Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] A Budding Interest. [Hera x Sophie]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:28 am
It had been quite some time since Sophie had set foot in the school library and she was pleased to find that not much had changed at all. She greedily breathed in what was definitely in her top three smells - the smell of books (which was probably just the smell of old and dust; musty, but this never occurred to her). The ghoul wasted no more time, instead heading for the appropriate section - herbology and the like - and gathering a rather large pile of books (and she was very greatful for undead strength that meant she only had to make one trip instead of, perhaps, three).

She found a desk close to where she'd collected most of her books from - partly because it was the first desk she saw and partly because it meant she'd have to travel less to return the books to their place - and plopped down, pulling out a notebook and a bunch of pens. She already had quite a few notes laid out; all colour coded and some with various drawings of leaves and roots; flowers and seeds.

Herbology wasn't a new interest for the ghoul; she'd been interested in quite some time but had only plucked up the courage and determination to learn. It was typically a skill honed by the more plant-affiliated creatures of Halloween but she wasn't going to let that damper her spark. Once Sophie had her mind set on something, that was it. She'd not give up for anything.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:12 am
Hera had spent quite a lot of time in the library since arriving at school; between this, cataloging the flora on the school grounds and tending her gardens, her time had been mostly spent with things involving plants, in fact.

She was learning something new every day and being here was far more exciting than she'd expected it to be when her mother had first said she was going off to school. She'd imagined a boring, musty old place which had nothing to suit her interests and no interesting creeple at all - the truth, she'd quickly found, was quite far from that.

Spending most of her time in the herbology section, she'd seen students come and go, but none had seemed particularly invested in the subject.

Which was why she at first gave no thought to the undead ghoul sitting at the desk until she passed by on her way to get a new book and noticed the notes.

Not that she could read them in passing, of course, but there were drawings and no-one drew something they were not interested in, right?

Unconsciously drawing closer to the desk she forgot about her original purpose, instead peeking more closely at the other ghoul's research. "Are you taking notes for a class?"

LOLTERNATIVE

Ephebe

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:24 am
The ghoul had been consumed by the book - a rather interesting topic on poisonous plants and their treatments - and so she hadn't noticed the other girl as she drew closer. When she spoke, Sophie jumped a little, shocked out of her concentration.

"Ah!" She looked over her notes sheepishly, suddenly a little embarrassed. "No, not for class," a hand went to one of her pigtails and she twirled it in her fingers, absentmindedly. "Personal research." She took the time then to actually look at who it was she was talking to. It was obvious - or at least there was enough evidence for her to assume - that the ghoul was of the aforementioned plant variety and she suddenly became rather self-conscious. "Just trying to get the basics, I guess. Might have green thumbs but I'm certainly no expert." Jack why the hell did she say that. She coughed. "I'm Sophie, by the way. I don't think we've met."

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:36 am
She'd drawn close enough to the desk to absently tap her fingers on the surface as she watched the other ghoul for her reply. She made a faint humming noise at the words 'personal research' and blinked languidly as the other ghoul talking about learning the basics.

"I am Hera and no, I don't believe we have." She considered the other ghoul for a moment more before speaking again; "but then I've only recently arrived at school, so it is not such a great wonder." Hesitating, fingers still tapping a small rhythm, she looked from the notes on the desk and back to Sophie, "though I am only an apprentice and no expert myself, should you wish someone to discuss your studies with...?"

She'd have balked at declaring herself less than an expert in anything other than flora, but if there was one thing the druidess took very seriously it was her study of plants and potions-making. In the pursuit of betterment there was to be no ego, her mother had instructed. Be proud of your accomplishments yes, but do not think yourself above learning.

LOLTERNATIVE

Ephebe

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:52 am
It was a good thing Sophie had grown some over the years and had - in some small part - learnt to control her emotions else she may have jumped with joy at the offer of help with her research. She'd have been happy to accept the offer from anyone - but to have help from someone naturally inclined.. It was exciting indeed and a grin spread across her face. If she was vain; if she wasn't so passionate about learning to help and heal others, she might have been bothered at being taught by a first year. But that simply wasn't how Sophie was and she grabbed the ghoul's hand and pulled her into the empty chair next to her.

"Oh, truly? I would LOVE to pick your brain - not literally, of course, haha. Gosh it must be wonderful to be gifted in such a way. I tried to grow poppies once but they withered within three days.. Their seeds make a great sedative, you see, which is perfect if you've gotta stitch someone up and they don't wanna stay still. But I'm sure you already knew that and I'm rambling.." She paused and again the hand went to her pigtail. "I do apologise for being so forward.. If you had somewhere you needed to be.."

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:40 pm
Hera let herself be pulling down to the chair, gracefully taking a seat. Atlas was off in another part of the library - sunbathing in a window last she had seen him, but he was near should she need him, she had no doubt.

The other ghoul's obvious excitement made her crack a smile, unreasonably proud that she'd been able to garner such a reaction. Of course, it was only natural for a Queen, but to find another who shared her passion for flora was always a joy.

At the end of the ramble, she gave a small laugh, before shaking her head; "no, I have nowhere else I need to be. And," her nose wrinkled, "the book I was in the middle of turned out be particularly droll, so no great loss there."

"As for the poppies," she thought for a moment, recalling what she knew about them. "Did you try to grow them indoors? They thrive outside and although you can grow them indoors, it's a bit of a hassle frankly. And you're completely right about the seeds, although I would suggest some caution with the dosage. It can vary greatly depending on the person's size, as well as the potency of the seeds in question, and mistaking the dosage can be quite dangerous."

LOLTERNATIVE

Ephebe

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:39 pm
Sophie listened intently, nodding her head as the ghoul spoke. Ah, so that was where she had gone wrong. She had tried to grow the plants inside and though they had sprouted they hadn't produced a single flower yet. "Of course, of course," she nodded eagerly at the mention of dosage. "I have a formula here somewhere..," she rummaged around her notes. "Oh it must be in my dorm.. It calculates dosage based on weight, race and level of pain - though I've yet to test it myself." Even with the formula, she wasn't sure she would be able to find a willing test subject nor the courage to actually test it and she was much too kind to subject minipets to testing..

"Do you know any plants I could grow in my dorm? There's a window that gets some sunlight in the afternoon.."

Ephebe
i missed this quote forgive me dfgjhsdf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:07 pm
"Ah yes, that sounds rather practical," Hera nodded in approval - one could never be too careful with such things. "I do not know the dosages by heart, but I believe I have some books that mention it; we could perhaps compare notes if you wish it?"

Drumming her fingers on her shell, she thought. "A fair few, yes - I keep a garden of my own in my dorm as well. The natural ability of a druid does make it easier to keep them indoors, but there should be some suited to life inside even without that. Are there any properties you are particularly interested in?"

LOLTERNATIVE
no worries <333333333333

Ephebe

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas