Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

Quote:

As his mistress lay sleeping within her den, Fyffe motioned to Amenophis and allowed the other thrall to watch her alone. The two had tried to take shifts, so as not to wear themselves out, but it was harder now that she was on her own. The mistress could be very demanding when she wanted to be.

Fyffe stole away to a little nitch near the cliffs where he thought no one would be able to notice him. As of late he hadn't been able to get out as much as he had before, and the ruts he had cut with his paws were beginning to glaze over with grass. I'll take care of that. Smiling, Fyffe dipped his shoulders and turned, beginning his dance.

Quote:

She was enjoying some free time to herself. Therese roamed around the familiar territories of the pride. Her steps had a fun swagger as she bounced along. The thrall was looking for something fun to amuse her. She wanted to stretch her legs.

A good climb sounded exactly what she was looking for. The female headed over to a set of cliffs. Therese peered over. Was something going on down there? Curious now she headed down. Her claws out and scraping as she slid a bit haphazardly down the cliff face.

Quote:

Moving in tune to his own rhythm was something the lion rarely did these days. He leapt into the air, landing with practiced ease on the slick terrain. Fyffe spun, using his tail as a sort of ribbon to guide him. In his mind's eye he could see the drums of his grandmother and her people beating for him. There would have been singing, more dancers...and less Reavers. The tan lion took a deep breath to steady himself before continuing. Even if he was trapped her, who said it had to be dull? He was almost ready to dip into another spin when he heard noise of to his right. Fyffe stalled, torn between running and freezing, before finally calling out, "Who goes there?"

Quote:

Therese finished sliding down the side and got her feet steadied under her. The white female shook dust from her coat before strolling around a corner. “Hey. What were you doing?” Her eyes were curious as she looked him up and down. She hadn’t seen anything really like it since she’d been born. It had really been too far for her to really see what he’d been doing, but it looked interesting. “I’m Therese,” she offered him in return for sneaking up on him.

Quote:

"Nothing, I wasn't doing anything," Fyffe commented like a child trying to hide something from a parent. If his mistress caught him! He had already been chastised once for his dancing and he wouldn't have it again! But...he also didn't want to be ashamed of something so close to him. Finally, Fyffe sighed and turned his head, "I was dancing. I haven't done it in a while and I just...I just wanted to make sure I still could." Turning back to the female, he smiled a little. "I'm Fyffe."

Quote:

Her ears twitched with good humor as he denied doing anything. Therese waited him out and settled down to sit as he sighed. She smiled in a friendly way hoping to ease any unease he might hold about her finding him. “Dancing. Is that what you call those movements? It was interesting. Where did you learn?” She tried to remember if she’d seen anything like that among the stormborn, and couldn’t. It was definitely new and interesting. She wasn’t sure if the clumsy moves she’d seen the drunken reavers do counted in the same category.

Quote:

While she seemed friendly enough, Fyffe kept a watchful eye on her. It wasn't in his nature to be suspicious, but who could blame him! It had been a pretty face that had landed him here, after all. "My mother taught me how to do it. Actually, my entire birth pride used to dance. We could make large drums and pound out a beat while some of the others sang. It was..." He took a deep breath and sighed, though on a wistful smile. It didn't upset him to think about home anymore or what he had lost. Rather he could look on those memories fondly, even if he did want out of this place.

"I can show you a few moves...if you think you can keep up."

Quote:
Therese nodded and smiled when she heard it was his mother. “Oh really? I’m sure that was truly something to behold.” It was only something she could imagine, but her imagination painted a pretty picture. She flicked her tail in sympathy for him. The lioness suspected he missed his home based off the sigh. Being born a thrall she didn’t know much of another life or any other prides.

“If you don’t mind I think I would like that. I can keep up.” She regarded him coolly for the slight. Surely her duties as a thrall to her master couldn’t be less strenuous than whatever he was going to show her. Did he think less of her for the rank she was born into?

Quote:
Fyffe made a mental note not to joke around this lioness again. He wasn't sure what had earned him the shift in mood, but whatever he had done wasn't productive, so he put it out of his mind.

"Alright, do as I do. If you need me to repeat a step just tell me." Fyffe started with a simple paw kick that shifted into a hop to his other paw. He alternated which side he was on, kicking out with the other paw as if it were a foot in a tap dance routine. Then he crossed his hind legs and spun around, ready to perform for the opposing invisible audience. It was a nice move his mother had shown him for larger performances, though now it just brought him face to face with the water.

Quote:
She paid close attention as he started his instructions. If she could help it she didn’t want him to have to repeat anything. “Ok.” Therese was baffled by the odd movements. This was dancing as his old home did it? She admitted the sudden spin was impressive. Determined not to ask for help before she gave it a try for herself she moved a few paces away.

Therese kicked out with a leg, but too quickly tried to hop. Her legs went separate ways out from under her. Despite feeling ridiculous she pulled herself up to give it another try.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:20 pm
Fyffe wanted to laugh; he really did. He snickered, and tried to hide it behind a paw. This lioness seemed pretty serious about getting it right, so he kept moving throughout the dance without giving into the mockery that ran rampant in his head.

Turning his head, he dipped into another spin, though this one was a few degrees easier than the previous one. He didn't want to break her during their first lesson, after all!

It was at that time that he saw the sun in the sky. It had dipped down a little too much for his liking. "Woah, woah - stop!" Fyffe slid to a halt. "I'm sorry, but I have to call it quits for today. If my mistress wakes and I'm not there...." He shook his head. "If you want me to teach you some more, we can try meeting up tomorrow?"

magnadearel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:23 pm
Painted Moose
Fin! Thanks!

She kept at it despite the amusement she could sense from her teacher. He was doing a good job hiding it for her sake. Therese couldn't blame him. She followed him through a dip, but thought she went down too far and left her rear high in the air. It'd give any lion pause to laugh. Just as she felt that her body was starting to cooperate, he suddenly called a stop. She paused, puffing a little. This was harder than it looked.

"Oh. That's quite alright. Masters come first. I will keep practicing and I'd love to meet you here again for another lesson if you don't mind." She perked her ears up. "That sounds good. I'll be here. Thank you Fyffe." Once she finished her chores tomorrow she could come wait for him. With a flick of her tail in farewell, the lioness turned to leave.  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games