Rinial Sisterdragon

Mythical Sex Symbol

23,100 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:04 am
User Image

The early morning was chilly, crisp, though it was heading towards spring. The pale mare with a dainty shawl kept to a slow pace as she neared her old stomping grounds. The tree was still there, no apples hanging low on it's branches, budding leaves showing it still lived. Haven hadn't really traveled to the old clearing since her drunken one night stand that had ended in her sons. Her thoughts wandered back to a day long ago when she'd been somewhat harmlessly flirting with and allowing herself to develop feelings for a somewhat mischief prone stallion.

She snorted to herself, remembering how she'd gone to a foolish party hoping to see him there, perhaps play more games, and instead she'd found herself thrown into a situation that caused her no end of self loathing. But she'd never regretted her boys, only who she'd had them with. There was a mild passing thought of whether or not their father had finally gotten some kind of spine.

Lingering around the tree she'd packed herself a decent breakfast and decided to plonk down and have it. She spent much of her time being solitary since she didn't see Keagan often, and Keary had his own mate and a family to build.

She smirked to herself as she pulled out the unconventional lunch. She'd developed a taste for fish, which had come in handy when her younger siblings from the wishing star had been born. she tucked into the fish, the apple for later, and some grasses for filling. Her father still ever the worry wart over her health had added that before she'd headed off for her day of travel and training. She'd be off for a few weeks, back before the next gathering, but still keeping to herself. It seemed very much that love was in the air, what with Cad having finally settled down. Her mood darkened. She was happy for him, but it made her feel...awkward around them.

Taking a deep breath, she carefully stripped the fish, meat was fine, but the bones annoyed her. Chewing thoughtfully she stared off into the distance, her mind wandering to the past again, despite her desire to not think on it.

WC: 370  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:01 am
User ImageNiveus trodded along with an uncharacteristic sour look on his face. His mother, aging, sent word for him to return to her. He thought she was dying! At least, that was what the messenger implied...But the old mare was just itching for someone to scream and n** at. It seemed like her motherly side was become rarer and rarer over the years, and age wasn't being kind. It left a bittersweet taste in the back of his mouth. He hated her, wholly, but when it came down to it, she was still his mother. A very nasty mother anyways...

Lost in thought, the half-Kalona wasn't even aware of where he was going, he just wanted to get away, think of something else. It took him many months to build up to courage to simply walk away, put his past behind him. Every time he tried to leave, she'd pull the pity card out, and he'd stay. Maybe it was because he was a half-blood, but it only ended in her calling him soft, weak. Unfit for the Kalona blood that runs through his veins.

The memory of those "conversations" infuriated him. Caring about others shouldn't be weakness. Niveus looked up, taking a sharp breath, as he quickly glanced around to get a grasp on where he was heading. It was then that he saw a familiar mane of white hair.

It couldn't be...

He blinked several times, standing stock still. For a moment, he had half a mind to find a nice, big, muddy dirt-clod. But he was still worn out physically and emotionally from his recent "journey"

Instead, he simply walked up and sat down beside her, offering a simple, "Hey.."

He felt a tinge of hesitation. Would she even remember him?

294 words  

elufae
Crew

Adventuring Hunter

Rinial Sisterdragon

Mythical Sex Symbol

23,100 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:04 am
Haven had been too lost in thought to hear the approaching steps of her soon to be company. It was an absent minded kind of lost as she remembered fondly over how she'd been so carefree that day. Enjoying her time, playing like a fool, and just all in all less of a concerned warrior.

The voice that spoke was one she recognized, the weight beside her was also something she remembered, great now she was outright fantasizing, right? She glanced over to her side, expecting to see anyone other than the half Kalona that was lingering about her thoughts, but there he was. Internally she was shocked that of all the random points in time for him to show up, he chose now. Her mind flew over questions: Where had he been? Why hadn't he shown at the party? Was he just passing through? What had him looking so glum and worn out? How was he?

Outwardly she kept a much more even look, though her heart had jumped at the sight of him, "Long time no see." She smirked and slid a fish his direction, "If you're hungry." Her tone while she meant it to be friendly certainly, held more warmth to it, she was genuinely happy to see him, though she felt that she shouldn't be nearly this happy, given her current state of self loathing and their lack of contact. She was sans her lizard today, so there would be no prying eyes to give him odd looks.

The smirk wouldn't leave her face, he was still as handsome as she remembered, though he looked a little worn out. Pulling out her last fish, "You look tired. Long walk, Niveus?" Her tone was soft as she spoke, time had softened her, she was a reasonable warrior, her shawl still pristine, though her body wore several scars from the tussles she'd gotten into. She wondered a little if he'd notice such a thing and brushed it aside. Time enough to worry about such things later.

WC: 338  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:33 am
Niveus' eyes didn't dare to meet hers just yet. Instead, they flicked at the sight of fish. It wasn't until he saw food that he realized he had gone without a decent meal since the day before. But at least his stomach didn't growl embarrassingly, though it took everything to hide a line of drool escaping his mouth.

If you're hungry? "I'm starved," he admitted, unable to resist any longer and tearing into the fish like a rabid dog. The bliss of eating something after a full day of not. The warmth of her voice.

It felt like coming home.

He blinked, pausing for a moment with a mouth full of fish, before gulping it down and continuing to eat. Finally, his eyes found hers and a clever smirk as well.

"Too long," he chuckled. The once mischievous stallion now had few words to his disposal. They were all spent during his time with his mother. And his voice was dry, unused from the silent journey back.

"You seem well," he uttered, honestly, as he finished the last of the fish. He didn't notice her scars just yet. To him, it was like she was from a dream, walked straight out of his memories. His old friend looked just the same as she did that day. He sighed, content. Her company was so unlike his mother's.

226 words

Rinial Sisterdragon
Sorry for such a long wait!!

elufae
Crew

Adventuring Hunter

Rinial Sisterdragon

Mythical Sex Symbol

23,100 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:38 pm
She could have laughed as he devoured the fish, but instead she wondered how long he'd gone without a proper meal. There were bound to be some rabbits scampering and searching for new growth. If he was still hungry after devouring the fish.

When he spoke two words of agreement to the length of his walk she merely nodded. Skillfully she stripped the meat from her fish, leaving behind the thin bones. She was still full of questions, but he seemed to be...tired, worn weary from his trek, "There's a creak not too far for a cool drink if you'd like. Something to wash down the fish."

His comment of her seeming well caused the mare to shrug slightly, "As well as one can be." She gave him a lopsided smirk, "I got myself into a royal mess after our hanging out, but it turned out decently enough." She chuckled at the thought of how things had been going and where they'd gone after their incredibly fun filled day.

Her tail twitched for a moment, "Do tell, what have you been up to since I last saw you?" Again that more warmth to her tone than just the friendship they'd shared, "If you're up for telling it, of course." She grinned. It was just nice to be hanging around him again.

WC: 222

Valkymie
No worries. I was just ecstatic to see a reply! Love their interaction. heart

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:52 am
With some food in his belly to finally quell the hunger, even if only for a little while, Niveus finally began to have a clearer head. He relished the thought of a creek to quench his thirst as well, and stood to follow Haven there, despite sore legs.

While listening to her, it was then that he actually noticed the new scars on her hide. A royal mess? What could have possibly happened since they last met? He now wore a worried face, he was never good at hiding his emotions. But surely whoever crossed her has scars of their own?

He held his questions for now though, and smiled meekly. In fact, after a few moments he chuckled as well. Perhaps it was funny, now that it was over.

"Just...a tiring journey." he said, pausing. Her warm voice was encouraging, and he continued, "Mother had sent someone to fetch me. And her messenger made things sound urgent...desperate. So..."

He paused again to chuckle dryly. "I thought she was dying. And as terrible a mother as she is, she is still my mother. So I went to her, in what I thought was going to be her final moments." He shook his head. "But she was as fine as ever, though any tenderness she may ever had seems to be vanishing with the years. She made me feel guilty for leaving home, guilty for not visiting at all. She seemed to forget all the torment and heartless words she'd slung my way throughout my childhood..."

His face seemed grim now, so unlike the trickster Haven once knew. "So I stayed, out of that guilt...I stayed for a long while, thinking it was truly my fault that she had become such a bitter mare. Until finally I had had enough.

And I left." he said, offering a weak smirk and a shrug. "It...took a lot to leave, and I didn't exactly prepare for another journey. That's why I look like such a mess" he chuckled. "But I was done with her guilt tripping, done with it." he nodded. and smiled genuinely.

"I hope to put it all behind me now, and most of all....I hope I never end up like her." He still smiled, but a slight worry betrayed his expression, and he looked away. He was half Kalona after all. Half of her blood runs through him. Could it really be as easy as just saying he would not end up like her?

418 words

Rinial Sisterdragon

elufae
Crew

Adventuring Hunter

Rinial Sisterdragon

Mythical Sex Symbol

23,100 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:34 pm
Haven shifted as he stood up, leaving her small pack of breakfast leftovers behind as she took a slow stride to the creek. It babbled along, replenished by the ice and snow of winter, cool still in this newly budding spring.

She read the worry on his face but kept from offering more information, it was after all his turn to talk, she'd asked away and hopefully he'd give ample answer to his disappearance and his somewhat sudden reappearance.

Her ears twitched as he spoke of his journey rather than leaving it at only being a tiring one. He seemed fairly worn thin at the thought of his mother perhaps being on the edge of death, proving he was more than just a mischievous half kalona.

Haven's ears twitched back at the thought of her friend being guilted into staying within an abusive parent-child relationship. How could anyone be such a terrible mother? She knew a good number of kalona types that weren't nearly that disastrously nasty to their kin.

"I highly doubt with you sense of humor you'd ever be able to end up like that." Haven made a face that showed all of her displeasure with the thought of how his mother had treated him, "Good lords, I can't imagine a mother doing that. It's ridiculous to guilt your child into anything, a little prodding now and then to get them to visit, alright, but trapping one with guilt is just...." Her tail flicked angrily, "I can't imagine doing that kind of thing to my boys. One I haven't seen in the flesh for several years, though he sends word that he's in good health now and then, and my other just got himself a mate."

"I will never understand some mothers. They just don't make sense to me. If you regret the father of the children that's all well and good, but don't you ever take it out on the child. That's unfair, and highly damaging." She nearly growled at the thought, then gave a swift kick to a loose rock. The rock flew decently then landed with a splash in the creek they were nearing.

Looking over at him, "Besides, you've got a bonus your mom doesn't, I'm your friend, and if you get out of line with a kid when or if you have em, I'll just headbutt you till you're not a jerk anymore." She gave him a devious sort of grin, as her statement was a promise, not a threat.

WC 417

Valkymie

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:27 pm
Niveus listened to Haven while at the water's edge. He grinned, and it felt as if it stretched his skin, like he hadn't smiled in years.

"Yeah, I must have taken after my father in that way." To be fair, he never actually met his father. His mother insisted that she scared him off after she got what she wanted from him, a foal. Niveus wondered..if he was still out there somewhere..

Musing on the thought, he bent his neck to drink, then flicked his ears back to Haven. He mentally nodded, his mouth full of water, at her words. He couldn't imagine her being like that to her boys either...

wait...

Choking on the water he half-gulped, Niveus gasped for air and cleared his throat. Eager to regain his composure and play it cool, he dunked his face back into the stream to drink again, while questions consumed him. Boys? He knew he was gone a looong time, but did so much really happen since then? He flinched as she kicked the rock, but kept drinking from the creek. Or did she have them when they met? Surely she would have mentioned that before...right?

He kept listening to her, keeping those questions to himself, and as his thirst was quenched, he finally looked up and smiled earnestly. "That's true, I'll always have you to keep me in check. Ha! If anything, my kids would be lucky!" he said, in an effort to cheer himself up.

After a moment, he added, "So...you're a mother now?", almost meekly. It was just something he didn't really expect. And he hoped that in asking, he didn't come off as thinking it was a bad thing. Honestly, he was excited! He kind of wanted to meet these boys of hers. And wondered if they were anything like their mother. In fact...part of him felt a little envious...

317 words

Rinial Sisterdragon

elufae
Crew

Adventuring Hunter

Rinial Sisterdragon

Mythical Sex Symbol

23,100 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:22 pm
"Must have." She chuckled at the thought of what his father might be like, curious at the thought. Perhaps he'd even look for his father?

Her ear flicked as she heard his choke, then clearing his throat, that was a bit odd, and then she really thought about it for a moment, she'd just rambled on and mentioned her kids. That might have very well been a shock for him. Especially in consideration that they'd met just before she'd gotten knocked up.

"Super lucky!" She gave a mild sort of laugh at the thought of his foals being less guilted and more free spirited than his mother had allowed him to be.

And there was the question she'd figured he'd ask. It was much more meek than he'd been a moment ago, she took a small breath, well, it was better for him to know now, than find out later, she braced herself, figuring hardly any stallion wanted to really hang out with an unmated mother, but her sons were their own stallions and had their own lives, which made things easier for the time being.

"The short answer, yes." Haven's pale face had a wry smile on it and she leaned down for a drink, swallowing the cool liquid she looked back at him, "Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, I'm pretty open about the oops, and my boys." She wasn't phrasing it as her worst mistake that ended in a joy that kept her from being completely broken, even though she felt that way after she'd found out about her pregnancy and her boys had popped from their baskets. It was just a chapter in her life, and this was another.

WC: 287
Valkymie

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces