reborn

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games