User Image
Juosta was loving life. She had been staying in the pack she had found up the side of a mountain. It was a wonderful pack full of life. She had even found some members of her old pack living here happily. She made her way through the pack. She had just had a great conversation with Basha. A female a little older than her who had just had her first litter of pups. Juosta couldn’t believe it Basha was only about a year older than her and not only had she had a litter of pups but she was raising them on her own. Apparently some rouge had come into the pride and gotten rather friendly with Basha then left her. Basha didn’t seem butter though quite the opposite she was happy and was a great mother to the four little ones that called her mommy. Juosta was still smiling about the cute little family as she made her way to the stream that came down from the top of the mountain. It was a wonderfully cold stream, the best drinking water Juosta had ever tasted in her life.

Koha was looking for the female he had met just a few days ago. He hadn’t stopped thinking about her since he had met her. He had given her the tour of the pack, all the important things. He had found himself sad when the tour had drawn to a close and he didn’t have an excuse to be around her anymore. He smiled at the fact that he was clearly a romantic just like his dad. Koha had never thought of himself as a romantic but he guessed really it was just he hadn’t met the right girl yet.

He began to run the locations in the pack that he had shown Koha, trying to figure out which of them she would be at. Having checked by the dens, and by the border where he had first found her Koha turned to head towards the stream. When he had shown Juosta the stream she had giggled almost like a small girl. It had filled Koha with joy to hear such a noise come from her.

Juosta had lowered herself into the stream, it was cold but on a hot day like today it was refreshing. She wiggled her toes about feeling the water move all through her fur. She was sad that it hadn’t rained much less. Juosta’s favourite activity was puddle jumping. Her second favourite was swimming. There was just a simple pleasure that came from creating splashes in the water that collected from the rain. It was like a challenge for her to see how big of a splash she could make even in the smallest of puddles.

Koha came through the tree line and was happy to see Juosta swimming in the stream. His grin grew as he made his way towards the water’s edge. “You know you could catch your death in there it’s so cold.” he told her using the same wording that his mother always had. It shocked him for a minute, it was the first time he realized that he was a grown up. Not only had he found out he was a romantic like his dad, but he was saying this his mother had said, he shook his head a little. He was far too young to be just like his parents.

Juosta looked up and smiled at Koha as he told her that she was going to catch her death. “Oh its not that cold once you get use to it.” she chided him. “Besides I love the water, hot or cold doesn’t matter to me. I am a swimmer at heart, someone told me once that I must have been a fish in a past life.” she giggled a little happy as could be in the water. “Why don’t you come in and join me?” she asked him.

User Image
Koha considered the offer. “I don’t think I can. You see I am greatly against cold water, it’s only for drinking not for swimming. If you were in a hot spring then I would be there in a heart beat. I am just as happy to lay her on the shore and talk to you while you swim.” he told as he lowered himself to the ground toes dangling just above the water.

“Suit yourself.” She said as she swam little laps in the stream. “I guess next time I will just have to find us a hot spring to swim in.” she said. She was a little surprised to hear herself flirting with the male. Up until now she had never paid males much attention. She was much happier just living, making friends and jumping in the occasional puddle.. who was she kidding, she jumped in every puddle she ever saw.

“Okay I’ve had enough.” she said swimming to the edge and pulling herself up onto the shore. With a mischievous grin she took a couple of steps closer to Koha and gave herself a great big shake, sending all the water in coat flying everywhere including all over Koha. She giggled a little.

“Woah! Hey! No!” Koha shouted as he lept up and moved away. It was too late however he was thoroughly soaked. He sighed a big sigh as if he was actually angry, but he couldn’t help the big smile that spread across his lips. He gave himself a bit of a shake. “That wasn’t very nice you know.” he told her moving towards her. He had a sudden urge to kiss her but he pushed it down he didn’t know her well enough yet.

“No I suppose it wasn’t” she told him in a quiet voice. She tried to keep a straight face but it was a challenge because it was all just too much fun for her. “Come on I will catch you some dinner to make up for it.” she offered batting her eyes. She wasn’t the best hunter but she felt confident that she could at least catch something for the two of them to share.

“You got yourself a deal.” he told her happy that he had an excuse to spend more time with her. “Lead the way.”