It was time to bake! Sorrel spent quite a bit of silver pumpkin seeds at the market to buy all of the ingredients he needs for Halloween. It’s the best time of the year for him, but it was a bit lonely for he would always celebrate it with his parents. The dormouse then had an idea of making some sweets, and then mail them off. His younger siblings must be missing him a lot around this time. “I hope that they’ll get the packages in one pieces.” The postal service can be a bit messy when it comes to the fragile stuff.

Guarding his ingredients from the other monster students, the little dormouse scurries over to his dorm room in the dormitory and locking the door up. He doesn’t want to fight the other students to keep what’s his. The door is locked up, and he walks over to the kitchen to get started on the baking with his ingredients set out on the counter for the time being and getting all the tools too. “Let’s see, where to start?” Well first he has to prep the oven up and then he’ll see what to do.

Spookies are his specialty. It will be wrong for him to not even make them today. He was making some sugar and pumpkin spice cookies because it is the main staple for this holiday, the pumpkin! The scent of the dough being mixed together had caught the attention of Chiffon, his first mini who is a Kirpoof Fruit Cream. “You can eat the dough Chiffon, no matter what you do.” Sorrel knew that Chiffon will chirrup and whine in wanting to have a bite, already scratching at his leg. But the mini will have to wait until he is finished baking it off, grabbing the pumpkin cookie cutter to stamp out the rolled dough.

With the cookies on the baking sheet and in the oven, he moved on to make growlnies. They were a big hit with his siblings who just love fudgy chocolate. As he was mixing the ingredients together, more of his minis were popping up from their hiding spots in the dorm to see what he’s making. Looking back, he saw Matcha the green tea primadonner, Queen Anne the very posh Queen Tart Treat, Torte the Heartless Tart, and Millie the March Hare who are all staring intensely. “You guys! These are for my little brothers and sisters. I’ll make something for you afterwards okay?” He really doesn’t want to usher them out of the kitchen, but will if he has to in order to continue baking.

Sending them off, he has the space again to finish mixing the gooey chocolate growlnies and pour them in the pan to bake, and just in time as the spookies are finish. He switch places of his baked sweets with the growlnies in the oven and set the spookies off to one side to cool. Now it was his favorite part which is decorating. Mixing colorful frosting together, he piped on the bright orange and yellow, making different jack o lantern faces that would surely make them fearful and laugh as they eat them up.

The growlnies were done and was slathered with a thick, yummy, and bright orange buttercream on top of them. “Okay, once that’s set I need to cut them up and pack them to be sent over.” Now that he was finish, his minis appear again for sweets and the dormouse merely sighs at them. “Fine, I knew this would happen anyways . . .” In the pantry he had already made some little pumpkin spookies just for them to munch on and gave them some. “Happy Halloween everyone!”