Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[BL/PRP] The New Generation (Runa/Rona/Chandran/Yue'shi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:17 am
User ImageUser Image

Typically Runa chose not to adventure out more than she had to these days. It was harder to maintain secrecy with five rambunctious offspring constantly picking at each other, but they had to try. One day her cubs would be assets to their father's war on justice; right now she just hoped they wouldn't tear each other apart. In truth, she had never spent enough time around others to have ever even cubsat, let alone watch five of them at once and deal with them as they grew. Runa wouldn't give anything for her cubs, but their energy was maddening.

Thus, the night out. With Meshach watching the others, Runa had decided that she and Rona could handle Yue'shi and Chandron for the evening. Actually, they were probably getting the better end of the bargain, she thought with a grin. "Come on, Yue'shi, stop dawdling and keep up."

Yue'shi wasn't exactly thrilled to be going out today. She had her own plans for the evening, and they had been totally wrecked thanks to this. Granted, she had done her fair share of whining, groaning, and paw dragging in an attempt to annoy her mother to the point of dismissal. But, Runa was persistent, so here she was.

Grumbling under her breath, the young lioness kicked at a pebble and kicked up her pace...a little. This is so lame. She had her own secret adventures to get to! Didn't her mom or Aunt Rona understand that?!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:30 am
User ImageUser Image

Glancing over towards mother and daughter, Rona had to hide the flicker of a smile. Normally much more reserved and often mistaken as a shadow of her twin, the lioness found life easier as a guard rather than anything else. Secretly she was a bit thankful towards the chaos going on in their lives right now. Ever since that fateful night she had wandered into the pride with her twin the lioness had regretted the very moment she opened her eyes under the moon. A split second, a brief moment in time should never have affected their lives so.

Being out here in the roguelands despite the risks and secrecy was refreshing to say the least.

With a small smirk the lioness brushed past her niece, "It won't ruin your life to pick up some tricks here and there." She whispered quietly, "Makes it easier to have fun later." If anything she recognized that spirit of adventure burning inside the younger lioness. It may lead to trouble later, but it was much better than that silent one over there. While Yue'shi made certain her feelings came across, Chandran was silent as always. A face of stone with rarely any emotions in those silver-blue eyes.

Chandran was staring at the stars as he kept pace with his mother. He always felt more peace under the light of the moon and embraced the protection that the shadows gave him. It definitely made it easier for him to act as a guardian to his siblings.

Even his sister's dawdling didn't bother him as he moved forward, "What are you planning, mother?" His gaze was intent and far too old for his age as he surveyed the lands around them. It truly was quiet out here...

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:48 am
"If only you knew." She murmured under her breath. Yue'shi couldn't count the amount of times her parents had caught her doing something stupid, only to have her twin cover for her. It made her feel guilty, having her sister protect her like that, but at the same time she had learned, despite all appearances. So much so that the last few times she hadn't been noticed at all... Even if she wanted to tell her Aunt, Mama and Chandran didn't need to know so she tried to pick her spirits up. "Why did it have to be Chandran?" She tried to whisper to her Aunt, though it wasn't very quiet at all. "He's so boring and stiff."

In truth, she hadn't spent much one on one time with her brother. It was the way Yue'shi preferred it. He was even more of a dud than Mama.

Looking over her shoulder, Runa caught the exchange between Aunt and niece before turning her gaze back out onto the world. It was hard looking after a daughter whose isolation made it easy to influence her. Sometimes she wondered if Rona was undermining her teachings, giving Yue'shi that sort of talk, but she knew in her soul that her twin wouldn't bring harm to her cubs.

At least she didn't have to worry over her son. "I'll explain in a bit, Chandran. I think you'll enjoy this." She said with a little smile. As they narrowed in on their target, Runa's pace slowed down and she turned so she could address them all. "We have two options tonight; option one and option two. I'll let you three decide, and majority will rule."

Yue'shi furrowed her brow. "How are we supposed to decide if you won't tell us what they are?"

"If I told you, it wouldn't be fun, now would it?"

"...fine, I'll go with option two."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:04 pm
Painted Moose

Rona's brilliant gaze watched her niece with faint amusement. At least the younger lioness was learning, "Is he?" Rona replied quietly as she glanced back towards her nephew, "Maybe he's more like one of those strange rocks I've seen before...all gray and dull on the outside but once you break them open a shimmering gem is revealed? At least that's a hope." She teased lightly before moving forward.

Truly she wasn't certain why her sister chose this pair of the siblings, but maybe there was something that could be learned between the two. It's definitely a good mix of fire and ice. Maybe Chandran could pick up some spirit from his sister while she in turn may learn a bit of something from him?

Chandran frowned before moving on. He didn't mind being called names, because the lion worked hard to keep up at night and to roam quietly behind some of his siblings. Yue'shi may have thought that she was having all the adventure, but the male also tended to have wandering paws. For him though it wasn't as much for fun, but rather to protect those he cared about.

"If you say so." His gaze showed no amusement as he shook his head at the riddle, "Just go with one then." Since they started out knowing nothing then what was the point in having a decision now? Either way he was prepared to learn and to fight whatever challenge his mother presented them.

He sighed as Yue picked option two....of course they couldn't even pick the same option either. His gaze flickered to Rona who smiled slowly, "Is it really going to be up to me to decide for you two?"

With just a moment of hesitation Chandran shook his head, "It doesn't matter to me so option two it is." His firm gaze locked onto his aunt's, "There. Now what is option two going to be?" He glanced back towards his mother with faint interest.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:08 am
"Soooo...you're saying I should kill my brother and see what his insides look like? That's creepy even for you, Aunt Rona." She shuddered, but ended up grinning. A little tease here and there wasn't so bad, right? Of course, watching the way her mother still after hearing it brought the young lioness to a halt. Why was she...? Oh, right, the bad King had murdered his family. It was just a joke though so mama shouldn't be that freaked out.

"So, option two it is then." She chirped, trying to keep her mother's focus on the task at hand.

She'll get herself killed.

Runa tried, the Great Lion knew she did, but there was only so many survival skills she could show her cubs before they made their own decisions. In truth, she was hoping that Chandran's calmer, collective nature could be a sort of balance for Yue'shi; she was creative, and a great tracker, but prone to going too far and getting herself into trouble. If they could work well together then maybe...

"There is a walkway down into the gorge just a short ways before us. This is where I taught your father to hunt, and how to fight for himself. Now it's where your skills will be tested." Runa pointed a claw in the general direction. "On the other side of the gorge are three items; the two of you are to pick only one you think would benefit the rebellion and bring it back. Without disturbing the prey beasts. Your Aunt and I will be judging your progress, but ultimately how you go about this is between the two of you."

Looking to her twin, Runa raised her brow, "Sound good to you?"

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:27 pm

Rona nearly burst out laughing. She did enjoy the sass of her niece that was for certain! "Possibly, but no." She shook her head, trying her best to dispel the grin on her own maw. "I mean just give him a better look sometimes. There might be more than meets the eye there." After all wasn't Rona normally quiet herself? No one could see the hidden trickster waiting to emerge; she spent too much time guarding her precious family for that.

Chandran could only glance back towards the pair. Still, despite hearing plainly the comments made by his sister the lion showed no reaction. They were out here to train not to jest about what color his insides could be. Not that I have much to show. He wondered how his own aunt did it. Always worrying about her dear ones yet always seeming so light at heart. His own was constantly tied into a knot of worry...they were rebels and eventually something was bound to explode.

"Me?" Rona raised her own brow as a mirror of her twin's own expression, "I suppose that's a good tactful way to train. As rebels we wouldn't want to throw a whole stampede of trouble before getting to our objective. Silence is best and proves that when you do fight, you have chosen your battle carefully. I just hope they can find something to agree on together."

Chandran glanced towards his aunt. What? Would she have rather caused a stampede and seen how they darted among the raging beasts? He thought of Yue and shook his head. That was not what he wanted at all. So he brushed past his mother and only paused to glance over his shoulder,"Don't disturb the prey and pick an item. Understood." With that the male lion started off.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:53 pm

"Hey butt face, wait up!" Yue'shi took off at a dead run after her brother. If one thing was certain it was the lioness' speed; she could have rivaled a cheetah on her good days. If only her mind could keep up with her paws, then she would have truly been a force to reckon with. As it stood she caught up with her brother, feeling a little slippage in her paws as the terrain tilted down hill. Even she wasn't so stupid as to keep talking, especially not with the herd of wildebeest so close. How were they supposed to get around these things, anyway? They were so fat!

She turned her soft, blue eyes to Chandran and shrugged her shoulder.

Runa watched her children, keen on keeping a sharp eye out until they were far enough along to trail after. She fully intended on taking a higher ridge that over looked the gorge; that way she could see everything and assess their progress without being directly involved.

"I worry for them, sister." While she normally kept her emotions so close to her heart, as a mother she had fears. Deeply rooted ones. "I want them to learn how to defend themselves, but I also want to keep them as far from this war as I can." Runa started moving for the ridge, ears slightly tilted back with thought. "Chandran would die to keep his family safe, and Yue'shi will do something foolish to end her life. They can't afford to go into this without...ah, but I'm rambling."

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:10 pm
Painted Moose

Chandran tilted his body just in case his sister did slip. The lion could only shake his head quietly at her shrug before lowering his body towards the ground. Right now their only choice was to sneak through the area until they found the items. Pausing, he gazed towards her and nodded his head towards the left. If she wanted to join she could or they could meet back up in the middle.

He would leave that decision to her.

Following her twin, Rona smiled faintly. "Isn't that natural for a mother? Though I do admit this situation is a bit more extreme than most..." As her sister apologized the lioness raised an eyebrow, "Is that not what I'm here for? I'm your secret keeper of course. Feel free to ramble away. The last thing I want is my twin to bottle up her feelings and explode all over the place one day." Smirking, Rona glanced over towards the gorge. "All cubs have to grow up one day. As their aunt I wish them safety, but I know that it's impossible to pull them away from danger. No matter where you go in this world trouble is bound to stir. All we can do is teach them how to best deal with it and hope that when the time is right they make the right decision. Plus, they have our blood in them." She laughed quietly, "Last time I checked neither of us would go down easily, so neither will they."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:41 pm
"I suppose. I can't remember our mother's face, let alone what she did for us." If the lioness had done anything at all for them. Even her name escaped Runa. She didn't mourn the loss, however, though she did wish that she had more to go on than what was 'natural' for a mother.

The ridge was a narrow strip of land with a sharp drop off to their left. Runa led the way across, waiting for the slip of space where it was wide enough for three or four lions to walk side by side. "Yes, they have our blood but they also have their father's. It's not our side of the family that I worry about; it's the curse of that royal blood." Her mate, the ex-prince, had enough strife in his family BEFORE his blood kin had murdered so many of their family. Now she'd brought cubs into it. Shaking her head, Runa craned her head to look at the two youngsters. "Looks like they're splitting off; this could be interesting."

Yue'shi rumpled up her nose, flattened it and made a little soft snort. Her brother could be so...so...frustrating! Do this sister, go this way sister, here's my clear cut opinion sister... No, it was always 'pick what you want but really no matter what you do I'm going to frown'. Grumbling she moved to the left, slipping around the bloated forms of a dozen wildebeest. They stank to the God's Haven, but Yue'shi kept her comments to herself.

As she pressed further she started to pick up more speed. Better to finish this off quickly, right? For a moment everything was going smoothly; she was dodging between fat, cloven legs until she very nearly ran into a baby that was asleep next to it's mother. She squeaked a little, praying it hadn't woken up to see her, but when it made no move she hurriedly ran the rest of the way through the gorge. Now, all she had to do was pick up some stupid item and bring it back with Chandran. Okay, good, but where were the items and where the hell was her brother?

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:45 am
Painted Moose

Her gaze flickered before Runa slowly nodded her head, "True." It was like a bad memory shoved far away in the back of her mind. They had raised themselves and for her it was like they never had parents to begin with. Perhaps that was the reason she had decided to dedicate her life to her sister instead of settling down. She didn't want to risk losing a family again...

"We're warriors." Runa stated simply, "It should be enough to help them to conquer any curses of heritage." If not then her claws were ready. If any of those royals even dared to try to harm the her twin's cubs then they would have to get past her first. And she had faith in this litter to do what was right.

Runa just shook her head before glancing over, "That doesn't surprise me. Let's just see if they can join back up in the end..."

Her squeak made Chandran stumble. The lion's body tensed and he prepared to dash across the herd to his sister's side. Yet, he caught himself in time and was relived to see that she had managed to get through. Now he just had to locate the item and he could reunite with Yue and get out of here...

Frowning, the lion nosed through the undergrowth. Now what did she leave for him?

It would be several breaths later that Yue'Shi would find a wildebeast skull with familiar eyes moving towards her. After all was it not a good defensive item that also allowed a lion to charge? Chandran also thought that if they really wanted he could argue that this was what the rebels needed...a mask so that they could blend in with the inside and then attack from there.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:23 pm
Sabra Knight

"I hope so, sister, I truly hope so." Runa watched first her daughter, then her son as they moved through the herd. A few noises here and there from the beasts, though nothing to indicate her cubs had been found. It was all well and good so far, but they would have to make it back as well.

Yue'shi scrunched up her nose and looked around. Where in the heck was he?! She resisted the urge to stomp her paw, since she was atop unstable ground and surely that would have made a bad noise or two.

She craned her neck to look over the beasts, totally missing what was coming at her from underneath. When Yue'shi turned her head to peep at it, the moving skull scared a shriek from her lungs. On instinct she jumped back, more away than ever now that the herd had not only heard her, but they were on the move!

"Here we go," Runa sighed. So close. So close and yet so very, very far away...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:26 pm
Painted Moose

"Yue!" Hissing, Chandran had tried to stop his sister but it was too late. As the herd moved around them the lion placed his body over his sisters and used the skull as a shield. Apparently the herd would divide themselves around the skull in respect of their dead. He was just thankful that the smell of dirt clinging to his body mixed in with the scent of death so well.

"Let's get out of here." Nudging his sister he began to lead the way out of the gorge. This was probably going to be a failure, wasn't it? Still...his sister was safe. That was what mattered most to him.

"Looks like they live to face another day." Runa just shook her head, "Let's go meet them shall we?" With that she jumped from her own perch and began to head down. Despite their mother's and her own worry, Runa had faith that these cubs would become fine warriors yet. It would just take time...and a lot of patience.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces