Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Crystal Guidebook Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:57 pm
Rainbow_Flavoured_Pocky
Those are beautiful stones! I've always wanted snowflake obsidian, but I could never find it.... XD
Yeah, I've never really seen them in stores. The first one I got was in a little kit type thing along with 8 other stones. And the other two I found in some random little store in Tampa, FL.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:58 am
Yay for random little stores.
I hope to get some new stones soon. The picture I took of the ones I have now is new-ish... But the stones are pretty old. Especially the ones in the green case... XD  

StrawberryDaifuku

Seraphim Sins

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:49 pm
in need of help ^^
i bought most of these and since then forgot the names! any help loved
(i should really think about getting some bags to sort them.... labels are your friend lol)

User Image
might be rhodondrite
User Image

User Image
might be topaz

User Image
ruby zozite?

User Image

User Image

User Image
could be coral maybe

User Image

User Image
calcite i think

these are the same stone but different variations
User Image
User Image

Edit by mod: Please don't double post. It is against our guild rules. Instead, hit up the edit button. If you aren't sure how to edit posts, please PM one of the mods and they will gladly help you out.

dark_angel_32189
Rainbow_Flavoured_Pocky
Those are beautiful stones! I've always wanted snowflake obsidian, but I could never find it.... XD
Yeah, I've never really seen them in stores. The first one I got was in a little kit type thing along with 8 other stones. And the other two I found in some random little store in Tampa, FL.

it can be found in stores ^^ i have 2 pieces myself but i do know that some specialty stores sell it (like 1$ or so ^^ small tumbled )  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:00 pm
I wanted to ask about the elemental properties of quartz. Fire and water? Is that for specific types of quartz, or is my chunk o' uncut quartz rock crystal both elements?
And I just realized that amethyst is a type of quartz. A small chunk of it found its way into my possession along with previously mentioned chunk o' quartz.
...things get weirder and weirder. According to Wikipedia, amethyst, though the birthstone of February, is also associated to the signs Pisces and Aries. Sometimes I really, really hate my birthday.

Egg One: User Image
(DO NOT REMOVE)  

FORTRAN77

Tipsy Genius

13,675 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

LuminusPup

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:03 am
dark_angel_32189
Rainbow_Flavoured_Pocky

Really? The store I used to get my stones at(yes, used...long story), had a good selection of Snowflake Obsidian. I have to say, it's one of my absolute favorite stones. I love Obsidian in general though. . heart heart

To Seraphim Sins:
The first one is definitely Rhodonite, a very beautiful specimen if I do say so myself. The second one looks like either Amazonite or Aventurine and the third one is Citrine. The other ones are harder for me to tell because the pictures are blurry.

Freya_Crescent
I wanted to ask about the elemental properties of quartz. Fire and water? Is that for specific types of quartz, or is my chunk o' uncut quartz rock crystal both elements?
And I just realized that amethyst is a type of quartz. A small chunk of it found its way into my possession along with previously mentioned chunk o' quartz.
...things get weirder and weirder. According to Wikipedia, amethyst, though the birthstone of February, is also associated to the signs Pisces and Aries. Sometimes I really, really hate my birthday.

It does depend on the quartz you have. Keep in mind that it's possible to have a mixture of the two~ By "Quartz rock crystal" I'm assuming that you mean Clear Quartz, which is also known as Rock Crystal or Crystal Quartz. If I am correct in this assumption, then yes, it is both Fire and Water elements.

As for Amethyst..that is connected to Water.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:13 pm
any one know the element for alexandrite i didn't see it posted and was wondering  

KatsumiBatei

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:43 am
The book I have only lists the powers and magical uses.
This website I just looked at lists it as Water and Earth. It's a .org site, so I'm assuming it's at least somewhat accurate: http://www.spirit-circle.org/members/crystals/a-d.html (it's like the 6th stone on the list).  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:56 am
dark_angel_32189
The book I have only lists the powers and magical uses.
This website I just looked at lists it as Water and Earth. It's a .org site, so I'm assuming it's at least somewhat accurate: http://www.spirit-circle.org/members/crystals/a-d.html (it's like the 6th stone on the list).

thank you dark that was very helpful 3nodding  

KatsumiBatei

The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games