Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]
[PRP] Seeing is Believing? (Kaiholo x Chessa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:24 pm
User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:31 pm
SilverLutz

It had been a very long time since she had experienced a vision. In fact, she had joined this pride for the sole purpose that it stopped her having such visions. It was difficult to explain to any other individual, after all the power of a 'Seer' was mythical, but most simply had dreams or vague flashes... while her's were a lot more vivid. It was a gift she had been given by her mother and she had once suffered from an unhealthy level of bitterness regarding it.

Afterall, who in their right mind would actually want to see visions of death and destruction? It was hardly pleasant, and unfortunately for her, it was the only type of vision she ever had.

It had come as she had wandered through the forest, she had gone in too far and stumbled across the buffalo. Giant, and amassing in large numbers, she had recalled that everyone had been told to keep their distance until the prey beasts had moved on. Unfortunately, she hadn't quite accounted for them being that close to the edge... nor had she expected to encounter a pregnant female. Frankly, it was just her luck...the one thing that triggered her visions.

And there it had been, the flashes of destruction and the looming darkness. She knew better than to assume it was in direct relation to her own pride, only that the pregnant mother was a threat, but she couldn't help but feel ill after the images had faded. Whoever it was, they were in for a rough time...

She had stumbled back shortly after, putting distance between herself and the buffalo. She would stick to the sands for the time being, better to let the forces of destruction leave rather than experience that again...

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:02 pm
Kaiholo was glad he had come to call the Bahari home. He fit well with the seaside pride, even if he wasn't the most talkative or outgoing. Everyone had been very friendly and welcoming to him and the others that had joined after the large whale had beached itself on their lands and he felt as if he had come at a great time. There was no strife, no worries...well, no more than any usual pride might have.

He shook his head to remove the sand from his mane that had fallen on him while digging a new den. There were a few new litters that had been born as well as a few curious Kizi lions that had made their way to their lands, so a few new homes were in order. He had a few more to go but his paws were getting a little tired, so he figured a soothing walk on the beach would help.

It seemed he wasn't the only one with that idea, though. A pale female was coming down the beach towards him. Normally he'd have passed in silence, but something about her gait and her expression made him frown. She looked...exhausted. Upset. What had happened? The thoughts spun through his mind as he quickly gave her a once-over for blood, but it appeared she wasn't physically hurt. As she got a bit closer, he turned his paws down the beach to approach the smaller lion.

"Are you all right?" he asked, his voice quiet and deep, barely heard over the waves washing up on the sand. He left it that that, golden eyes searching the female's face for an unspoken answer to his question.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:56 am
SilverLutz

Was she all right? It was a fairly loaded question for the seer and even after all these years with the Bahari she still had issues opening up. She could have a mild cold and still declare that she was completely fine! Still, Kai had interrupted her stupor enough for her to turn her gaze towards him, more importantly, there was such a hint of concern in his expression that she afforded a rather sheepish and embarrassed smile.

"Ah...um..." she paused. "Yes," she said after a moment of consideration and gave a firm nod. "Just a minor brush with the buffalo," she confessed and refrained from going in to any further detail. He didn't need to know the rest, no one did, lest they misinterpret her visions and panic. She would much prefer for the visions to remain a secret as she had seen nothing to indicate it was their pride.

Let the Bahari be at peace!

"Probably best to avoid them, they don't seem to be the most welcoming of animals at the moment... though I suppose I wouldn't be either if I encountered something that would eat me."

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:14 pm
The word 'buffalo' seemed to set Kai at ease. He knew the large prey beasts were nearby and, while he hadn't seen them for himself, it did make sense that they could have startled the lioness into her rather anxious looking state. They were big and strong and certainly not something you wanted to surprise. One kick could kill a lion, after all.

He gave a little nod of contentment, glad that that was all that was wrong. He knew their neighbors were having some sort of party soon and his first thought had been that it had started and gotten out of hand. He wasn't one for large gatherings of lions, especially ones that had the tendency to get a bit rowdy. At least, that's what he had heard of the Kizi. Perhaps he shouldn't pass judgement until he met one.

"Mm." He hummed his agreement before shifting his weight, turning a bit to let her pass if she wished. He wasn't the best at small talk.

"Well. If they do bother you, I'm in the area working on dens, so you could always all for help."

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:22 am
SilverLutz

The lioness afforded a wry smile at his offer and shook her head. She would be the first to admit that she was not one for heroics and nor would she encourage the activity when she knew that it was highly likely someone would get hurt. Suffice to say that if she was in trouble she wouldn't be calling for help, she would be high tailing it out and yelling for everyone else to do the same. A single buffalo was one thing, a herd was an entirely different matter and no one would get hurt on her behalf.

"As much as I appreciate the offer," she began and tilted her head to the side. "I think it would be in everyone's best interest if the buffalo were left alone," she pointed out. "Trouble or not, I have legs and I can run, there's no time for heroics when you're severely out numbered," she continued and cleared her throat. In fact, the idea of a stampeding herd heading straight towards her home was terrifying and heart breaking, she made a mental note to make sure she ran away from the main areas and towards more open ground.

"And big as you are, you're only one lion," she observed and waved with her paw towards his work. "You must be one of the newer Bumani? I know they were trying to fill the ranks so that we wouldn't want for places to stay..."

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:55 am
The female's words made Kai pause for a moment in his thinking. He had thought she would have thanked him for his offer, but instead she said the exact opposite. Kai didn't have much experience with females but this one...this one seemed quite different from the few that he had spoken with. Curiosity peaked, he listened to her closer as she went on.

Her question made him nod. While he wasn't terribly new to the pride he certainly wasn't a born-in member. "I am. The influx of members and litters have demanded more dens." He glanced back at his work, proud of what he had accomplished since joining. He might not be the fastest worker but his dens were always well-built and sturdy. He was a big believer of quality over quantity.

"I'm Kaiholo," he added as he glanced back to the female, golden eyes resting on pale green as he waited for her name in return.

Epine de Rose
I just remembered about these two! Now that we've got Ram and Hima squared away, did you want to continue? We could wrap this RP up in the next few posts and get them back in the active guild if you were still interested in mates!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:52 am
SilverLutz
<3 Yes! I would love to have Chessa settle down. xD And ty for remembering because I'm spacey as heck.

"Chessa," she replied without missing a beat, it was an automatic response. She'd been asked it more than enough on her travels that she you could have assumed that someone were pushing a button or pulling a string on her back so that she would spout the correct response. Not that it was a bad habit to have, at least she was never impolite! But her responses often came across as disinterested, or at least her tone did anyway.

Returning her attention to the pride he evidently took in his work, she afforded a polite glance towards the row of dens he had been working on. Most were largely incomplete, the 'foundations' in place but nothing further. He must have been the sort to work slowly to ensure that the dens wouldn't cave in at an inappropriate time. That being said, she had the sneaking suspicion that the new leader of the Bumani wouldn't accept half-hearted work as it was!

"We certainly have had a new influx," she mused and then finally offered a smile. "It's refreshing," she continued. "I came here after they had been assaulted by the tsunami, the new burst of life has made quite the difference," she mused. "They even found the island dwelling lions to be fascinating when they finally joined us," she added and motioned to the islands in the distance, only reachable at low tide.

"I quite like it, it's nice."

Epine de Rose

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:01 am
Kai nodded his head in greeting but was otherwise silent as the lioness gave her name. He had never been one for needless chatter and, as she didn't add anything to her statement right away, he didn't feel the need to either. He rarely felt that silences were awkward, and even if he did he never made mention of it or did anything to fix it. He just let it stretch and would leave if the other party didn't speak again. This situation was a bit different as his work was here before them.

Thankfully, Chessa struck up conversation once more. He turned his gaze out to the ocean where the island, once shrouded in mist, now stood apparent and not terribly far from the shore at all.

"I'm a fairly new arrival as well," he rumbled as he moved forward to inspect the walls of the den he was working on. There were a few more places that needed to be shored up before he began to finish it, but it wouldn't take much work. "It's quite nice here, even with the buffalo holed up in the forest there." It was a peaceful pride since he had been here with little conflict and plentiful food and water. He'd even go so far as to call it paradise.

Epine de Rose

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff