Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:32 am
(Romans 12:1-2) "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. {2} Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will."

(1 Thessalonians 4:1- cool "Finally, brothers, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. {2} For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus. {3} It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; {4} that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, {5} not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; {6} and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you. {7} For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. {8} Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit." NIV

1 Thessalonians 4:1-5) "Finally then, brethren, we request and exhort you in the Lord Jesus, that, as you received from us instruction as to how you ought to walk and please God (just as you actually do walk), that you may excel still more. {2} For you know what commandments we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus. {3} For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality; {4} that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, {5} not in lustful passion, like the Gentiles who do not know God"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:42 am
i usually just wear what ever i happen to grab out of my closet that morning. i personally hate to dress up in suits and stuff like that. a nice shirt every now and then i guess. but i mostly just where tshirts. i don't like jeans so i usually where cargo pants made from cloth material.

i really don't find it that big a deal what a person wears. it all comes down to if they are truelly worshiping God or not. i actually tend to take my sandels off in service b/c i feel more comforable (also technically it's biblical to anyway). i get that from where God always told ppl to take of their shoes b/c they are on holy ground. so usually when i come to God in prayer (both in church and in my personaly quiet times) i take my shoes off. i agree with modesty b/c without that how we dress would become a distraction from worship but God doesn't really care how we dress b/c he doesn't look at the outside only the inside, at our hearts. true worship to him isn't in how we dress but how we live and obey him.  

trinity343

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:44 am
trinity343
i actually tend to take my sandels off in service b/c i feel more comforable (also technically it's biblical to anyway). i get that from where God always told ppl to take of their shoes b/c they are on holy ground. so usually when i come to God in prayer (both in church and in my personaly quiet times) i take my shoes off. i agree with modesty b/c without that how we dress would become a distraction from worship but God doesn't really care how we dress b/c he doesn't look at the outside only the inside, at our hearts. true worship to him isn't in how we dress but how we live and obey him.

i like that idea. cool  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:28 pm
I wouldn't wear tatty jeans...flipflops because it has the feeling that you didn't put in alot of effort in thinking about what you wear

my friend and I think of it this way: would you wear flipflops and tattered jeans and a worn out t-shirt in front of the Queen? same thing when you are going to worship God, you want to give it your best

jeans; i try not to wear them but if I do, it would be clean, no-hole jeans... usually I would wear my black jeans that look like dress pants but usually I would be wearing a pair of dress pants and a white blouse or somekind of nice shirt. I'm not a dress person XD  

wiz_chan

trinity343

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:16 am
wiz_chan
I wouldn't wear tatty jeans...flipflops because it has the feeling that you didn't put in alot of effort in thinking about what you wear

my friend and I think of it this way: would you wear flipflops and tattered jeans and a worn out t-shirt in front of the Queen? same thing when you are going to worship God, you want to give it your best

jeans; i try not to wear them but if I do, it would be clean, no-hole jeans... usually I would wear my black jeans that look like dress pants but usually I would be wearing a pair of dress pants and a white blouse or somekind of nice shirt. I'm not a dress person XD

actually i probably would wear my normal clothes in front of the Queen...but that's probably beside the point  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:58 pm
I'm not so sure what my church's denomination is but I believe that we should dress our best when we go to church, because we're in the presence of God, but anywhere else I think you should dress to impress the Lord. (Sadly I don't follow this for I am a sinner but I try to and I suggest others should too. Oh and I only know what girls should wear because I am one, I apologize to the guys)
First I believe that girls should dress good, what they shouldn't be wearing is something that the opposite gender would think perverted thoughts about you and take away your virginity. For example a girl dressed like an Abercrombie and Fitch MODEL is the wrong way to dress.(I'm not saying Abercrombie and Fitch is bad, I like their clothes.)
but I believe it's okay to wear like the latest fashions just as long as they're not showey(sp?) Your body is a temple and therefore you should decorate it and make it look good. Just like decorating a Christmas tree  

x3_heartzz

-Hija de Cristo-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:34 pm
My church is an A/G church (Assemblies of God) and we really don't have a specific dress code. However, I still like to dress nice - no flip flops or torn jeans for me. There are still people in my youth group who are perfectly content coming to church in mini skirts and spaghetti straps D: or most of the guys who come to church with their jeans sagging way down to their knees and overly long ratty shirts D:
Those things are generally not acceptable, in my opinion... however my youth pastor must think differently, because he doesn't stop them...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:00 am
social control aimed at forcing assimulation untill

we are all clones
and drones at that  

lordstar

BlossomSoul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:05 am

++

I rarely wear skirts, only when it is required for a concert at my school or something like that.
We don't have dress codes in our church, really. I just wear jeans or sometimes my capris when it's on the hotter side. I wear a T-shirt and sometimes put a hoodie over it. I try to dress modestly.
I always wear sneakers.
I know of this one girl who goes to my church. I've seen her around a few times. She fits into the 'scene' category. Ratty hair and red horizontal highlights on the longer layers of her hair. Wears lots of spiky belts and skinny jeans and layers a lot. I don't find it rude or anything. I like the style, but other people might find it inappropriate for church attire. As long as you keep your body a temple of God, don't have any major tattoos and don't wear something that has profanity or a phrase about not believing God or something, then I'm pretty much fine with it. But, dress how you like and if it doesn't offend anyone or disobey what God asks of you, then feel free to dress as you like. It's your style, just make sure that not everything is focused on your looks. You still need plenty of time to pray and worship God.

:'D

xx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:30 pm
My church is evangelical and we aren't so hung up and "you have to dress nice on sundays" or whatever, but me, being the daughter of the pastor I have to go to church all nice and dressed up and what not, plus I'm on the praise and worship team as well, xd and you know, I think it's just out of respect to God that we dress nice on Sundays.....I dunno, that's just my way of seeing it...  

missymisa

iremembertherain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:53 pm
Spastic waffles
I know different denominational churches have different dress codes.

What is your denomination, what is your view on clothing in and outside of church, and why do you think that?

Me?

I am a non-denominational christian.

I believe that on Sundays you should dress however you feel within reason. My typical Sunday outfit is Jeans and one of my nicer T-shirts. Occasionally I'll wear a button-up shirt or something like that, but I almost never wear skirts, in or outside of church. Outside of church I dress fairly modestly.

I believe that God doesn't care what you wear, that it's what's inside that counts, although you shouldn't dress incredibly immodestly or anything like that, and I would never dream of wearing ratty jeans and t-shirts to church. I wear my nicer jeans and t's.

My church doesn't care. Most of the congregatin dressed up, but I personally don't. I don't really think it matters. Plus I help out with Sunday School before church, so it's not always a good idea for me to wear a skirt. I don't see anything wrong with wanting to look nice for church, though I do think that the church shouldn't force you to do it. I mean, that's not what Christianity is about.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:41 pm
Spastic waffles
I know different denominational churches have different dress codes.

What is your denomination, what is your view on clothing in and outside of church, and why do you think that?

Me?

I am a non-denominational christian.

I believe that on Sundays you should dress however you feel within reason. My typical Sunday outfit is Jeans and one of my nicer T-shirts. Occasionally I'll wear a button-up shirt or something like that, but I almost never wear skirts, in or outside of church. Outside of church I dress fairly modestly.

I believe that God doesn't care what you wear, that it's what's inside that counts, although you shouldn't dress incredibly immodestly or anything like that, and I would never dream of wearing ratty jeans and t-shirts to church. I wear my nicer jeans and t's.

iam the exact same. cept ian a dude so i dont wear skirts. i wear khaki every week cause i like khaki. and ill wear a coller once and awhile. but it doesnt matter. God just wants people to love him. and it doesnt matter what you wear look like or talk like.  

Typhoeus

Asai Elwood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:06 am
My church wants us to dress up in suits when we go to church, but with the youth group fund raisers, we just dress in casual clothes.

I dont exactly have a suit though, so I just wear casual clothes to church and they dont really complain, they only said that i should wear a suit once and it wasn't demanding at all, it was merely a suggestion. Also, it wasn't even the pastor, it was another teenager.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff