[PRP] Gossip (Tyr x Nipsting)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:31 am
User Image

Tyr was in a mood, which honestly wasn't uncommon for him. The male was tired of being the odd man out in the litter. Thank god they were getting older now though and didn't spend quite as much time amongst each other. Tyr was tired of being the only one without a twin or triplet. Even his older half siblings looked nothing like him, they were dark and purple just like his litter mates. Tyr of course knew where his colouring came from, Grandpa. That didn't make sticking out like a store thumb when with his siblings and he were together.

Tyr made his way towards the cliffs, he liked to go and see the ocean form time to time, it helped him to remember that the world was a lot bigger than his little problems. Maybe one day Tyr would make it out there and see the whole world and hopefully bring back great things for the pride.

Princess_Feylin
Sorry it took me so long

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:00 am
User Imagen** was in dire need of some gossip. Her family were busy and she was simply dying of boredom. She languished in her boredom as only a teenager can, simultaneously proud of how bored she was, and yet obviously suffering the greatest possible mental anguish. Kicking pebbles off the cliffs had long since ceased to hold any amusement for her, but there wasn't anything better for her to do.

"How can there be so many gods-damned boring people in a pride this big?" she moaned, indifferent to whether anyone heard her. Her attention was focused on the ground, in search of her next cliff-diving pebble.

She was so lost in the depths of her mind-numbing boredom that she almost failed to notice the dark-maned lion making his way toward the cliffs. Almost, but not quite. Upon seeing him, she immediately abandoned her pebble hunting and practically bounded up to greet him. The fact that she could not recall any interesting details about this lion was unimportant. She would find some out soon, and then life would be good again.

nessiaing
Nothing to worry about. I do that all the time.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:30 pm
Princess_Feylin

Tyr had been so wrapped up in his own self deprecating thoughts that he hadn''t seen the pale lioness by the edge of the cliff. However she was hard to miss when she came bounding towards him with more energy than Tyr possessed in his entire body. He frowned what could this female possibly want from him.

"Can I help you?" he asked a frown on his face. He wasn't use to being approached by someone, particularly someone outside of the family. He braced himself it wasn't as if those in the pride were known for their friendliness he could only assume that they weren't coming to him for a hug... not that he would give her one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:47 pm
"I certainly hope so," she answered the frowning lion with a wide grin that warned she was up for fun, even if it had to come at someone else's expense.

"I don't think I've seen you around lately." Or at all, but why get bogged down in trivial details like that? In an instant she decided she was going to bluff her way through this as if they two of them were already acquainted. Names notwithstanding.

"I was just wondering how things were going with you and your family. I'd hoped they were getting better."

Okay, so that last bit was a stab in the dark, but he looked scowly, and at their age scowls tended to be because someone was thwarted in love or their family was being a pain. She decided to gamble that his family was the problem. If she was wrong, well, then she would be wrong and he would tell her and she would learn something new.

nessiaing

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:45 am
Princess_Feylin

Tyr frowned at the females words. He studied her face trying to figure out if he had ever met her before... and if so who the heck she was. It wasn't as if Tyr had really ade all that many friends, how was it possible she knew him and he was simply forgetting.

"Do I know you?" Try finally asked not bothering with any sort of niceties. "I don't even know your name... do you know mine?" He glanced at her his eyes full of suspicion. What was she trying to find out... who was she.. Tyr wasn't normally the paranoid sort but this female had struck a nerve with him, which was a shame as she was rather easy one the eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:58 am
n** narrowed her eyes at the tawny lion, weighing her options now that he had frankly admitted to not recognizing her. The three main ones were that she could admit she didn't know him either, she could pretend she'd mistaken him for someone else, or she could keep on acting as if they ought to know one another. She decided on the second option, which was sort of like the first, but would require less awkward explanation. Anyone could mistake someone for someone else. It was a little weird to pretend to know someone you definitely don't know though.

"Stormlords. You're not Midas at all. The paw's not there. Should've known. So sorry about that."

Not that Midas and this other lion really looked much alike. Midas was older, for one thing, and a lot darker, and related to the warlord before the current one who hadn't done anything interesting since losing his position. Njal. But at least Midas was sort of brown. And perhaps her new acquaintance would ask her what was wrong with Midas's family. She'd enjoy telling him about that.

"But I'm Nipsting," she continued, forging ahead without really pausing to give him time to consider that he didn't look anything like the lion she'd claimed to have mistaken him for. "So now you know me."

nessiaing

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:08 am
Princess_Feylin

Tyr's eyes lifted, his scepticism of the female leaving now that she had provided a valid reason for her pretending like she knew him. Now that he wasn't so concerned that she was trying to trick him he was actually able to enjoy her good looks.

"Well Nipsting, I am Tyr." he said as he settled his posture relaxing. He thought about what she had said he found it entertaining that he could look like some stranger in the pride, but yet looked nothing like his very own siblings. His interest peaked though as he thought back about her original question, she had wanted to know how things were going with his family, when he was still Midas. He decided he wanted to know more about Midas, he wasn't normally a gossip but he found himself wondering. "What is wrong with Midas' family?" he asked, it wasn't exactly subtle but he wasn't one to beat around the bush.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:22 am
"Good to meet you, Tyr. You can call me n**. People do." And it was clear she didn't mind that they did. n** liked her name. In the language spoken outside of the pride, the words "n**" and "sting" meant two things she didn't mind being associated with, and in Old Myrsky it meant "trinket," which was sort of a nice thing to be named.

"Well..." n** hoped Tyr couldn't actually see her eyes light up at the chance to spread some gossip about Midas. That hadn't originally been her intent, but she was actually kind of peeved with Midas right now, and inclined to do him a bad turn.

"Really it's sort of complicated, because of the way Midas's father got another litter on one of Aesir's b*****d grandcubs, but that litter basically grew up in the forest away from the pride, so no one knew they were there, right? And the mother is simple. Like, 'cub dropped off a cliff'-simple. But pretty, I guess." She could feel herself getting off-topic, but so far everything she'd said was basically true, and it was kind of necessary backstory.

"But the main thing is that no one knew about that litter, and the father never claimed it. He only acknowledged Midas and his siblings. So a long time later, Midas meets one of the girls from his father's other litter, neither knows that they share a father, and they just fell in love. Which would be terribly romantic if it wasn't so horribly tragic, right?"

She looked to Tyr for confirmation of her story's tragedy and romance. "So I guess you could say what's wrong with his family is that they're related to him, and it would be more convenient if they weren't, y'know?"

nessiaing

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:47 am
Princess_Feylin

Tyr listened a mystified expression on his face. He was surprised that he got a small thrill from the female telling him of someone else's trials and tribulations. The male was pleased that he wasn't the only one who had troubles.

"Well that does sound like a rather messy situation." he said finally. He couldn't imagine falling in love with someone only to find out that they were related, although he couldn't really picture himself falling in love with anyone if he was going to be honest.

"Well if I am to be frank I am glad that I am not Midas. I don't have anything quite that sinister happening in my life." he said with a playful grin.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:13 am
"Few do," n** allowed. "It's the sort of thing sagas are told about, except there'd have to be some more death, and maybe a cursed child of a cursed union or something to live a cursed life."

She shrugged, dismissing Midas's supposed romantic difficulties lightly. After all, she'd made up that whole bit about him and his half-sister being in love. As far as she knew, the two were just close friends, and any love between them was purely familial, but if Tyr believed even a little bit of the story, she would consider herself vindicated.

"What sort of less-sinister things are going on with you?" she asked. No need to feign interest there. Without knowing more about him than his name, n** was interested in anything Tyr might have to say about himself. Or other people. She really was a consummate gossip, just like her parents, although she'd've challenged anyone who said so.

nessiaing

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:59 am
Princess_Feylin

"Oh well my family isn't really anything special. Just my momma, my siblings and I." Tyr didn't even really spend all that much time with his father, though his father and even paternal grandparents were hear in the pride. Tyr tended to keep to himself though.

"I suppose the most interesting thing about myself would be that I look nothing like my siblings." Tyr said making light of a situation that actually drove him crazy. "I am one of six cubs, there is a set of triplets, a set of twin..... then there is me. To add to the fact I am different all my siblings are blue's and grey not a one of them have a speck of yellow like mine. I swear if I hadn't met my grandfather I would think someone played a prank on my poor mother and put me in her den when she was sleeping." He gave a little chuckle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:36 am
"Are you sure that's not what happened?" n** asked, somewhere between sounding serious and sounding like she was joking.

"My father told me that for a while there used to be a belief that there were ghosts beyond the river that took the cubs parents found too sickly or weak to keep, and replaced them with stronger ones, often in bright colors. They called the replacement cubs 'ghostborn.'"

That actually was something that had once been rumored in the pride, although it was definitely before n**'s time. She spared a moment to wonder if she could bring the belief back, maybe by talking to a few of the lions who were supposed to be ghostborn. But that would be too much effort. For now she was content just to tell the tale to someone who may not have heard it before.

"I guess since we don't really leave cubs anymore, or sacrifice to the gods and spirits, they're not really in the business of trading cubs though. Unless your family practices the old ways?" She added that last question hopefully.

nessiaing

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:04 am
Princess_Feylin

"Sorry to burst your bubble." Tyr said with a chuckle, "But the story behind my colouring is far less interesting, I am a spitting image of my paternal grandfather. He too is here in the pride." Tyr said with a nod. Had he not met the male lion himself he would never have believed he was a member of the family.

"Though I must say your version of what could have been is much more interesting. Perhaps it is what I will tell people happened from know on." he said a twinkle in his eyes.

He looked up to the sky more time had passed than he had thought. "I should get going... though I do hope our paths cross again soon. Know that we know each other." he said with a nod.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:50 pm
"Ah well."

n**'s eyes definitely gleamed at the thought of Tyr spreading the story that he was ghostborn (twin grandfathers notwithstanding). Her grin was quick and sly as she urged him, "Do it! I bet they believe you. You have that sort of serious-and-truthful vibe. I bet you could tell people anything and be believed."

n** lacked that quality, herself, and she couldn't figure out why it was. True, her parents were both vicious gossips and she wasn't really all that much different, but surely that was no reason to disbelieve her when she told a stinking big lie.

"Don't die in bed," she bid him, still grinning.

nessiaing
Finished, d'you think?

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out