[PRP] Ambitions (Ruzul & Tyr)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:48 pm
User ImageMaybe, Ruzul mused as he pounced after a medium-sized rodent, releasing it and recapturing it over and over again, his mother was right about the warlord. His father had promised he would take him viking when he came of age, and yet here Ruzul was, his mane growing in, and still a freeborn. His one consolation was that his father had not gone viking with the cubs from his other litter either.

He released the rodent again, and this time it was slower to attempt escape, standing dazed for several long moments before scuttling away. He supposed that meant he ought to kill it soon. It wasn't doing him much good as a practice quarry in its current state of disorientation. The brightly colored thing hadn't even turned on him and attempted to fight, as he had been warned this species would do.

All in all, it was a disappointing morning for the young lion.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:07 am
Princess_Feylin

User Image

Tyr was light on his feet, happy. Something that was quite different for the golden coloured lion. For the first time in a long time the male wasn't concerned with how he looked different than the rest of his litter mates or that he didn't have a twin or triplet like everyone else. No today was a good day the adolescent male had found a captain that was willing to take him out viking, his mother would be so proud of him, the first in his family to become a Raver.

He was making his way through the pride to tell her all about it when he spotted the darkly coloured male playing with a rodent. He watched the game of catch and release in action. The other male seemed bored with his game so Tyr made his way over to him, he wasn't really sure what he was going to say to him but he was in a good mood so maybe making a friend was in his cards.

nessiaing

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:42 pm
As Ruzul's gaze followed his rodent's drunken-looking escape they fell on a tawny lion about his own age in a much better mood. In an instant a myriad of options flashed through Ruzul's mind relating to what he might say, if anything. Basically it came down to a choice between being a moody jerk and acting like an adult by pretending he didn't feel like being a moody jerk. Of course, when put that way, there really was no choice.

"It is a good day to die," he remarked, partly as a greeting, partly in passing. It was the sort of thing someone could respond to or ignore without giving offense either way, as long as it wasn't followed up with another question or further comments, obviously.

Ruzul had to bite his tongue to stop himself from saying anything more, since the first words on his tongue were sharp, products of his foul mood. Unless he was looking for a fight, he didn't have to sharpen his tongue on random people just because he didn't get his way, he thought to himself, and then wondered why he wouldn't be looking for a fight. It must have been something Tomi said to him. The lawspeaker who had occasionally helped raise Ruzul and his siblings could be weirdly pacifistic at times.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:47 am
Tyr was pleased when the other male stopped him and greeted him in the traditional Stormborn greeting. "Indeed it is." Tyr said. The goldenrod coloured male was uneasy he hadn't really made friends before and was a little unsure on how to go about making a friends.

"Names Tyr." he said finally after a uncomfortably long pause. Perhaps he really should have just kept walking. It was too late now though. He made his way towards the male with glowing green markings. He looked intimidating the way a stormborn should. He stopped before him trying to decide if he should sit or stand, he finally settled on standing. It was a little more tense than if he just sat down but it was a stance that kept him from being an easy target.

Princess_Feylin

nessiaing

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:42 am
"Tyr," Ruzul repeated, and then added, "Like the warrior, right?"

One of the more useful things he had learned from Tomi was how to match people with their names unerringly after meeting them. It had to do with memory tricks, especially association. Tyr was the name of a warrior in the pride's legends, a brave lion who had willingly lost a forepaw in order to help his fellows contain a mighty foe and still remained a fearsome fighter even with three limbs. But Ruzul had never met another Tyr, and so it worked well enough for him to associate this Tyr with the pride's legend.

"I'm Ruzul Ruzskison," he said, lifting his chin with a hint of defiance. He was indeed the warlord's son, but not by the warlord's consort, and his mother was no saltwife. The thought of anyone trying to make his mother a saltwife was so ridiculous he had to smile just a little.

He hesitated, not sure what to add after introducing himself. He was relatively used to people recognizing his markings and colors, knowing his family from those, and forming an opinion of him before actually meeting him. Not that everyone did that, but there was just a large enough minority that it combined with his adolescent tendency toward prickliness to make him unnecessarily defensive about his lineage at times.

"I don't think I've seen you around before, Tyr. When do you practice?" Everyone in the pride practiced fighting on the sands. Well, nearly everyone. Enough that it was a safe question.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:48 am
Tyr swallowed hard when he heard the other lion's name. He should have known who it was that he was looking at based on his markings alone but Tyr didn't often get out and he certainly didn't pay any attention to the markings of those around him.

"Oh well uh hello." he said a little nervous still.

He was grateful when the other teen male asked a question that Tyr could easily answer. He bowed his head, "Mostly I train when it is quiet, with one sibling or another." Tyr wasn't one to want others watching him as he trained he figured he would be better defending himself if no one knew what to expect from you.

"What of you?" he asked. He wouldn't be surprised to find that the Warlord's son was constantly training.

Princess_Feylin

nessiaing

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:11 am
Ruzul sat back and scratched behind his ear with one hindpaw, relaxing as the conversation went to easy subjects. Any Stormborn, even one who was not a fighter himself, ought to be able to at least discuss fighting in an academic sort of way.

"I try to vary the times that I go so that if there are people who only go at certain times, I'm guaranteed to see all of them eventually. Not that they'll all fight me. Some of the reavers, and especially the captains, say I'm too young." His scowl made it clear how he felt about those lions' attitudes.

The itching shifted from his ear to his neck he wondered if the stupid rodent he hadn't killed had given him fleas. He didn't start scratching his neck though. Wouldn't want to give the impression of having vermin. Perhaps later on he would go for a swim. That would show the biting nuisance!

"Are you looking forward to going on your first viking?" he asked. Even though it was a sore subject for him, it was a pretty standard question for a lion their age.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:30 am
The golden lion listen as the other described his plan in getting the most action in terms of fighting. It was a different strategy than Tyr had, in fact it was pretty much the complete opposite however it definitely had merits of its own. It definitely gave him something to consider in terms of his own training. Tyr shook his head when the other teen described how many of the Reavers and Captains treated him it wasn't an uncommon way for them to be, it was frustrating to say the least.

At the mention of going on a viking Tyr perked up. "Yes I actually just got a captain to agree to take me out!" Tyr exclaimed. "I will be leaving soon. I will be the first in my immediate family to become a Reaver." he was beaming with pride hardly able to contain himself. "In fact you are the first I have told of this I was on the way to tell my mother." he said with a nod. He was brimming with excitement, he knew that his mother would be over the moon with this news.

Princess_Feylin

nessiaing

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:39 pm
Ruzul made himself smile. It probably looked much more like a grimace than a smile, but he was suffering deep, painful anguish. The profound injustice that other teens were going viking when he was not, well, it was almost too much to bear. But bear it he must, because anything less would make him seem like a whiny baby.

"That is really exciting," he said, electing to focus on the bit about Tyr being the first reaver in his family. "I'm sure your mother's going to be delighted. Though...are your family outlanders?"

He grinned quickly so that it would be clear he wasn't casting aspersions. Ruzul tried not to guess whether someone was born to the pride or an outlander based on looks. His father was an outlander, but he was also the warlord. Outlander didn't mean much to Ruzul.

"I only ask because sometimes, especially with mothers, outlanders worry about what their children will be doing, and if they'll be safe. At least, that's what I'm told. You might want to downplay the potential for excitement and danger if your mother's like that."

nessiaing
I'm so sorry it took me this long to tag you. June, as a month, was terrible and I'm still trying to recover.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:43 am
Tyr beamed he was pretty sure that the other male was jealous of him and it made the younger lion excited by the thought. Tyr had lived a life of feeling inadequate and different but now he knew things were going to be better that his siblings that looked all like each other.

"Well my momma was the first here, and she would have tried to become a Reaver but she has a messed up shoulder. My older sister never showed interest in becoming a Reaver, she instead works as a nurse. My father's family have been here for ages.... but I wasn't counting them because my momma is raising me she is family."

"Plus I am the only one of my litter mates to get this far in my plan. Im not sure if any of them plan to become Reavers but none of them will do it before me!" he announced proudly.

Princess_Feylin
Don't worry about it at all!! June was nuts for me too. I have also realized that I mucked up Tyr's dad is a Reaver but since he is being raisedby his mother alone he is choosing to think of himself as the first reaver still.

nessiaing

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:13 pm
Ruzul winced in sympathy with Tyr's mother's injury. He knew a number of reavers had to give up viking because of injuries, but it seemed terribly unfair to be prevented from ever having a chance because of an injury. On the other hand, Ruzul hadn't been injured and he still hadn't gotten a chance to go viking. Life was so unfair.

"I understand what you mean," Ruzul said. His mother had raised him, too, although his father had been a small part of his life. Mostly the warlord was busy with his other family.

"And I hope your first viking turns out really well." Another semi-forced smile and then a polite lie: "But I should probably be going. I was supposed to be bringing something home, and I've completely forgotten what it was."

nessiaing
No worries. Ruzul wouldn't know either way. He's terrible at keeping track of things like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:09 am
Tyr nodded farewell to the other male. "Thank you, hopefully you will be going out on your ver own soon." he said knowing that any proper viking born would want to be out on their viking by the time they were an adolescent.

He turned to make his departure, it was time to tell his mom that he was to become a Reaver before any of his siblings. He knew that she would be brimming with pride. He quivered in excitement, this was a great day.

Princess_Feylin
Fin

nessiaing

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas