Submit

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:02 pm
Hello, friends! Having a good Sunday? Maybe an okay Sunday? A whatever Sunday? Mine's been good, but I went out to dinner with my parents at a sports bar that just opened recently in our town. Which brings up to this...

This week's topic is... Crab Legs! cat_biggrin

The last time I've had crab legs as a meal was during my visit in Georgia. I went with the relatives to this bar-and-grill restaurant that's got hunting trophies on the walls and country music playing in the background. They have crab legs as appetizers, so I ordered that as my meal (along with their thin fries, which has a lot of seasoning on it for flavor).
Poor ol' me... I didn't think that one through because it took me a long time to break apart the shell and eat as much of the meat as possible. Worse yet, I was unaware of the fact that one of my aunts works from home, so she had to leave while I was still eating! I was so upset about that and the fact that the crab legs soon got cold that I didn't finish the rest of it. cat_sad

Now... I was at the new sports bar with the parents when I ordered their crab legs. It took quite some time for our food orders to be ready, but Mom and Dad were trying out some of their beers while I was just sipping on my lemonade (which pretty much tastes like fountain drink lemonade, which isn't good). Then a server brought in a bucket, complete with napkins and the tools that every crab leg eater should need. Some more time later, our food arrived and I was already ready to dig in!
... Unfortunately, I still didn't think that one through. I had thought that I'd go through them quickly again and then chow down on the side orders (my fruit salad and loaded potato). It took me so long to break the shell and eat all of the meat I could dig out of there that I didn't pay much attention to Mom and Dad's chat about their beer mix-up (which is something that every bartender should know how to avoid). The legs went cold half-way though, but by the time I was almost done, the check was already on the table. I managed to eat all the crab meat and gobbled up my fruit salad before we decided that we're done. And so, we took the loaded potato home.

I don't know if I could ever thoroughly think about eating crab legs again, but I learned that Tuesday night is all-you-can-eat crab legs night. Oh, man... I doubt that I'll be able to eat very many crab legs without them getting cold. cat_xp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:55 pm
I had a good Sunday. Since my Dad was outside doing work and she couldn't do anything to help at the time, my Mom decided to continue watching ONCE; she finally finished season 1 and is a episode or two into season 2. For me, who is completely caught up on the show, it's definitely interesting re-watching the earlier episodes and picking on little foreshadowing aspects here and there that I didn't notice beforehand... or Mom making comments about stuff and me having to be careful not to spoil anything for her, lol.

I had a box office shift in the evening at the theater, but because it was so slow, my managers decided to let me clock off earlier than scheduled. It ended up working out though because I was able to drive to another one of our theaters to watch Mr. Holmes ((our theater unfortunately didn't get that particular one)). Absolutely loved it! Though it makes me want to read the book that the film is based on. ((Always seems to be a problem now for me - finish one book from my "to read list", add 5+ more to the list; my list seems to keep growing rather than shrink like I intended... but it's good on the other hand - makes me expand my literary horizons in some cases.))

I love crab! Well, seafood in general. Very yummy... but yes, certain seafood takes a bit more effort to get something to eat depending on how they're served. Once you get the hang of how to crack open the shells though, it's pretty easy to get through them fairly fast without having them going cold on you.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

yeet-chan

Big Duck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:30 pm
I went to Joe's Crab Shack for the first time last month with my girlfriend and her mom. It was my first time having crab in a bucket, too. Before that point, I had just eaten crab cakes and stuff like that.
My girlfriend taught me how to break open the crab legs, and it was pretty easy after I got the hang of it... but mostly messy. The taste of crab and butter was worth it, though. emotion_omnomnom
Also, a tip to anyone who has yet to eat crab for their first time: don't try breaking open the smaller, skinnier legs first (or at all), because they can be sharper and harder to handle. It's not as fun as taking the duller legs and cracking them open.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games