Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShunshunRikka

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:59 pm
whats the story with caine and abel?? question  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:16 pm
Caine and Abel were both born from Adam and Eve.
Caine tilled the ground and Abel was a sheperd. Caine would bring offerings of fruit to God and Abel would bring his first born of the flock.
God was pleased with what Abel brought, but wasnt as pleased with what Caine brought as an offering.
So God says

Quote:
4:6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?

4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

And so out of jealousy Caine kills Abel.
When God asks Caine what has happened to Abel, Cain says he doesnt know. And since God knows what has happened he makes Caine's land unfertile. Then he marks Caine and says any who find him can kill him. Caine leaves the presense of God and goes out to Nod.

Ginger Snapple

Inu_Kat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:50 pm
It's a very popular story but leaves me with two questions (thnx btw for typing that up for our know-how razz )

1) Are we decended from Cain? Abel? Both (assuming that Abel reproduced before his death- ages are never mentioned)?

2) (You'll find this a lot as a "bible contradiction"- it's not but it is vague) Who were the other people in Nod (I've always assumed children other than Cain and Abel- again no ages are mentioned, so its possible other kids were born after them- had already moved out of Eden's area into Nod)? You'll have to look up the verses about Cain going into Nod for yourself (found in near the middle of Genesis)- I'm tired and I'm gonna head to bed (sry folks, I have work tomorrow).

Figured that this discussion might have a place in this topic(?).  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:51 am
I still think the story of Cain and Abel is metaphorical. Here in this story, part of it hints the idea of one of the 'seven sins' - envy.  

Power of Miracles

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff