Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:49 pm
User Image

The Sky Festival was over and Yinehi's obnoxiously good spirits had seemingly died away completely. Her efforts seemed wasted, her appearances embarrassing.. and most relevant, her energy spent. As the clan moved back onto its usual migration path, Yinehi spent her days dragging her feet along with them, looking dull and distracted- especially compared tot he enthusiasm she had approached the festival in. She still seemed herself, just less exuberant.

When the clan stopped for the night, Yinehi wandered a bit beyond the group before she finally settled down. It was a quiet evening, back to the usual routine.. it was strange.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

On the contrary, Dohi was pleased that the festival was over. It was always so much work to make sure her father had everything set, that the birds were communicating with everyone correctly, and that any possible arguments were smoothed over quickly. Though the Ela'wadiyi was a peaceful pride as a whole, there were rivalries that existed between certain members.

"Yinehi?" she asked quietly, trying to not startle her sister as she sneaked on after her. "You busy?" Dohi always found time to be with her sister; moreso than with her own parents, but she always felt like she got along best with her light yellow sister.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:16 pm
Yinehi was in the middle of a yawn when her sister came up and she jumped at hearing her name while her eyes were closed and her mind wandering. She blinked a couple times and realized it was Dohi, which brought a smile to her face.

"Nope," she said, "You need a break already? We're barely back on our own yet."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:31 pm
Dohi laughed. "I don't know. You're on a break already, am I not allowed one?" She plopped herself down next to her sister, catching the yawn that Yinehi only half finished.

"Honestly I'm a little exhausted from the last festival. It went by kind of quick, didn't it?" She missed the liveliness of the whole pride together, even if it was overwhelming. So many faces she would only see for a couple days out of the year, beyond random times that the clans might cross paths.

"You've been fairly quiet...you ok?"

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:36 pm
She made a face at her sister, resisting the urge to stick her tongue out, but reverting back to a smile as Dohi settled in beside her.

"This is a different kind of break," Yinehi said in a stern tone, though unable to keep a straight face, "You're the one with a real job and responsibilities and all of that stuff."

Her head tilted at the mention of the festival and she didn't answer right away.

"I'm OK, just tired I guess," she said, "It's a lot of work being that enthusiastic, you know. And nobody even wanted to tell stories with me and I didn't even get past that one adolescent in the sky ceremony.."

Wait- she had meant to list reasons to be exhausted, not reasons she might be disappointed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:44 pm
"A real job that sometimes I wish I could share," Dohi sighed. The bird clan felt like it was always growing, and there was always work for her to be doing. She tried to not shirk her duties too much, but sometimes she just really needed a break. Like right now.

"I'm sorry. I should have come over and at least did one story with you," Dohi sighed. "I know how much you were looking forward to everything. Just...don't let the sky ceremony thing get to you. Maybe we're just....getting old?" Of course, saying that to Yinehi meant that Dohi was saying that about herself....but...! It might have a bit of truth in it?

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:53 pm
Yinehi blinked at Dohi when she dared to suggest they were getting old. She knew they were grown up, that there had been cubs born after them who had grown up, but she had never considered herself old.. and looking at her sister now, she was surprised. Not because Dohi physically looked aged, but because her fur was indeed starting to get crowded with tattoos.

Thoughtfully, she looked down to her own legs. It didn't feel like their story was this close to being done, either of them. How did it happen so fast?

She looked back up at Dohi and wrinkled her nose, "I don't wanna talk to you if you're just going to say stuff like that. Come on." And despite her hesitation, it didn't sound like she was taking Dohi's comment to heart.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:06 pm
The dark lioness snorted, then fell into laughter. She felt herself roll over on the ground, laughter escaping her mouth. The way that Yinehi emphasized her last word just made Dohi lose it.

"Pffft can you imagine what Dad would say if he heard us talking about how old we are? He'd lose it! With his grumbley voice and furrowed brows, he would say how disappointed he is in how serious we take everything, and shouldn't we enjoy ourselves more? All the while he takes everything so serious and is horrible at smiling. I mean, really..." she rolled around a bit more, enjoying the good laugh, even if it meant she was laughing at Yinehi.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:25 pm
With a snort of laughter and a roll of her eyes, Yinehi gave her sister a good shove so that she would roll all the way over. But it only took her a minute to roll over onto her back beside her sister, laughing.

"Be careful, you don't want him to hear you say that either!"

It was tempting to look around to make sure he wasn't coincidentally nearby but it would have been too awkward from the position she had settled in.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:57 pm
"He's probably off fretting about something anyway," Dohi sighed, giving Yinehi a small playful shove as well, content that they could just goof off and enjoy each other's company like this still. Hell, she wouldn't mind doing this regardless of how old she was, this was what family meant to her.

"But seriously, sorry about getting knocked out of the sky ceremony so quickly. I guess none of the Kanati family is very good at sparring, are they?" She sighed. That was something that she hoped they could work on, but they never seemed to do very well, year after year...

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:10 pm
Yinehi smiled as her sister started to calm down, looking up to the sky and watching as the stars started to come out. It was very comfortable, right here with her sister. It made her feel very silly for being so sulky since the end of the festival, she had a lot to be grateful for.

"Well, Tsi-Tsi did almost win, so that's something," she said, "But it's hard to look past my embarrassing defeat, I certainly didn't do the Kanati name any favors. But I tried! I really did."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:53 pm
"I didn't even try, so you definitely tried harder than I did." Dohi sighed, her own eyes looking up to the sky now. Everything seemed to big up there, and small down here when it was just the bird clan all together. She found comfort in it though, like as alu'nadi she couldn't screw up too much.

"Anyway, do you think we could get Tsi-Tsi to do it again next year? Train him, somehow? Could you imagine if he actually won?" Dohi laughed a bit, but it would be rather nice to have someone who was born and raised in the pride to win against all the newcomers. Perhaps it showed that the Ela'wadiyi weren't as strong as they'd like to be...awkward.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:02 pm
"Hmmmm.. we could try to train Tsi-Tsi," she said thoughtfully, "He'd have to see reason, he almost won and he barely did anything around here for the whole year. If we make him put a little bit of effort into it, we just might get a champion."

She grinned and turned to her sister.

Then she sighed and rolled back onto her side, going comfortably limp.

"But not right now," she said, yawning once again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:10 pm
"Fine, fine. We can come up with a plan later. I have a few things I should do before I go to sleep, so I'll leave you be." Dohi rolled over onto her legs, pushing herself up to go back to the pride.

"Don't oversleep, or we'll leave you behind. My orders," she teased as she walked off into the night. Hopefully their father hadn't gone to bed yet, the workaholic.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas