Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
Do you accept gifts from people you dislike ?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:30 pm
I can give you a lot of example, maybe depending of the situation your reaction might be different ?

Whatever the GIFT is , something nice, something you really need or like, but it came from someone you dislike . Will you keep the gift ?

For example, when a relationship ends, the person will start to get rid of all the gifts she or he received from that person like jewellery... Some people would keep gifts that are practical only.

What if you receive a gift from someone you cut contact with, that you just don't want to hear anything about him anymore, you just don't care. Will you keep the gift?

I heard mixed response. A person gives, the other receive. The receiver don't need to give something back to the giver.

Some people think it is polite to accept gifts.

I am uncomfortable receiving a gift from someone who hurt me before. I don't want to know anything about him anymore. I feel if I take the gift, he can just say I'm greedy and don't care about him...

What do you think?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:38 pm
People I dislike don't usually give me gifts. I only have one ex, and if he got me something I would find it a little odd, but depending on what it was I would probably keep it. We don't see each other but we're reasonable friends that we still keep in contact every few months or so.

I never got rid of everything my ex gave me, but it's more sentimental then anything else.

I would say it depends on what it is, your relationship with the person whose giving it, and if it's acceptable for the situation you are in now.

For me to really dislike someone, I probably dropped all communication with them and made an effort not to see them, if they gave me a gift it would be on par with stalking and harassment.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:08 am
I would more than likely keep the gift and use it for whatever I might need it for.
It doesn't really matter to me if I dislike the person, if I can get something useful from them then I'll take it.

This reminds me of when an ex friend (we weren't friends at the time and I definitely cut ties with her before this) of mine gave me a necklace her exboyfriend gave her.
I didn't necessarily want it and she knew that, it was gaudy and kind of ugly, but I took it anyway since she was desperate to dump it on me.
I ended up pawning it and using the money to buy a video game for myself. Didn't tell her about it and she never asked me what I did with it.

To some that might have been wrong, but to me it doesn't really matter.
She didn't want it and tossed it to me knowing I didn't like it, so I used it to get something I actually wanted.
If it was something more practical or nicer I probably would have just kept it, but I had no need for the thing.
Thankfully it was one of the last times I ever spoke to her period.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:23 pm
It depends on what the person did. I'm one of those people that if someone gives me a gift I generally consider it rude to like not accept it. (That doesn't necessarily mean I'll KEEP it but that's a different convo)

But like there are a few people, that I just will not tolerate certain things they've done/have continued to do/are not/have not been sorry for in the slightest - and I will not take a gift from them. Like ever. They mail me s**t and I straight up return that to sender no matter what it was.

But I mean they have to really wrong me before it gets to that point.  

GeekWhistle

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:06 pm
smile Thank you for your replies!  
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out