Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Here's some gold.
  YES!!!
View Results

zxthefighter

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:29 pm
I hate the way certain Christians believe in the swoon theory, and other things, and by doing so cokkie cutter Jesus power and take away from his credibility. because if Jesus did not die then our sins are not forgiven.  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:24 am
.... I have... no idea what you just said. What's the "swoon" theory?  

Guacamole-kun

chewmynails

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:10 am
but he did, so we are forgiven.
love. and trust.
awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:59 pm
I think the theory is that Jesus didn't really die on the cross, he just fainted so when he "came back to life" he wasn't really ressurected (sp?), he just woke up. I don't believe it, it's just trying to say God isn't really that powerful.  

vampy dave

rockmanx

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:10 pm
zxthefighter
I hate the way certain Christians believe in the swoon theory, and other things, and by doing so cokkie cutter Jesus power and take away from his credibility. because if Jesus did not die then our sins are not forgiven.
You will find a lot of cookie cutter christians. Many never get past the quartalies in their sunday school classes.  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:07 pm
mistressofthelost
I think the theory is that Jesus didn't really die on the cross, he just fainted so when he "came back to life" he wasn't really ressurected (sp?), he just woke up. I don't believe it, it's just trying to say God isn't really that powerful.

Ooh! I recogize this! Hm.. If I recall, if Jesus just fainting were true, then how did he ascend back up to heaven? How could such miracles occur? There's also the fact that it recquires a person who is crucified to continue to go "up and down" on the cross in order to breath. Plus, how would he have escaped from a tomb w/ a giant stone covering the entrance? Besides, if that were true, than a "cookie Cutter Christian" isn't really a christian at all, since "Christ" didnt' really die, according to what they think. I know there's more I just forgot it all! sweatdrop Sorry!  

zeroshi

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:41 am
mistressofthelost

eek what kind of theory is THAT? did they forget that the Romans would take their sword and stick it in the sides of the cruicified to make them die faster so they wouldn't have to stand there longer?

and it says it in the bible that a Roman did so and water poured out of his body, not blood.

so no matter what people want to believe, ANY person that was cruicified died eventually...there was no coming back especially with how the Romans were towards christians.  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:50 pm
Crucifixion is bloody. And horrific. And painful.

No, I haven't experienced it... yet.... but.... man.

I knew a cookie-cutter christian once.... she went atheist after becoming a neo-nazi freak person. I didn't like talking to her that much, but I did, anyway..... the last straw was when she said that kama sutra meant "the science of pleasure"....

Feh.  

Castilleja

Sparkly Genius

9,850 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Timid 100

Rain_Hime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:16 pm
zeroshi
mistressofthelost

Ooh! I recogize this! Hm.. If I recall, if Jesus just fainting were true, then how did he ascend back up to heaven? How could such miracles occur? There's also the fact that it recquires a person who is crucified to continue to go "up and down" on the cross in order to breath. Plus, how would he have escaped from a tomb w/ a giant stone covering the entrance? Besides, if that were true, than a "cookie Cutter Christian" isn't really a christian at all, since "Christ" didnt' really die, according to what they think. I know there's more I just forgot it all! sweatdrop Sorry!

Still some can practice Christianity, and still never be Christians. I am not bragging, this is the honest truth. Growing up we never really fit in at churches, people were always talking about us, or other people in the congregation, because they never got that Christians weren't supposed to do that stuff. So I didn't go to church often because the only church that welcomed us with a whole heart was 1 hour and 30mins or so away. we'd go when my parents weren't working, or weren't tired. but my mom and dad will still do indepent Bible studies, and I would still read my little Bible story books. Last year my youth group at the church I've started attending went to a field trip to a little play production on the crusifiction. at the end out leader asked us questions and i was the only one who knew the answers. And these kids had gone pretty much every sunday, for their whole life! The questions were like "who denied Jesus before the crusifiction, and how?"
So my point is, that if you don't have a heart for it. if you don't try to make Christ part of you life, you can still go to church every Sunday, but you wont have the same effect.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:41 pm
What happened was he died, conquered death, and then rose again...  

arianna05

4,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

swakikiki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:47 pm
confusing.....  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:39 am
mah brain hurts.
but i had forgotten about all this stuff. I have this book called "the case for easter" and it has tons of facts in it proving that he really did die. it's pretty interesting. a lot of it you people already know, though. I never actually read the whole thing.

LAnanas Affectueux

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff