User Image

Nyaghoggua had gone on his naming quest, had changed his name, and was now on his way back home. Though he felt that something was amiss at home, but wasn't quite sure what it was. It caused him to linger in the outside world a bit longer. He had come to enjoy it more than he had original thought he would. Everything was so fascinating, so different than what he knew. Even in the swamps that the pride had once been was different. He wondered what life was like to live in the swamps, though he didn't think he'd like it too much.

He knew the mountains, he liked the mountains. Though he did enjoy the warmer climate the farther he got from the mountains. The plains were his favorite. A place he decided he might stay. Maybe even for good. He flicked his tail and bounced about carelessly. He didn't care if someone saw him or if they looked at him funny.

He was, indeed being stared at. Arachne had seen him from a mile away. The white lion, much like herself, was enjoying things much like she never did. She was timid, and never really knew how to express herself like this male before her. It made her curious when she saw him. How carefree he was, how he didn't seem to care if someone happened to walk by like she had.

She stood there, watching him move from one place to another. She was unsure of what exactly he was doing, but it had peaked her interest. She moved slowly towards him. Meek, as she was, she spoke no words. She wasn't sure what to say, but she couldn't help herself. She was a shy lion, afraid of her own body. Her marking upon her fur made her believe she was cursed.

Though there were other reasons she believed that too..

Nyahoggua had noticed, eventually, that he was being watched. It wasn't like the lioness was trying to hide. He walked towards her, gave her a silly smile and flopped to the ground rolling over on his back. " Enjoying the day?" He asked her. She may have been shy, but Nyahoggua was far from it. He'd have no issues going up to anyone and asking them how they were, or even flirting.

This female was pretty enough. Her pelt was much more interesting than he thought his was. His blue and green eyes looked at her with kindness. "I'm Nyahoggua." he said. His tail flopped upon the ground below him.

Arachne didn't expect him to walk over to her at all. She didn't realize he had noticed her until he started to approach her. She panicked. Unsure of what to do, she froze just watching him move towards her. Then, he flopped before her. She was confused. "I... I'm Arachne." She said softly.

Her name and her pelt worked against her in a twisted way, but they were hers and she accepted that she only brought bad around her. She had loved once, and had lost that love unsure why it was gone. She looked upon the male with soft eyes. "I.... was just w-walking by." She said trying to explain herself. "I d-didn't mean to d-disturb you" Soft words, like always.

She was slowly turning away, but slightly hesitating. She didn't want to be rude after all, and he didn't seem to mind her company. He wasn't being rude to her, anyways.

How adorable, Nyahoggua thought. He smiled before speaking. "You don't need to leave," he started, "You aren't disturbing anything." Other than perhaps some grass. Even her voice couldn't disturb a sleeping creature. "Arachne, was it?" He asked. "like a spider?" It was interesting, she was so meek, but her pelt and accessories made her seem fierce.

Her voice was almost too soft for Nyahoggua to hear. But he thought he heard right. It made sense, seeing as she had a spider upon her pelt. At first glance, one might have thought it was an actual spider. Of course, upon actually looking, one would notice it was her pelt. It was interesting. "Are you from around here?" He didn't want to flirt with her too much, she'd probably run away if he did.

If a lion could blush, she'd be as red as any could be. She turned her face from him for a moment, but then turned back towards him. She would stay cause he said it was okay to. She felt obligated in a sense. She wasn't good at just walking away when being talked to, it was seen as rude to her.

"N-no.." She started, "I just travel and let my f-feet take me w-where ever." That was the most honest answer she could say. She had been on the move since she had been hurt. She was searching, but her searches were becoming for not. She had all but given up. However, that was something she wasn't about to say to him. No one wanted her to pour her soul upon them. Last thing she needed was to put her own issues upon another.

He rolled over father on his back his paws relaxed in upon him. "i am not from around here either." He told her, if he had not been on his back he probably would have nodded without knowing he was doing it. "I live in the mountains." Though he couldn't recall which mountains just that he knew exactly where they were not by name but by land. "Not too far from here." he added, though it was a lot farther than he actually thought.

He wasn't the best with perception. Not that it really mattered in this case. "Though, if you wanted..." he started as he smiled at her. "I can accompany you on a small journey.' he wasn't quite ready to go back home yet. There was a feeling he couldn't shake, but this was something he was going to ignore. Follow this female like a helpless fool. Not that he was in love or anything, she just needed a strong lion to protect her. What better lion than himself? " I mean, if you don't mind."

Arachne wasn't sure what to say. She could say no and not have to worry about anything or anyone, but she didn't think she could without being rude. It was a hesitation that she always did. She smiled softly and looked to her paws for a moment. Again, obligation of letting him settled in. he asked nicely, so she felt she couldn't say no. "O-okay." She started, "I c-could use s-some c-company" She said softly.

She wasn't sure where they would go from there, but now she was stuck with him. It was a relief, sort of, to have someone else around. She had been on the move alone for so long, she forgot what it felt like to have a travel companion. It was probably a good change.

Weather she knew it or not, it was a start of a new odd friendship.

-finished-