[DM] Come watch the blood. Maelthorn VS. Alden |T.2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maelthorn
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:29 pm
This battle will take place in... Well, lets say a very crouded city area, just, don't mind the civilians, they were going to have to die sometime.
I chose this to be Tier 2 because well, tier one is just so boring...
I shall wait for a challenger to make my entrence.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:40 pm
^_^ Your challenger will be a swordfighter named Alden. Post away sir.  

Ikibe

Maelthorn
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:37 pm
(( Excuse me for my absence, for I have been quite delayed by the arrival of Oblivion to my home. Which happens to be the best game ever created. ))

He stands atop a 5 story apartment building, the figure of his body was black agaisnt the light polluted sky. He simply wore a black thin vest which went down to his knees, and underneath, a plain black t-shirt, and for pants, he wore hakamas, as samurai wore in 16th century Japan, though black as night were they. At his waist lay a wicked blade, 6'5" long, the curved blade hung from him, looking as though a giant katana, the tip of the sheath lay at rest upon the roof of the desolate building.
He waited.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:18 am
((Mael, I'm wondering why you changed this to a DM. You DO realize that you won't be able to use this character when you lose this fight right?))

Your opponent, standing on the roof of another nearby apartment building, is odd looking to say the least.

He wears a yukata of red silk, belted with gold. Across his back and resting in a sling is a scimitar wrapped in more red silk as opposed to a sheath. He wears no shoes, instead prefering the feel of his bare feet on the ground.

His eyes are brilliant green, framed by long blond hair crimped in numerous lightning bolts. He grins at the sight of Maelthorn, baring shiny white teeth in an enthusiastic smile.

With a graceful movement he draws his scimitar with one hand and unravels the silk from around it with a tug. He whips the sheer red material around his right wrist and lower arm, holding the curved blade in the left with the tip pointing down.

He taps the tip of his blade on the roof, sending a loud -=ping=- echoing through the silent night. A clear signal that the fight had begun.  

Jans Viper
Vice Captain

Maelthorn
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:02 pm
" Must I always attack first..? "

He asked in a completely unaudible grumble as he shook his head left and right slightly. He drew his giant blade and held it lazily as his side, the blade resting against the concrete molded roof. He closed his eyes and raised his head t'ward the sky, the street lights flickered, and died. He closed his eyes slowly and brought his left hand out, and up above his head a bit. His palm open, a drop of water landed in his open hand and rain down to his elbow and feel to the roof; it began to pour. Without warning, his legs bent slightly, a barely noticable motion, and his body then left the roof and was half way towards his opponent, the swrods still basically in the same position, held loosely in his right hand. At the time of arrival, (about 20 feet away, and closing in fast) he kicked his right leg to the left, putting his body into a very quick spin, his arm holding the wicked blade raised, across his left shoulder, the sword curving behind his neck. Upon the end of the spin, his arm uncoiled and the blade sailed directly at his adversary's sword, attempting to knock him off balance.
This would be a very easy maneuver concidering the mass of the sword and the added momentum of the spin. And upon knocking him off balance, his right foot would come in contact with the roof and he'd continue the spin with a jump, his body now diagonal, this would cut his opponent in two, while himself still maintaining a mostly safe distance, the blade being really big n'all.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:02 pm
The attack would have likely been devastating to Alden and his thin curved blade. If not for one little factor...

Speed

The moment Maelthorn's blade came close to him, Alden moves. There's a blur as he leaps, rocketing high above the spin. The problem with this sort of attack was dimensions and momentum, while Maelthorn was indeed a destructive whirlwind, Alden's moves were about to end this foolishness.

With a light step he lands perfectly on the rotating blade for half a second, then springs off before he can be caught in the rotation. The effect of his downward impact on the spinning blade would probably send the other fighter careening out of control as the blade slammed downwards, unable to bring his movements under control as Alden soars down again, his scimitar darting in to lance into Maelthorn's skull.  

Ikibe

Maelthorn
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:12 pm
Immediately as his eyes had registered a change in position of his opponent, he put one of his abilities to use. Manipulating his bodily energies, as some liked to call it, ki, or chi, he forced it from his body against the momentum of his spin which caused the turning to completely stop, which would most likely put his adversay's calculation upon where to land, off.
As his body continued to move forward, he'd been compiling information in his brain while he was in the midst of his stopping the spin. He new that his enemy was behind him and above him, therefore, as soon as his foot touched the building and pushed a bit up, and forward, causing his body to rocket to the other side of the building at an almost horizontal angle. It ended with a somersault. Immediately after the roll he twisted his body to look behind him at where his enemy was.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:13 am
Which was quite literally right in your face. Despite Maelthorn's movement Alden was stuck on him like a limpet. Gliding serenely through the air with his right arm pointed out to guide the scimitar in his left. The thin blade strikes out like a scorpion sting, repeatedly lancing at the other swordsman's face and chest. Despite his formidable use of chi, it would be nearly impossible to catch the first stab or two with the larger blade. The sheer difference in size and speed would make the grade.  

Ikibe

Maelthorn
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:28 pm
((... I just now realised I hadn't mentioned my two other weapons...Well, unless I get your permission, I won't use them, to prevent myself from being cheap.))

Immediately at his landing, he saw his opponent flying directly towards him at a great speed. Completely acting on instinct, he swung the large blade upwards as his enemy had just brought his arm up to stab him, hopefully since he acted first, and his blade was some bit slower than the scimitar, it would intercept it correctly; well, atleast he hoped it would.
Should this be successful, he would use the momentum of the swing to spin his body around clockwise sending a vicious thin stream of energy through the blade of his nodachi, should his opponent try to jump back to avoid the blade, the energy would probably move just as fast, or faster than him, though, he was unaware of this man's potential. And since this was moving diagonally, and it was about as long left and right as his blade, thus making it even more difficult to avoid.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:40 pm
((Do you have AIM or MSNM?))  

Cole Eastcott

Maelthorn
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:29 pm
(( I do, but why should it matter to you? ))

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:44 pm
((Obviously I need to talk to you and don't want to crowd the thread with ooc chatter.))  

Ikibe

The Gaian Coliseum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff