what christian denomination are you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:59 pm
fantrl
Mary was born without original sin by the grace of God, so that she could be a pure vessel to deliver God. As the mother of God, we honor her. Everyone should honor Mary for saying Yes to God.

/sigh... I know I'm going to regret this.

Why is Mary more special than the rest of us? She did her part in God's plan, the same as we do our part. I mean, not to diminish what she did (would you like having God for a kid?), but how is it any more special than, say one of us following God's call to where He wants us to be?

[EDIT] Oh, in case anyone was wondering, I actually want to know the answer to this. I have been wondering about this for a while and felt that, considering the discussion (and a resident catholic already checking the thread), that might as well ask it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:10 pm
LittlePinky82

I've never heard of people having to take courses to become a member of a church. What denomination is that?

User Image

It doesn't really matter the denomination really. It just depends on the church. I've seen some Christian ones do it, Cathlic and Lutheren. While I have seen some Catholic and Lutheren ones who don't do that. So, yeah.

Try the new kitty bread! Now made with real kittens!

Seority

fantrl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:21 am
Cometh The Inquisitor
fantrl
Mary was born without original sin by the grace of God, so that she could be a pure vessel to deliver God. As the mother of God, we honor her. Everyone should honor Mary for saying Yes to God.

/sigh... I know I'm going to regret this.

Why is Mary more special than the rest of us? She did her part in God's plan, the same as we do our part. I mean, not to diminish what she did (would you like having God for a kid?), but how is it any more special than, say one of us following God's call to where He wants us to be?

[EDIT] Oh, in case anyone was wondering, I actually want to know the answer to this. I have been wondering about this for a while and felt that, considering the discussion (and a resident catholic already checking the thread), that might as well ask it.
I'm a supporter of creating a thread on Mary. This thread doesn't seem appropriate for it, so if you could create a thread about Mary in the debate forum, I'd be happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability. Being only 16 without any catechesis (I grew up in a liberal Catholic home and church which was basically mainline Protestant), I might not give an adequate response.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:26 pm
Im evangelical  

Serenileelu

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out