-Dead Witch Walking (Hollows Book 1) by Kim Harrison
-The Heir (book 4 of The Selection) by Kiera Cass
-The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
-Dangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
-Cinder by Marissa Meyer
-Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
-It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:25 pm
I got a few books today myself as well. xd Someone had a table full of free non-fiction books that I saw on my way to work (and stopped at when I came home); I picked out the three that interested me:

- Mary Queen of Scots by Antonia Fraser
- Catherine The Great: Life and Legend by John T. Alexander
- Leap of Faith by Queen Noor

Looks like you've got a nice collection of books yourself. A few of those I've been interested in reading... or in the case of Meyer's Cinder, it was a selection for one of the book clubs I'm part of ((they read it before I discovered the club)).  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:26 pm
I got the digital downloads of the books since I read on my Kindle .I lucked out because Cinder was only $2.99  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:03 pm
Mama Ame
I got the digital downloads of the books since I read on my Kindle .I lucked out because Cinder was only $2.99

Nice.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:47 pm
Books are a wondrous thing!
Just yesterday I picked up The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd and The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins from Barnes & Noble. I've never been a fast reader, but I'm already halfway through The Invention of Wings and I just cracked it open this afternoon, hehe. sweatdrop

Then again, I basically devoured Harper Lee's Go Set a Watchman as soon as I got it last week on the release day. I felt the tragic absence after having finished a good book too soon and sought solace in distracting myself with these new titles. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:23 pm
Hiddochi wolf
Books are a wondrous thing!
Just yesterday I picked up The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd and The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins from Barnes & Noble. I've never been a fast reader, but I'm already halfway through The Invention of Wings and I just cracked it open this afternoon, hehe. sweatdrop

Then again, I basically devoured Harper Lee's Go Set a Watchman as soon as I got it last week on the release day. I felt the tragic absence after having finished a good book too soon and sought solace in distracting myself with these new titles. xd

There are just some books that are fast reads based on their length, size of text, and the particular flow of the storyline. I usually can speculate how long it'll take me to read something when I take into consideration all of those aspects. Plus it helps on much the storyline captures your interest; if it's a "page turner," then you'll get much further through it than something that feels like a chore.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:31 pm
It's usually not the length of the book that determines how fast I read. Like Moonie said it's the flow and all that Also how invested I am in the story.

Currently I'm usually able to read about 45 minutes to an hour daily. So it's taking me a while to get through any books. I guess it's good though because Daniel will most likely give me another $50 once these books are finished.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:04 am
It's always so exciting to get a new stack of books. I love the feeling it brings. All of those unread words... whee

I bought The Age of Speed by Vince Poscente somewhat recently from a neat thrift shop. So it was super affordable for me. Being able to afford books always makes me feel nice.
Aside from that, I've been reading Candide by Voltaire ever so slowly. I basically read at a snail's pace, unless it's a college textbook.

I hope you enjoy your books!  

yeet-chan

Big Duck

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:07 pm
Mama Ame
It's usually not the length of the book that determines how fast I read. Like Moonie said it's the flow and all that Also how invested I am in the story.

Currently I'm usually able to read about 45 minutes to an hour daily. So it's taking me a while to get through any books. I guess it's good though because Daniel will most likely give me another $50 once these books are finished.

I usually read an hour at night before I officially settle in to sleep... and then maybe an hour or so in the afternoon, if I don't have a work shift that interferes with such time frame. So, I'm probably taking longer to read certain books as a result than I used to before I started working.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games