*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
Prophisying (sp?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever had an experience with prophisying?
  Yes
  No
View Results

LadyAmbrosia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:13 am
I just had the most incredible experience. A guest Pastor was at my church, and he seid that God had told him to prophisy for people. I was one of the first people he called up, and it was amazing. He knew things about me that he couldn't possibly have known. I won't go into all the things that he and his wife told me from God, but they knew things about my life that I hadn't told anyone. If you want details of what they seid I'll tell you in a later post, it's just alot to type. lol

Have any of you ever had something like this happen to you?

Have you ever prophisyed?

Do you you beleive that it's really from God?

I have had prophetic dreams before, but I've never looked at someone and had God tell me things about them or for them, but I guess that alot of people at my new church do.

So, yeah, any opinions welcome!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:57 pm
A pastor knew what my relative was praying long and hard for. He told my relative not to give up because God does know what situation we are in. That right there proved to my family that God always hears our prayers.  

Atarashi No Sensei

LadyAmbrosia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:41 am
He does alway's listen, and He is alway's faithful that's what He's been showing me lately.

Thank you for responding btw, if you hadn't, I was going to quit this guild.

So does anyone else know what I'm talking about?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:24 pm
I know what prophesying is. But just because a pastor walks around telling people that God will answer their prayers and that their situation is going to get better, it doesn't mean he's a prophet.  

Curium

Etherealemblem

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:23 pm
I have seen a little bit of Prophecy, at YC a preacher knew my want to know the calling on my life, and he eased my wondering........  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:38 pm
LadyAmbrosia
I just had the most incredible experience. A guest Pastor was at my church, and he seid that God had told him to prophisy for people. I was one of the first people he called up, and it was amazing. He knew things about me that he couldn't possibly have known. I won't go into all the things that he and his wife told me from God, but they knew things about my life that I hadn't told anyone. If you want details of what they seid I'll tell you in a later post, it's just alot to type. lol

Have any of you ever had something like this happen to you?

Have you ever prophisyed?

Do you you beleive that it's really from God?

I have had prophetic dreams before, but I've never looked at someone and had God tell me things about them or for them, but I guess that alot of people at my new church do.

So, yeah, any opinions welcome!
We had a prophetic team, people who walk in the office of a prophet, coming to our church. Both a man and woman on the team prophisyed unto me.

True prophecy from YHWH does two things, comfirms something in your life and lines up with the word.

rockmanx

Seority

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:44 am
My pastors getting a little too old for that sorta thing ^^.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:37 am
Currium- I understand where your coming from, but that is not what I mean. What this pastor did was answer questions that I had only asked in prayer to God, only then. He knew that I had a bad relationship with my mom, but it's healed now. He knew that I had a negetive self image, and told me to stop that because God seid I'm beautiful. Mabey you had to be there, but I think they were both prophets...

MagisterofJesusChrist- You mean that God eased your wondering through him. That is cool! Didn't it change your whole outlook on life? My experince made me see just how personal God is... I feel on fire for Him all the time now.

rockmanx- I couldn't have put it better myself!

Seority- lol  

LadyAmbrosia

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:01 pm
i dont want to call it prophesiying because it has yet to come true if it really was a dream from god. some odd month ago a close friend and now pastor of mine had a dream about not only his, but my future. which was ironic at the time because i was really emotionally destraught and he's rarely online and JUST that night did he decide to come online and tell me the dream he had only after we had a very long and deep conversation as to why i was feeling distraught.

he had alot to tell me, some of the things being very.....ironic in nature and other things id had never told him before....it was weird >_> but again....parts of the dream have yet to come true if it really did come from god.

to others its just a dream, but to me its the MOST ironic twist in some ways.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:19 am
SaintChaos
i dont want to call it prophesiying because it has yet to come true if it really was a dream from god. some odd month ago a close friend and now pastor of mine had a dream about not only his, but my future. which was ironic at the time because i was really emotionally destraught and he's rarely online and JUST that night did he decide to come online and tell me the dream he had only after we had a very long and deep conversation as to why i was feeling distraught.

he had alot to tell me, some of the things being very.....ironic in nature and other things id had never told him before....it was weird >_> but again....parts of the dream have yet to come true if it really did come from god.

to others its just a dream, but to me its the MOST ironic twist in some ways.

I know what you mean. Over a year ago I had a dream that a close friend of mine was pregnent and was due on Christmas day and I told her about it, she thought I was nuts. 2 or 3 weeks ago I saw her at the movies, and she is due to have a baby boy next Christmas!  

LadyAmbrosia

Curium

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:38 pm
LadyAmbrosia
Currium- I understand where your coming from, but that is not what I mean. What this pastor did was answer questions that I had only asked in prayer to God, only then. He knew that I had a bad relationship with my mom, but it's healed now. He knew that I had a negetive self image, and told me to stop that because God seid I'm beautiful. Mabey you had to be there, but I think they were both prophets...

Okay. Most teenagers have bad relationships with their mothers. And most have negative self images. (I'm assuming you're a teenager of course). That's like telling an elderly woman that her illness will be healed. Most elderly people have some sort of illness. They could be prophets, but the more likely scenario is that they are really good at guessing and stereotyping. They've probably been doing this for a really long time, and they're obviously good at what they do. Did they ask people for money? If they did, then they're probably scamming people. True prophets and people of God wouldn't go prophesy and then ask for money.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:16 pm
LadyAmbrosia

MagisterofJesusChrist- You mean that God eased your wondering through him. That is cool! Didn't it change your whole outlook on life? My experince made me see just how personal God is... I feel on fire for Him all the time now.

rockmanx- I couldn't have put it better myself!

Seority- lol

yes he did, my heart was eased.......all I can do is go where I feel his hand of guidance directing me, Yaweh my provider shall sustain me! Jehova Nissi my banner in war, forever shall be!  

Etherealemblem

LadyAmbrosia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:24 pm
Curium- He didn't ask for any money. In fact he gave me money to start my college fund with. He seid as a good will payment because God would provide it all!

MagisterofJesusChrist- Amen brother! 3nodding That is so inspiring to hear, good for you.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:18 am
=) that's really cool.

Prophecy has sort of been developed in me over the years. It is interesting to see where God has gone with it. I just seem to be given a message to tell someone from God a lot of times. It's kind of funny, because I remember another person who also had the gift of prophecy look at me and say "you have the gift of prophecy." I do know that sometimes it's really weird to use...but I try.  

Berezi

Debate and Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff