DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:49 pm
So I don't have any fancy call-centers or 'text 55555 to vote for your favorite contestant' options, but I wanted to collect some opinions on the future of the guild. It seems the majority of us have split interests into multiple tabletop hobbies, so the question is, do you want to see our focus here expand beyond GW as well? Answer the poll and leave any specific suggestions or remarks here!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:18 pm
ALL THE THINGS. emotion_omnomnom  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:06 am
What do you mean, there's more out there than just the mighty Games Workshop?!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:12 pm
Um, i'm personally mainly interested in Wargames and Rpgs and i'm totally uninterested in cardgames normally .... although there has been wargames-based cardgames with pretty interesting mechanics.

Also, if one takes an rpg party of 5 people, and let them play through only the dungeoun-crawling of the rpg, then you may easily get a Search and Destroy mission for one group of people, that might even be a squad.
Essentially if one plays Space Hulk or Overkill with Necromunda-like rules for progress (or that new game), one gets the same effect if there is one player for each soldier.

Essentially, i'd like the focus to be on Boardgames(and War-/Skirmish games), not Tabletop Games.
I'll put my vote on Wargames only, even though it isn't fully what i'd put my vote on.  

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

BloodyMary76

Witty Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:19 pm
Tiina Brown

Essentially, i'd like the focus to be on Boardgames(and War-/Skirmish games), not Tabletop Games.
I'll put my vote on Wargames only, even though it isn't fully what i'd put my vote on.

But... those are tabletop games. sweatdrop

Card games might be a bit of a stretch inclusion but it couldn't hurt to have an area to chat about them.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:20 pm
STFU and Color

Card games might be a bit of a stretch inclusion but it couldn't hurt to have an area to chat about them.

Um, yes they are tabletop games, but "tabletop" includes ALL games played on or by a table, including cardgames, wargames, rpgs, miniature games, boardgames and possibly even dice games!

I'd focus on Miniature Games and Wargames Specifically, with Boardgames and rpgs at the side, including tabletop games (and perhaps computer games too?) that is directly associated with Warhammer Fantasy and WH 40K and other skirmish game - based universes.

Perhaps that explains better what I mean?  

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:44 pm
Tiina Brown
STFU and Color

Um, yes they are tabletop games, but "tabletop" includes ALL games played on or by a table, including cardgames, wargames, rpgs, miniature games, boardgames and possibly even dice games!

I'd focus on Miniature Games and Wargames Specifically, with Boardgames and rpgs at the side, including tabletop games (and perhaps computer games too?) that is directly associated with Warhammer Fantasy and WH 40K and other skirmish game - based universes.

Perhaps that explains better what I mean?

I suppose I use 'tabletop games' a bit loosely. I include wargaming and single-box miniature games in that, but not necessarily board games. Then again, that's a blurry line these days too; half of GW's releases nowadays are in stand-alone boxed games, and there are quite a few out there that are certainly not Monopoly.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games