Submit

Castilleja

Sparkly Genius

9,850 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:12 pm
We should also take into account the culture at the time.

Hebrews were much stricter with their females -- and much more lenient.

Baalists had strumpets in their temples -- for some reason. I can't remember. But the wives of upright Jewish men were usually hard-working, stay-at-home women.

A lot of the bible has various metaphors relating to these cultural ties. I don't think we can take the bible (OT, at least) without learning the culture as well... since.... modern day is pretty different....  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:36 pm
reddy4nething
look....God says that a man should respect women.......but that doesnt mean were supposed to lead the church......it says a MAN is the head the head of the home and is supposed to be the head of the church.....i believe that its alright 4 a woman 2 be a missionary.....but not 2 head the church

During the OT time, a prophete was head of the church, so to speak. The preist would go to them for a word from God. Do not forget that Deborah was a prophet. At that time, she would be the head over the church, but she was not the only prophet. Her husband was on to.

What is the church? It is not a four wall building. It is the body of believers. If a woman is head of anything in the church, she is over some men. If she is the teacher in a class, she is over all the students. If she is out in the mission field teaching in a village, she is the spiritual head over that villlage. They only way to keep a woman from being over a man is to make the second class citizen which has no rights and has no say. Now that is not of our Father YHWH.

rockmanx

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces