Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:44 pm
User Image

It had been a year since Yareha Afaer and Latitare had settled in the Aka'mleli. It wasn't the same as life in the Mwezi'Johari had been of course, but neither had life as a rogue. And given the very little he'd heard of events in his birth pride...well...the white lion had been strongly tempted to send Latitare to find out what had happened.

The eagle, currently engaged elsewhere in a manner Yareha was trying not to think about, had argued against it. Firstly, because Yareha was exiled and whatever the news was, having it might tempt him to return. Secondly, that Latitare might also be subject to the rules of exile and it was possible that he'd be attacked as well if he returned. Reluctantly, the lion had agreed. That didn't, however, stop him from questioning any rogues who had come from that direction. Not that they had much, if anything, to add.

The third reason to not find out about the Mwezi was that Yareha had spent the past few years trying to turn his life around from who he had been in those days. Like Facio had told him to, he'd been focused on the amazingly beautiful Kilua. Whom he hadn't even touched with a single paw in all the time he'd known her. Instead of simply seducing her the way he had all his other loves and affairs, Yareha had spent time with her, with and without Latitare and Laenaera. They'd talked of everything and nothing, gone hunting, and generally built up the kind of relationship he had once had with Laelia.

Minus the sex.

That wasn't to say he didn't want to have children with Kilua - far from it. But he didn't want to go into anything lightly. He didn't want cubs to divide them, he wanted them to raise such cubs together.

He'd never raised the subject with her in the past moons. He had no idea how she'd react.

All those thoughts tumbled through his mind as Yareha approached Kilua under her favorite shady tree.

"Good afternoon," he offered her with a smile.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The soft sounds of the breeze drifting through the trees warmed Kilua's heart. It was a sound that she figured wasn't completely unique to the Aka'mleli, but there's no way the sound could be so sweet in any other tree. It is why she spent so much time here, as well as why it was relatively easy for Yareha to find her here.

"Good afternoon, Yareha," she said warmly. She enjoyed his company, and had a hard time viewing him as an old outsider. They had fit in pretty well, and their coming even helped her finally get her own avian companion. Perhaps that was the way it was meant to be; otherwise, why did she wait such a long time for her companion to finally arrive at her side?

"Its a beautiful day, isn't it? The breeze is just perfect." She was so comfortable, sitting underneath the tree, but she motioned for Yareha to sit next to her if he so desired. There was always enough space under this tree for more than one.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:40 pm
The white male was not at all averse to accepting the silent invitation and he settled himself next to Kilua quickly and happily. She seemed so calm and relaxed...he almost envied her that.

Of course, if she had been thinking even half of what he was, she'd be nervous too, or so he hoped.

"It's a perfect day indeed," he agreed. "Or at least...it could be," Yareha added. He hoped his nerves didn't show. He hoped she wouldn't be upset with him.

He really really hoped she wouldn't get pissed off by his presumption.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:30 pm
Kilua tried to never let her mind get too full of things; it was easier to just handle situations as they came. So she had merely been enjoying the day before her, and now she was enjoying Yareha's company.

"It could be? And it is?" Kilua laughed. "I don't know if it can be a perfect day if you add that on at the end." She really had no idea what he was leading towards, nor that he was so twisted up inside. He seemed alright enough to her, though since it was just the two of them with no avian friends he was a bit more stiff.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:35 pm
Yareha was desperately grateful that Latitare was otherwise occupied and that Laenaera was somewhere else. Just because he trusted the eagle and his daughter, didn't mean he liked either of them being witness to the awkwardness that he never had seemed to grow out of. Oh sure, he could be suave and smooth with any lioness he'd ever wanted to sleep with, but it was an act that he put on for himself and them.

And even if Latitare didn't say anything, the damned bird would observe and remember.

"Yes, it could be," he replied with a smile. "Or at least, it would be, for me if..."

Yareha paused gathering his mental fortitude before he spoke the irrevocable, wonderful words he'd kept behind his teeth for so long.

"If you would be my mate."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:06 pm
To say that Kilua wasn't completely caught off guard wouldn't be too far from the truth. She had wondered for a while on his feelings, and her's, and what would happen, and who would ask first...but again, it was something that she didn't let herself dwell on too much. Perhaps from seeing how her own parents' relationship changed at one point. Why overthink things?

So instead of wondering on the past and the future, she merely smiled, feeling her cheeks flush a bit as she let herself enjoy this moment. "Yes, I would love to be," she finally answered, her face beaming.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:11 pm
Blue eyes widened in nervous pleasure at Kilua's words. He hadn't been sure she'd accept, hadn't been sure he deserved her acceptance, what with his past, but to hear her say those words?

Pure bliss.

"Then today is a perfect day," he sighed happily, leaning over to nuzzle her gently. In fact, he felt that if he somehow died today, he'd die completely content.

And wasn't that something? The old Yareha wouldn't have died content before he managed to sleep with her.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:37 pm
She accepted his nuzzle happily, and willingly returned the gesture. She felt her chest warm with pleasure just as her cheeks had a moment earlier, feeling content. Who knew that today would have turned out to be such a big day? Well, Yareha, probably.

Kilua laughed. "Were you really nervous? To be honest, I was trying to figure out my own feelings, and yours...though I guess it would have been best just to ask you how you felt. You beat me there, though."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:42 pm
"Of course I was nervous!" the lion admitted, thrilled by Kilua's willingness to nuzzle him back. He debated how much to discuss with her. He knew more than enough of lionesses to know that she definitely did not want to have any idea how many he'd been involved with.

But...she was aware that he'd had children, years before. So if he spoke in general terms, Kilua would assume that was what he'd been referring to. It made him wince inside, to consider lying to his love, but really, he didn't see any good way to mention the truth.

And frankly, he didn't want her to know about the lion he'd been.

"As you know, my track record with real...solid...relationships hasn't been too great," he explained. "So I wanted to wait until I was sure. But that doesn't mean I knew you'd be sure too."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:06 pm
Kilua gave him another small, reassuring nuzzle. "I never have gone into it too much, but my own parents' relationship is best described as....complicated. So I appreciate your thoughtfulness on the situation." And she really did appreciate it.

"Honestly, I feel all the better about this, with how long we've known each other." This wasn't something that developed super fast, at least not for Kilua, though she had fancied him for a while. How she felt now was solid, and she loved that.

Kilua was content to just sit here with him, let the day slowly dissolve away as they just enjoyed each others' company.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas