Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]
[PRP] Aspirations of the naive (Solenn x Viherminttu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:58 am
AstoriaFallen

They weren't letting her go.

She had tried and tried, even used a number of what she had thought were suitable and valid points... But in the end the result had been the same. She had received a resounding no from her father, and this was further enforced by an exasperated Pridal leader. Suffice it to say that anyone else would have taken such a forceful rejection as the end of the discussion. In theory, there would have been an unwritten agreement that it would never be mentioned again... particularly when her father had come all too close to losing his temper.

Thus she sat on the orders to her home once more, peering out into the great unknown with a quiet hope that she could, at the very least, meet someone interesting as they followed the migratory patterns of the prey beasts. The buffalo were on Bahari land right now, so surely there would be those who would enter with a chance of sampling the beasts? It was a little sliver of hope that she chose to cling to when the outcome looked rather bleak.

Quite frankly, waiting for a chance to meet new creatures on your own border under the watchful gaze of scouts was a rather grim fate indeed.

How come other prides allowed their members to explore? Hell, how come others were allowed to explore but she wasn't? It just wasn't fair!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:39 pm
User Image
For the sake of all that he cared about this was NOT his pride either!

Had he somehow lost his sense of direction in the past couple of weeks? He must have because he had wandered upon several different prides trying to get back to his own. Now he was somewhere else that wasn't his either.

He was hopeless it seemed. How had he not been eaten by someone yet? It was a complete mystery to him.

At least he was having a good time while he was at it though! It could be so much worse so he counted himself very fortunate.

Bright eyes scanned the area as he moved along where ever it was that he was and he knew he stood out against the sand, but there was also foliage and that he seemed to blend in with much better. He wondered if there was anyone around and he moved through these unknown lands as he moved along the boarder trying his best to figure out where it was, he was.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:26 am
AstoriaFallen

Well he looked different, not in a bad way, but he certainly wasn't a lion. She couldn't quite put her paw on it but she was fairly certain that she had someone like he before. Temporarily forgetting her manners, the young female elected to stare at him for longer than was polite, eyes widening as curiosity got the better of her. Technically, he didn't even have a mane, so what exactly was he?

Whatever he was, he didn't seem to be in the best of moods... either that, or something else was amiss. Lost perhaps? He certainly wasn't from around here, his coat wasn't right and he wasn't fluffy enough. Maybe he was even a visitor who simply didn't like the coast, she'd met a few of those too.

"Hellooo!" she chirped and waved a paw in a brief wave. "Have you lost something?" she asked. "I haven't seen anything shiny since I got here so you might be a little out of luck..."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:43 am
Epine de Rose

It wasn't long before he was in the presence of a rather fluffy looking lioness with bright markings. Her staring is what had caught his attention, not that he didn't mind it. He figured there were those that had never met someone like him before so it was a common occurrence for him.

He smiled when she give a very friendly hello and he was instantly relieved she was friendly. He had been very fortunate as of late to have met only kind felines.

"Greetings!" He called out in return and he shook his head in response to her question. He hadn't lost anything, he was the only lost thing around here. "As nice as finding something shiny would be, that isn't what i've lost." He said looking at her as she approached.

She was much larger than Isa had been. This lioness was also built differently. He felt tiny.

"I've actually lost my way."

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:12 am
AstoriaFallen

"I hear asking for directions helps with that..." Solenn pointed out with a cheeky grin and lifted a brow. So she was somewhat right, he was turned around and wasn't entirely sure of where he was... That would probably make anyone grumpy if they were attempting to go anywhere specific. "Some might even say that others can point you to whatever or wherever it is you were supposed to be heading," she continued and sat up, propping her forepaws on her bent haunches.

...She still couldn't put her paw on what he was just yet.

"Whatcha lookin' for?" she asked at last and then shook her head. "Or where, I should say," she amended. "I know some places so I might be able to help... and if I don't, I'm sure I can find someone who does so that you can stop looking so doe eyed," she continued with a tiny giggle. "Right now you're very much like this -" she opened her eyes wide and mimicked his expression.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:03 pm
Epine de Rose

He probably should have seen that coming with the way he had phrased things. "I'm trying to find my pride, they're call the Nil Nocere." He was aware that since they were fairly new there was a chance she hadn't heard of them. "It's located in a rather foggy section of the lands.." He really should pay more attention to where he was going.

At her copy of his expression he couldn't help but laugh. "I couldn't possibly look that ridiculous, right?" He asked her wondering if he happened to look the way she was mimicking.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:56 am
AstoriaFallen

"Oh I don't know, you look pretty close," she pointed out and her expression returned to normalcy. As he spoke however, she squinted her eyes just a touch in thought and considered his words. Did she know of any pride of that name around here? For some reason it didn't ring a bell, so she could only surmise that it probably wasn't close to her. The only 'foggy' place she knew of were the islands out beyond the shore, but they were part of the Bahari and even before then, they hadn't called themselves anything in particular.

"Hm," she tapped her cheek gently and then shook her head. "I don't think they're anywhere near here," she confessed. "I can't say I've ever heard of them and fog isn't all that common for us," she continued. "Most of this part of the land is...beach," she said after some thought and then gave a firm nod. Last she had checked, even the neighbouring prides had run alongside the coast as well and fog was most assuredly a temporary thing.

"South of us are the Kizi, they don't really have mist either and north of us I...don't think they do either," she pursed her lips. "Maybe you're meant to move further in land or something? I could ask around," she offered.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:41 pm
Epine de Rose

He gave a frown at her words and figured he was probably way off course. At least he was in a semi friendly territory at least. She seemed fairly decent at any rate.

"It's alright, I figured it would be a bit of a long shot." He gave her a reassuring smile. He listened as she described the majority of the lands he was currently on and he perked his ears forward a little. "That sounds pretty interesting, I've never been to a beach before." He admitted to her.

When she offered to ask around he nodded his head happily. "Oh, if you wouldn't mind I would appreciate that." He looked around for a moment. "Perhaps I could see more of your land while figure out where I need to go from here?" He asked.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:13 am
If she had a shell for every lion who declared they had never seen the beach before she'd have been rich! She smiled at this and gave a shake of her head, far be it for her to stop him from exploring. He didn't seem terribly dangerous and as a consequence, she didn't think that any of them would stop him from poking and prodding around for something interesting.

"Well then consider this a chance to see it," she said with a chuckle. "You can enjoy some of the food if you can catch it," she added and motioned to the beaten path behind her. By the looks of it, that was where he needed to go, but if he followed his own ears he would probably find it quickly anyway. The closer you got to the shore, the easier it would be to catch the waves as they lapped on the shoreline.

"I'll go and find out what I can about your pride, there's a few new faces here so they probably know something more than I do," she pointed out, somehow managing to hide her jealousy. One day she was going to figure out how to get out and explore, but for now she'd asked around to try and help Viher... At least it would give her something to do.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:05 am
Epine de Rose
Fin! smile

He almost half expected her to say he wouldn't be able to explore but when she said otherwise he could hardly contain his excitement as his gaze followed her directions towards a path. "I probably won't leave the beach so I'll be pretty easy to find." Giving a nod of his head he moved towards the path and then turned to thank her.

"I really appreciate the help." He beamed and then scampered along the path towards the awaiting ocean and unknown beach treasures and treats. He was feeling a little hungry so hopefully his fishing skills were on point.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas