Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] What does the snek say? (AJ/Vashti)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:15 pm
It was a nice afternoon, AJ decided to make some confectionery in his room after taking some spars in the gymnasium. He opened the flour he brought from the confectionery store in the town on the table and search for ingredients in the small fridge he bought with the money he earned from part-time. "What do you think? What we should make for snacks today?" The boil listed out what were available without going out, "Some chocolate bars, several food coloring, flour, gelatin and so on." He tied up his silver hair which was a bit too long and wore the apron, several sweat droplets clung on his forehead due to the exercise. "I need a shower later I guess."

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAINBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!"

AJ chuckled, "Rainbow is not edible -" he paused and a bigger smile cracked. "Alright, let's make some rainbows we can eat!" Decided the recipes, he collected the stuff he needed and work on it. Rainbow marshmallow blocks and rainbow colored sugar spookies would be delightful afternoon snacks. He opened a sliver of the door so that the ventilation would be nicer as he worked.

Since it was the first time he tried tie-dye effect on food, he made a small batch of one pan and tray each. He first melted the gelatin and mixed with the sugar to make the marshmallow mixture, it puzzled the tail head as it didn't see any rainbow but a mass of whiteness. The boil smiled and poured the mixture into several bowls and added in the gel food colorings before he mixed them well. After making sure the color of each bowl was even, he poured half of each into the pan. "Ready for rainbow?" AJ, using a stick, swirled the colors into each other to create a lovely pattern. Then he repeated for another layer on top of it. He then sieved some magic sugar that would shorten the time it solidify into yummy marshmallows. "One down. Let it cool there would be fine."

"Let's make spookies next." For AJ, spookie was a piece of cake but the rainbow spookies required some more handy work. The first part of it was similar to that of marshmallow, divided the dough into multiple bowls and added colorants in. How it differed was in the next step, humming some sort of pop music, AJ took a nickle size from each and rolled into a ball, then he rolled it into a long piece and put it like a spiral onto the tray. He repeated the process until the tray was filled up.

Adjusted the time and temperature of the oven, he went for a quick shower. The scent of the spookies in baking process escaped the oven and wafted through the corridor to any room that allow it to sneak into.

xLythiaren
You can have her approaching or whatever you like biggrin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:26 am
Vashti had been wandering the halls, trying to build a cognitive map of the dorms. She passed a number of other students in common areas along the way, but for the most part she paid them no mind. Peasants, of course. It was so much different from home. No one knew or cared who she was, and she definitely preferred it this way. There was something unnerving when her very existence commanded attention like it did in court. This quiet was... nice. She wasn't exactly getting anywhere unnoticed, but she was expecting that much. It's hard not to notice when someone goes by with a ridiculous spiky tail trailing behind. At least no one was bothering her as she explored, though she did get some odd looks when she poked around alcoves and side hallways. But there was just so much dorm. How many students was this place even built to house, she wondered.

She hadn't realized she'd been at this for a few hours, until a flick of her tongue caught on to a sweet scent and reminded her that she hadn't eaten since she'd started this adventure. At home this wouldn't have happened, an attendant would have come along to fetch her. But alas, this was not home, and the convenience of servants was sadly absent.

Being who knows how far from her own room, she opted to move toward the scent of food. It was foreign on her tongue, and intriguing. She managed to follow it to a closed door before she realized it must be coming from inside this dorm, and clearly not a kitchen. Dammit.

Meegane
SNEK SAYS HELLO

Lythiaren

Feral Cat

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:58 am
The cold water shower was refreshing, still wet and dripping, AJ stepped out of the small bathroom while drying the tail head with a towel. He went straight away to take the tray out the mini oven and let it cool on the table. He'd grabbed a shirt to put on, instead, the noise at his door had drawn his attention and he opened the door topless and some wet dripping silver hair carelessly spread behind and on his chest.

"Do I know you, Miss?" Leaning against his door in a relaxed way, he smiled gently at the ghoul, made out of her long spiky tail behind her in one glimpse. Head extended its part and examined her tail, it wondered if this one can talk.

Lythiaren
Head says: Hello! OWO Do you talk, tail?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:23 am
Vashti had reflexively backed off from the door when it started to open, so she wasn't right in AJ's face, but she was startled enough that a fair portion of her tail had coiled defensively around her feet. If she wanted, she could lift herself up on it to defend herself, but the stranger in the doorway honestly didn't seem threatening. No, he was probably just doing his own thing, whatever it was. He was dripping wet and... not very clothed. Wat. Wasn't that kind of embarrassi-oh what is that is that a second head. A head checking out her tail. Oh dear. D:

But the door was open, and all the lovely baking smells came right out. Yep, this was where the nice smell was coming from, and it was probably edible. And probably packed with sugar and not very good for her. But what the hell was that on the tray behind him? That didn't look like food. What is that, food isn't supposed to be that many colours all at once.

Conclusion: This student is really weird. But makes nice smelling food. Not sure if want?

It took her a moment to decide that the head that was talking to her face was probably the one she wants to talk to. Manners. Right.

"I'm new here. I was... exploring, and I noticed a tasty smell coming from this direction. But what..." she trailed off a little and made a vague gesture at the other head. What even is that.

Meegane
snek tail is mysteriously silent. :v

Lythiaren

Feral Cat

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:51 am
It wasn't weird, the water droplets on him suggested that he was taking a shower before he opened the door. The tail head twitched backward when the white tail it was checking moved, its mouth slightly opened with the startler and pupils contracted. AJ cringed as a drop of water dripped into his eye, he brushed his hair back before he looked at the ghoul. "Oh you're new, no wonder." The grin of the boil became bigger, "I'm baking some spookies and making s'mores, would you like to try some?"

The door was pushed opened completely, and the boil went to grab a shirt to put on, he wasn't embarrassed at all since it was his private space. Shortly, he returned. "Exploring is good, the campus is unbelievably huge. How long have you been to Amityville, er - I dunno your name yet. Sorry about that, let me introduce ourselves, I'm AJ and he's Dwa. We're Amphisbaena, you can say cousin of Ouroboros." Speaking, he grabbed a knife and ran it along the edge of the pan holding the colorful swirly substances. "Does it look like the rainbow you perceive, Bro?" He took a side glance at the tail head. If it was busy in its task to observe if the ghoul's tail could talk, it answered to the call and took a peek at the pan. "Niceeeeeeeeeee~" The fork tongue danced inside its mouth.

"Where did I stop? - Oh yes, simply speaking, a half serpent half dragon speices with two heads." AJ gestured the ghoul to wait for a moment and returned with a plate. He took one spookie and a block of marshmallow respectively to put onto the plate before he offered it to the ghoul. "Would you like to try?"

The tail head stared at the plate and then shifted its attention back to the pan and tray with sweet scent on the table. "How about me?" asked the head, "I want some rainbows too!" The boil chuckled happily and put one of each on another plate for himself before he said, "All yours~" The head twinkled in delights and shoved its big head into the tray first and raised up with crumbs around its mouth. "Great, they taste great."

Like a greedy kid, it fixed its crimson eyes over the visitor's plate and stared intensively.

Lythiaren
Head is so sad QAQ /nudges snek tail

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:31 am
The curious serpent eyed the colourful marshmallow block with skepticism before gently picking it up with her fingertips. It was unexpectedly light, a little squishy, and her tongue smelled that it was full of sugar. The spookie on the plate smelled delightful, despite looking like something usually offered to young children, so she left it there with the intention of eating it later, maybe on her way back to her room. She nibbled the marshmallow cautiously, unsure what to think of the soft, slightly powdery texture of the confection. It was a bit too sweet for her tastes, but perhaps it wasn't made to be eaten by itself.

She noted their names, but wasn't quite paying attention to AJ's description until she caught a familiar name: Ouroboros. She looked up from the swirly treat and narrowed her eyes just slightly, examining him. He certainly didn't carry himself like one of her line -- he seemed so casual -- so he must be one of their many lesser cousins. Still, it wouldn't do to announce her full title to everyone she meets on her first day. "I am Vashti. I am a world serpent, you could say I am an Ouroboros myself." Perhaps it would be best to leave off discussion of lineage there; she found it easier to engage with people without announcing who she was, anyway.

She watched the second head's antics with some amusement. So excitable. He seemed so fascinated with her tail just a moment ago, but he switched gears so easily. Honestly, she would have offered the spookie off her plate if she hadn't just watched him bury his snout into a tray of them. She raised an eyebrow quizzically at AJ. "Is... he always like this?"

Meegane
snek tail: *is pointy!*

Lythiaren

Feral Cat

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:01 am
It was the first time someone squinted at his treats with suspicion, AJ's mouth curved into a smile and quietly observed until she picked one up, put into her mouth and said nothing. Vashti had successfully piqued his interest easily. The monster was still smiling when the pair of watchful yellow eyes stared at him, "Nice to meet'cha Vashti." Hmm, a world serpent.....he heard that from someone's introduction recently......

Her question however, paused the thinking process. "You don't think it's tasty?" The dragon head blinked its red beast eyes at the ghoul innocently, slightly tilted. "After all, Bro's a beast. Its actions were not calculated but pure and genuine." The smile changed into a grin. "I got it. Are you a relative of Ahriman? A prince. I heard from him he was on his way to Amityville."

For the serpent dragon, there was nothing needed to be hidden when he was making a new friend. He went into the kitchen again with his plate, and returned with crackers and a bottle of chocolate sauce. He put his marshmallow between two crackers and dressed with chocolate. "Hmm, a bit too much sugar, what do you think?" AJ turned his head to the world serpent.

Sitting in comfortable pose, he asked, "Where do you live? I live in an oasis city within a giant desert. Do Ouroboros roll around since they have their tails in mouth?"

Lythiaren
Head is covered with small scales, what's pointy? owo?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:00 am
Vashti's eyebrows went up just a little at the mention of the prince. Dammit man, you don't need fanfare everywhere you go. >8(

Nonetheless, the half-serpent and his excitable tail seemed pretty harmless. They were new faces she hadn't seen before, so perhaps they met while Ahriman was investigating in Miasma Village. Maybe they met during that incident with those eggs. With all that in mind, it should be alright to open up... but only a little. Her head tilted just so as they disappeared from the doorway and returned a moment later with what appeared to be more sweets. She looked down at the serpentine head. "Ahriman's my brother, yes. How do you know him by name?"

She looked up again at what AJ had made with his squishy sweet block, and flicked her tongue for a sniff. The crackers smelled much milder than the marshmallow.., following his example she assembled her own messy cold s'more with her partially nibbled block. The tentative bite that followed was much more enjoyable than the block by itself, maybe it was the chocolate sauce that helped. Bitterness cut out some of the sweet, and the stickiness combined with the crunchy graham certainly helped with the dusty texture. "This one's much better than just the block, what are these?"

Meegane
What? Snek tail is hella pointy. :V

Lythiaren

Feral Cat

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:44 am
AJ noticed the ghoul didn't talk much, like Maple, but she definitely wasn't as shy as the witch. He didn't think deeply about it, her attitude didn't irritate or was a problem for him. "What a coincidence. We met at the Miasma Village, both asked to deliver an egg from the summit. We talked a bit, and he introduced himself and through the conversation, I learned he was heading to Amityville." He smiled, "I knew something I shouldn't know?" He believed he could keep a secret.

His mouth pulled up for a quick vanished smile when she asked another question instead of answering his. He guessed royal members had that sort of habit, if Ahriman was a prince and she was his sister, that meant she was a princess. He didn't plan to intentionally lower himself for the royal blood. In Amityville, they were just students.

Thus, he grinned brightly. "S'mores. You haven't tried it, it's quite a popular treat. You put melted marshmallow and chocolate between two crackers. I'm lucky to have the ingredients I need." The head took the s'more the boil took a bite, swallowed it and made a comment. "CRUNCHY~I LOVE IT~" AJ knocked the headwith the back of the tail head, he reprimanded gently, "Naughty. You haven't asked for my permission."

He turned back to Vashti, "I've answered your question, it would be nice if you reply to mine as well."

Lythiaren
Head: it's more itchy than pointy OWO ~♪

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:36 am
Vashti frowned at the sticky marshmallow sandwich in her hand. It wasn't exactly melted, and it hadn't occurred to her to ask about it. Come to think of it, it would probably be more enjoyable to eat if it was melted. She'd been bothered by the texture (and the ridiculous colouring) of the marshmallow this whole time. She continued to nibble her snack nonetheless as she watched the two squabbling. Was one head more the dominant one then, since they shared a body? For a moment she felt bad for the tail head, made to follow his brother around whether he wanted to or not. So when he addressed her again, the slightest tremor passed through the floor, barely noticeable and easily passed off as possibly someone stomping around in a nearby dorm or down the hall.

But the nerve of these questions! Back home no one would even consider interrogating the princess with such queries. How curious that there could be such contrast between royalty and these strange distant cousins. "My brother may be open with his titles, but I prefer to meet without mine attached at first. I find people behave... differently, when a crown is involved. As for where we live, is it not obvious? The palace, of course. Up in the mountains beyond Miasma Village."

She honestly didn't think the rolling question was serious. She really didn't want to dignify such a suggestion with an answer.

Meegane
She spears things with it though. :V

Lythiaren

Feral Cat

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:19 am
The tail head didn't upset at all, the rapid movements of its mouth suggested how enjoyable it was for the tiny snack. For Amphisbaena, the second head was always inferior and an auxiliary. Most creeple in the clan regarded them as a tool, a helper or simply a servant. The winged serpent dragons would commonly put a leash on their tail heads and most heads didn't speak, they were like wild beasts.

Having an open mind and thanks to the fact that the wingless minority oddly got tail heads with higher intelligence, AJ treated his tail head like his sibling and that was the reason for its nickname.

From her attitude and the flat intonation of a low temperature voice, he could tell she was the difficult type to deal with. "So not a secret, good. Whether you're from imperial court doesn't make a difference for me. I won't act differently because you have a princess title. In Amityville, you're just Vashti, a ghoul I'm talking to." He shrugged casually. "Anyway, if you prefer not having your title exposed, I would respect that and zip my mouth up. Haha, your brother seems to enjoy it so much, and considered how close your appearances are.....you'd better remind him on that because it wasn't hard to guess you're related."

Taking the chance the boil paused to grab a colorful spookie, the head interfered. "Of course prince and princess live in palace, kira~kira~, shiny palace." It was hard to miss the sparkles in its big eyes. As if he thought of something, he chuckled with his mouth closed. "Excuse me." Subsided his convulsion, "You said you're from somewhere near Miasma Village...then Ahriman took the bus to Amityville but ended up returned to the village, how unfortunate that was. I see how he was frustrated when I first met him."

If Vashti knew he wasn't joking at all, what the serpent princess would react. Nevertheless the relative relationship, the two species lived in different places. He only learned about Ouroboros from school and the books in library, but both didn't use sufficient pages to talk about it. Only the lovely illustration left an impression.

Lythiaren
Dwa the head has some thick scales, unless you poke through the tiny gaps in between owo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:04 am
Her flat handling of the subject was a defense mechanism. Far too often, courtiers would use discussion of titles to lead into more insidious topics that made her uncomfortable. Like succession and suitors. And they always assumed she was as ambitious as Ahriman, like she aspired to be the empress one day, and they couldn't be more wrong.

Nggggh. With luck, she'd get to be Shahzada forever.

So instead, she sighed and gave a noncommittal shrug. "My brother will do as he wants. He doesn't need to take orders from anyone but Father, especially not me. If I tell him not to, he'll do it more. But for now, not everyone has met him yet, and to them I will simply be myself, until they do. I stand to learn much about people by how they treat me after that. I don't often have that opportunity at home."

She didn't miss the flash of disappointment in his eye as she crunched away at her s'more without answering that one other question. Was it actually a serious question? Nothing was stopping him from asking it again, of course. But she wasn't so sure he'd like how she typically responded to the subject of tail-eating as in old myths about Ouroboros as a category.

Meegane
Well, she doesn't generally spear people with it....

Lythiaren

Feral Cat

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:18 am
AJ wondered if he was some horrible creature that one needed to watch out, the ghoul continued to keep a distance from him. He had to admit that he was a bit clueless of what he might do wrongly, all the knowledge about the opposite sex was told by his Shishou after all. Notwithstanding, he won't give up trying. "You're right, but I'm not asking you to order him." He shrugged. "I don't know, do siblings normally get long like that?" He and his sister probably wasn't a good comparison, AJ felt a sensation of hatred rose slowly when he thought about her.

Tbe boil gently scratched his head, "You're not in your country, I wonder how many would change attitudes because you're regel. For example, in my homeland, creeple would discriminate me because I don't have wings but creeple here don't. Thus I don't think you should bother by your identity. Have you met anyone since you're here?" asked AJ. "Besides me."

Lythiaren
SO it can nudge and snug it biggrin

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces