Crew

Rampaging Bear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:17 am
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Timeline: Way before the uprising

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:11 am
Death
Quote:
Mother had not left her cozy nest in many moons. When Death poked her head in every so often to make sure everything was okay, she was shooed away violently from Mother and the foals. Her new siblings had taken all of Mother's attention, and it was not sitting well with Death. She was anxious and fidgety. Her gaze consistently trailed over to the huge hollow scorched tree that Mother called home, and she felt herself fuming with...anger? She did not understand why she was angry or who she was angry at. But it was not just anger - it was loneliness too. Death had not understood that what she was feeling was jealousy until Alik had flippantly told her to get over her envy. He did not understand why his friend fawned over her mother. He believed that Mother did not treat her right, but he was wrong. Mother was always right. She should always listen to Mother, not the others whispering around her. But still, Death found herself wandering over to the tree and cautiously looking inside.

Lux
Quote:
Lux was curled up on a pile of furs and skins with one of her new daughters pressed tightly against her side. Bastian had taken their other daughter and son off on a walk around the area. They were energetic and eager to leave the safety of the tree and their mother's side. But this one... Lux looked down at the small filly whose large wings dwarfed her small frame. This one did not want to leave her side. Lux was torn between disgust that one of her spawn was showing such a weakness... or intrigued by the possibility that it was intense loyalty at such an early age.

"How peculiar you are.." she whispered, curling her tail around her daughter just a bit tighter. It was odd to have children that were of her own flesh and blood. She couldn't help but feel a certain nurturing instinct towards them that was so completely unlike her. It worried Lux. Was she losing her touch? Was it a mistake to have children of her own? Could she treat these children like she treated the others? The answer was probably not...

Her internal musings were interrupted by movement at the entry to her nest. She barely contained the eye-roll and sigh at the sight of Death again. Could she not find a way to be useful?

"Death. What brings you to my door this time?"

Conqueror
Quote:
The foal was enjoying a fitful nap pressed up against the warmth of her mother's side. Her brother and sister had left with her father, but she had stubbornly refused to leave her mother's side. She liked it here. Her mother was strong and beautiful and was perfect in her eyes. She liked her dad well enough, but he paled in comparison of how powerful her mom was. She was roused from sleep when the monster appeared in the doorway again. Her glowing purple eyes widened and she pressed further into her mother's side, making soft noises of alarm. Her mother would chase the monster away again. She did it every time the beast appeared in the entryway.

Death
Quote:
Death shifted uneasily. Mother looked displeased and the foal was staring at her like everyone else did - with fear. That jealousy stirred something awful in Death's stomach, and she couldn't help but glare at the small foal. Mother asked why she was here...

"I wanted to meet them, Mother" That was a lie, but at least it was something. "But there is only one here..."

Lux
Quote:
"Mmm yes. Bastian took the other two for a walk," Lux answered, arching a brow. She saw right through Death. She knew jealousy when she saw it, even though a beast like Death lacked many readable features. The one golden eye Death possessed was narrowed and locked onto Lux's daughter, and the beast's posture was tense. Even her gelatinous hair seemed to vibrate in suppressed anger. Lux hummed thoughtfully.

"But I would love for you to meet this one," she smirked, and nudged the frightened foal a bit. "I have high hopes for her. Perhaps... with you at her side... she will be unstoppable..."

Lux trailed off, mulling over her own words.

Conqueror
Quote:
The filly blanched at her mother's words and gestures. She wasn't making the monster leave, she wanted her to go near it! She wanted it to... look after her? She looked up at her mother with questioning eyes.

"Mama... I don't like..." she whispered, side-eyeing the monster.

Death
Quote:
Death barely held back the huff of agitation. Mother wanted her to look after this little foal? This foal that looked at her with such fear and disgust? It pained Death to maintain eye contact with her little sister. She took a shaky breath and looked to the side at the foal's words.

"She does not like me," she whispered. "I scare her,"

Lux
Quote:
Lux scoffed. "You scare everyone, Death. But that is a good thing, my darling."

With a huff, she stood and shook herself off. The foal that had been curled up so tightly against her side was jostled suddenly and fell over the side of the fur pile. Lux shook her hair out and stepped out from under the cover of the dead tree to stand next to Death.

"Death... these children are my legacy," she cooed, leaning into the beast's side. "I would be so very pleased if you helped them and protected them... They will do wondrous things and lead our group to greatness. And this one..."

Conqueror
Quote:
The foal squawked as her mother got up suddenly. She was sent sprawling up against the edge of the tree nest and sniffled indignantly. Looking up, she saw that her mother was now next to that monster. She stomped her hooves and growled. That was her mother! Her weak wings twitched against her sides as she tried flapping them. She'd just have to scare the monster away herself.

"Get away from my Mama! Go! Away!" she yelled angrily as she dug her hooves into the furs that lined the nest. "She's mine! Leave!"

Lux
Quote:
Lux tilted her head and eyed the foal that was now standing up on her hooves and growling angrily at Death, her wings raised up in a threat display beyond her years. She couldn't help the huge grin that split her mouth "This one will be a Conqueror,"

xxx Yuki Bear xxx
Crew

Rampaging Bear

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas