Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Prelude to an Interlude (Blight and Orpheus)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kettyn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:10 pm
User Image
There was no warning at all. One moment the skies where clear and sunny and the next great black clouds had bloomed and covered the expanse above the area that Orpheus had found himself in. He stared at the sky in wonder as lightning began to arc back and forth. He was willing to watch a little bit of the light show above him at the expense of getting drenched. Sometimes he was a little too eager for when the skies darkened.

Lately he'd been feeling restless. He knew that his daughters were wandering and he wished them every happiness but at the same time he missed the exchanges that he had with them. Finding himself in a lonely funk was the job of his familiar to try and break him free of the shackles but Eurydice was no where to be found this day. The goat hated getting wet and was most likely hiding from the rain.

Wasteland Wyvern
I have no idea for a title

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:06 pm
User ImageStanding in the middle of a field Blight watched as the heavens opened and lightning began to arc through the sky. In truth she thought storms to be one of the most beautiful things nature could devise. Her ruined wings moved slightly on her back, looking more like thin wrought iron window frames sans the stained glass they once held. She sighed as the first rain drops splattered around her, on her. At times she felt a lot like the rain, doing what came natural. In her case eating, breathing, living, just doing what came natural to stay alive but it wasn't truly living. She was just going through the motions.
Her familiar Ghost was no where to be seen. He was still in a slump after he'd accidentally fathered children with another ferret named Diou. He'd told Diou she could keep the kids and ran off somewhere to lick his wounds. She had just sighed and told him that when he spends the night with lady ferrets, kids often happen. He'd made a face and slunk off.
Oh well, at least it was quieter without him making trouble for a time. Though she did miss his presence even he noticed that she was just going through the motions and he'd scolded her so badly. It was odd to have him mad at her. They'd never truly fought for all the time they'd been together.
Another sigh escaped her and that was the first time she saw him. Surprise flitted across her features for a moment before the melancholy took back over and settled her expression back to neutrality with just a hint of sadness. Another Soquili was out here in the middle of nowhere enjoying the storm. Well she guessed he was enjoying the storm considering he was not moving to get out of the rain.
At first she felt that she should say hello but the fear that she'd drive another away with the sadness most could see in her eyes quickly took hold. 'Dare I?' She asked herself. Blinking slowly her feet made up her mind for her and moved forward. 'Curious...' She thought. Her heart skipped a beat at actually having someone to talk to for a time.

Kettyn
Maybe something simple like 'Orpheus and the Broken Mare'?
I am terrible at titles too. XD

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

Kettyn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:48 am
At first it would have seemed that the stallion was all but ignoring the mare that was swiftly closing the distance between them. The truth of the matter was a much more simple one. He simply did not hear the mare's approach as it was muted by the cacophony of the thunder. It was quite a shock for Orpheus when he spun around to find a spectral-looking mare standing less than three feet from him. As lightning flashed and lit the area like a poor rendition of a search light Orpheus cleared his throat. A cough followed before he found his tongue.

"It's not often I find someone has effectively caught me off guard. I'm also surprised to see another out here like I am on an evening as such."

Orpheus stepped back to get a better look at the mare before shaking his mane. Water droplets spattered around him as he grimaced. "Anyways I'm not sure where I left my manners. I'm Orpheus."

Wasteland Wyvern
How does the title look?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:04 am
User Image

She couldn't help the smile that sprung to her lips, the first in a long time, as she listened to him tell her that she'd caught him off guard. It reminded her so much of Rhamiel when she'd done the same, though he'd screamed 'ghost!' and ran the opposite direction. She watched as he shook the water droplets away, the lightning flashing so bright the sky appeared as though it were day for a moment. "My apologies for surprising you Orpheus. I was just enjoying the storm when I noticed you seeming to do the same." Her smile grew just the tiniest bit, "Night is my favorite time, and nighttime storms are even more so." She watched him for a second, "I'm Blight..." As she said her own name it felt foreign on her tongue. It had been so long since she'd spoken it. "So do you enjoy storms too?" She thought this the most amusing considering his markings, reminiscent of lightning itself. This was a most curious stallion and she'd be very interested in learning about him if he allowed it. In truth she was grateful for the company. Life had a way of becoming dull quickly if one let it, and Blight had never shied away from letting life become boring. Boring was safe...

Kettyn
I love it! Much better than anything I could come up with. XD

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

Kettyn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:03 pm
Orpheus managed to grin cheerily at the mare as she introduced herself. The stallion found himself glancing at Blight as lightning lit up the sky above. The sight of another out in this storm intrigued him to say the least. A small chuckle escaped him as he realized that Blight had also apologized for startling him. "There is no need to offer apologies as it was bound to happen. My attention was on the skies above. Anyone could have startled me. At least you are not a walker or one of those Soquili that love to cause others misery."

Orpheus calmed his racing heart as the thunder sounded above. He took his attention from the skies to the mare instead. As she asked her questions he found himself nodding along. "I do like the storms. I love the changes that the storms bring to the land. I take it from your comment that you enjoy the storms as well."

The stallion flicked his braided tail in an attempt to rid himself of the drenched sensation he was experiencing as moisture had accumulated in it.

Wasteland Wyvern
Good. It stays then. Editing text color

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces