[SRP] Another Joins the Pack

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image User Image

mistalina13s Teepee
This is a solo roleplay. No others unless invited. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:14 pm
Ankur had grown a fair bit and learned to hunt from other wolves that had come, curious about the new one who dwelt in the flowered grove with two soquili for mothers. He had been accepted as a pack mate and was looked after when he went where Ora and Nirmala could not. From one of his adventures he brought the oddest thing home - another little basket not unlike the one he had come out of. He said the wolves had found it and it reminded them of his mothers so, logically, they should be the one to have it.

It made sense, Ora supposed, but they had not gone to the wishing star lately? "Are you sure you don't know anything about this?"

"No Momma."

Ora wasn't entirely sure that she believed him, his ears were slightly perked and tail flicking back and forth. That often meant he was nervous and possibly not telling the whole truth. "Hmmn....do I have to ask Amma before I get the truth out of you?" She chuckled when his ears went straight up. Aha! So he did know. "Should I call for her...?"

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:21 pm
"Hmn...What should I be asked about?" She had just come back from the stream and her friendly helpers who liked to arrange her near endless hair. Little Ankur looked awfully guilty about something...

Was that another basket beside him???

"Where did that come from?" The wicker was colored a mix of the two of them, though in different patterns than Ankur's was. She kept it still, carefully collected and set in its own little place of honor in their home. Even after all this time the colors still had not dulled one bit. It was little like his too, so was it another wolf child or something else entirely nestled inside it?

She bent her head and gave the small basket a nuzzle after some closer examination. The basket seemed to shiver when she touched it, like whatever was inside had shifted.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:31 pm
Well, now he definitely wasn't get out of this now. "You should answer Amma's question, Ankur."

"I...I...." He sat on his hindquarters, ears settling back leaving him looking an odd mix between embarrassed and thoughtful. "My pack told me about a special place...where wishes get granted. I want brothers and sisters...so I went there and asked for one. I asked for one you two could love as much as me." It had been quite the surprise when he had come across the basket.

Ora's ears went up, attentive. "The wishing star?" Ankur had gone all the way to the wishing star on his own? How? When? "Oh, sweetheart..." She nuzzled her tiny furred son, who stood on his hindpaws to hug her muzzle. "We would love any child just as much as you." Neither of them had known Ankur to be lonely...he had seemed content, especially since making friends among his own kind.

Nirmala's startled look made her turn her head, gently sliding Ankur back to four paws.

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:54 pm
"It's moving already, like Ankur started to before he broke out." It seemed this time they would scarcely have to wait. This little one was eager to join the rest of the family - Nirmala was delighted!

It took some doing to get it moved inside their thicket proper. It would break up the cool wind and allow the smell of early spring flowers to surround the new child once it broke free. Once they were all settled things were quiet for a while. Ankur had climbed up onto her back nestled in her mane, between her wings and fallen asleep. That wasn't unexpected, giving he had brought the basket all the way here, mostly on his own, so he was tired.

Nirmala had started to doze off too, when the basket suddenly jerked and tipped over. Ora was very clearly awake, at least after that. "Ankur...sweetheart wake up." He should be awake to see the sibling he'd wished for come into this world.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:04 pm
"Huh?" He lifted his head and yawnked widely. "What is it?"

"It's time for your gift, sweetheart. Come down and see." Even with Nirmala's wings folded in it would be hard for him to see over shoulders and her partner's mane. Her words got his attention and he sat up to stretch before jumping down.

"So I came out of a basket like this?"

"Yes, you did." Much like this too, now that she thought back on it - little movements at first, then quiet for a while and then a sudden final burst of activity. Would this one have the same trouble with the basket? She wondered, but Nirmala was probably already on the lookout for it. The small basket rolled again to the other side, fibers stretching and quivering all the while as the little one inside looked for a weak spot to use to break out.

"Do we help?"

"Not yet, unless they have trouble." He might be able to help too, if it became needful - sharp teeth and claws to get at the wicker and pull it apart.

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:20 pm
They seemed to be doing quite well so far as she could tell, a few spots looked promising. It was just a matter of which would break first. Their answer would come before long - a piece of wicker went flying and a dark purple back paw stayed sticking out of hole for a moment before it was pulled back in. "There we go..." Now it was just a matter of working the rest out, as it had been with Ankur's basket.

The basket shifted again and a tiny muzzle poked out of the hole inside. "Hello there little one." She let the little nose eagerly sniff her. "When you come on out there is much more to sniff and see." She nuzzled the tiny wet nose.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:24 pm
Ankur came close and ducked his head, sniffing curiously at the muzzle that poked out. "Hello. I'm your big brother...can I help you get out of there?"

It really was cute. Both siblings worked at the basket together to make the hole big enough for the one inside to wiggle free and when she did... "Another precious little wolf pup just like her brother." Ora was quite pleased. At least they would know better how to care for this one right away. It had been rather hit and miss with Ankur in the very begining. "So what do we name her?"

The question wasn't really directed at him at all, probably, but he still thought on it anyway. "...what about Wish?" Because that was what his sister was after all.

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:28 pm
"That is a good suggestion, sweetheart." Their sweet, cleverminded little boy. "Why don't we go with Akanksha? It means 'wish'." It would also go along nicely with her brother's name.

Their new little pup had already nestled between the two mares, with her brother's help. They were curled up together, to ensure she would not get cold.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:29 pm
"Akanksha...that sounds lovely." Their little wish indeed - thanks to Ankur.

- fin  

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas