[PRP] Cousins (Aolani x Zephyr x Kou)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:17 pm
User Image
Moose: As badly as it killed her, Zephyr had remained behind when a large number of her pride mates moved out to chase buffalo. The thrill of adventure sang a sweet song to the lioness, but she had a sick mate to contend with. Kou's health had been rapidly declining. He had good days, days where she thought he might pull through, but they were become fewer with each new moon.

"Keep your head up, or you'll taste seawater." Zephyr grinned. Kou had wanted to see the ocean today, so here they were, wading into the shallows. She kept close to his side in case he were to lose his strength.

Kou chuckled back to his mate. It was a weak, raspy sound, but one full of love. "Fine fine, mother." His teasing was only half warranted; frequently his head would dip down out of weariness, coming close to the water lapping at his legs. He knew he wouldn't last much longer in this world, but he didn't want to spend his final days trapped in his den.

"Do you think Zaid's ever gotten over his fear of the ocean?" Kou wasn't entirely sure the lion ever would. He'd seen his brother supposedly 'die' in a great storm, only to be caught up in it himself. He was young yet, but traumatized. Kou had never seen a lion panic more than when his cubs touched the waves.

"No, but at least he least he'll go out into it now."

The two stayed like that for a while, just musing about family and silly little things

User Image
nessiaing: Aolani padded softly over the sandy shore. The tide was starting to rise so each step she took the water came further up on her toes. She wiggled them back and forth enjoying the feeling of the water on her fur. Aolani had been born after the great storm and as such had never had a reason to fear the water tough she did respect it a good deal.

As the young lioness strolled she spotted the couple further along the beach. She frowned a little as she recongized the couple as her cousin and her cousin's mate. She had heard that her cousin's mate was very sick and she wondered what they were doing here in the water. She hoped that it was a sign that Kou was feeling better.

User Image
Moose: Kou looked towards his mate, eyes drifting out over the sand before landing on a familiar pelt. He cast a tired little smile Aolani's way, and rose his paw to wave her over. "Hello there. Are you out to enjoy the waves as well? The sea is fairly calm today." Otherwise, it would have been doubtful that he would have been in it. Kou covered his mouth for a moment to cough, though thankfully the fit subsided rather quickly.

Zephyr turned to look, and when she spotted her younger cousin she smiled as well. Though, she was much later in greeting her, since Kou's coughing took up her full attention. Even little coughs worried her these days; each one seemed to take more energy from him than she was willing to let go of. When he gave her a look that said 'it's fine then she allowed herself to greet her cousin. "Aolani, girl, you get bigger every time I see you. Soon enough you'll be old enough to go cliff diving."

Kou coughed in to his paw once more, though this time it was faked. It was followed by a stern look at Zephyr who only laughed it off.

"Oh come on, she's totally old enough for it."

"Old enough to find something better to spend her time on."

"Pfft." Zephyr waved her paw.

At least that hadn't changed. Kou could still see parts of his rambunctious lover peeking out, though his illness had killed some of her spirit. Zephyr just wasn't the same these days; she rarely left his side, and he hadn't seen her do a daring stunt in months.

nessiaing" Aolani finished her stroll over to Zephyr and Kou. She smiled in greeting to Kou. She could see some of the playfulness shining through that she had seen in Kou when she was younger. In truth Aolani hadn't been around much before Kou got sick but she could remember bits and pieces of the lion he use to be. She hated seeing him decline in health this way.

"Zephyr" she greeted her cousin giving her a gentle nuzzle as she settled in the water next to the couple. She made sure to stay close to Kou should anything happen she would be there to help her cousin with him.

"It's great to see you both out here." she told them her voice full of sincerity. She eyed her cousin with a bit of worry. It was obvious the decline in Kou but what she felt like others might be missing was how much it was taking out of Zephyr too, Aolani made a note to hang around their den more perhaps she could lend a helping hand.

At the mention of cliff diving Aolani let out a hearty laugh, "I will cliff dive only if you go with me Zephyr." She teased sticking her tongue out a the older lioness.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:58 am
nessiaing
Decided to post here, since I'm not sure how much AIM time I'll have today. c:

A nice, gentle current lapped at Zephyr's paws as if to sooth her underlying worries. She returned Aolani's nuzzle in kind, and bumped against her with a playful little grin. It still felt odd to her, seeing the younger female so old already; it felt like only yesterday that her parents were making their way into the pride.

So time can do great things. It was taking Kou from her, true, but it had also seen her sons and now her cousins grow. "Just name the day and the time; I'll be there."

Koukakala just shook his large, dark head. He'd made her promise to keep safe just so long as their sons were young, but now...oddly enough he wanted to see that daredevil side of her again. The softer, more reclusive Zephyr was foreign to him and it didn't suit her at all.

But if he told her that she would deny it, so for now he kept his mouth shut.

"Just ask your parents first." The last thing Kou wanted was for either Ramiz or Naiya to show up at their den, fuming over any injury, no matter how slight, their daughter might have gotten.

"We'll go together." Zephyr nodded. "I can be rather charming when I want to be." With a big emphasis on want.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:21 pm
Aolani shook her head "No no we mustn't tell them, I am nearly an adult I don't need permission." she said scoffing at the idea of having to go and tell her parents that she wanted to go cliff jumping, she already knew they wouldn't like the idea of their daughter diving off cliff's into the ocean that so many feared now.

"If we must we can wait till I am officially an adult, you know its not to long from now that I will be taking on my adult rank. I am in training to be a Hlare you know. Perhaps I can be the one that discovers away to make you all better cousin." she said turning her head back to wards Kou. It was a big change in conversation back to one of a serious nature but Aolani wanted her cousins to know that they were on her mind, and that her career choice was in part because she wanted to find a cure for whatever it was that was ailing Kou.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:42 am
nessiaing

"Oh ho ho, I like it." Zephyr grinned. Even though she could practically feel her mate scoffing behind her, it just propelled her forward. How many of her little trips had she taken without her parents permission? Better to run out fangs bared than to hang on the beach all their lives!

"I don't see why we can't go now. I mean, like you said, you're practically grown as it is." Of course she didn't imagine the girls parents would see things that way, but Zephyr wasn't really one to care.

Koukakala smile softly at the little female. "Maybe you will be, Aolani, but perhaps now you should just focus on your studies. You've a long time yet before you're a master in your field." He didn't want to get his hopes up that perhaps this little slip of a girl would have the cure he'd been aching for, nor did he wish to put that kind of pressure on her young shoulders.

He knew he didn't have much time left in this world, and Kou didn't want to burden his family anymore than they already were.

And if his adventurous mate was this wild now, what would she be like once he was gone? Who would be there to reign her in? That's what he truly worried about. Would she even try to keep herself safe or would she-?

"I heard a rumor about a young lion from the K'Z coming to join us. They say he's a looker, and single, Aolani."
Kou quipped. Best change the subject to something brighter, and less dangerous than cliff diving.

"Oh that's riiiiight! His father was from here, if I remember correctly. Poor boys blind as a bat, though. One eye I can understand, but both? Must be had for him to get by."
Certainly not someone she would pair with her younger cousin. Aolani needed a steady, stable mate.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces