Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]
[PRP] A Little Good Luck (Faatina x Chewa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:26 pm
User Image

Nothing felt better than a little good luck. That was why right now, Faatina was hovering over the rock pools by the ocean, admiring the sea-stars clinging to the rocks within. She's always admired the appearance of sea-stars ever since she was a cub, even before she knew of their significance. The variance of their bright colors and the way no two ever seemed exactly the same had intrigued her, and it still did. They were beautiful, and exactly what she needed right now.

Upon her return to the Bahari'mtoto lands, Faatina knew that she needed to see her family. She had missed them dearly in her sudden and prolonged absence. But she remained extremely nervous about how they would receive her. Her family was large and sweet and ever-understanding, but abandoning them in the face of tragedy for no reason but selfish fear? To Faatina, there was no way her family could be anything but angry and resentful towards her for her actions. Her mother and father had spent years of their life raising her and her siblings to be better than that. But she had acted irrationally, and now she wasn't sure her siblings would even understand.

Lying down, Faatina heaved out a large sigh, dropping her nose to the edge of the rock pool. These thoughts had been all-consuming of her lately, and she found it impossible to rid her mind of her nerves. If only she could find a way to ease back into her normal life.

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:26 pm
Ruler of Everything

User Image

On the beach, not far from the nearby rock pools, Chewa jogged quickly across the sand. She was on her way to join a scheduled hunting party, and had gotten a little side-tracked. As she got closer to the rock pools, she noticed the soft tan lioness and immediately stopped in her tracks. She would notice the trademark tan and teal of her family anywhere.

Picking up the pace again to join her family member at the pools, as she got closer still, her eyes widened as she recognised who it was. It was her niece Faatina, who had gone missing some time ago. "Faatina, is that you?!" She was sure it was, but didn't want to get her hopes up.

~Masamune~

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:14 am
At the sound of another approaching, Faatina didn't even flinch. She expected them to surpass her and continue on their way, as they sounded in quite a hurry. But when she heard her name, Faatina's ears twitched and she raised her head, whipping it around to face whomever was speaking. There, standing before her, was her aunt. She was too excited to act abashedly, leaping up with a bright smile on her face. "Aunt Chewa!" She grinned, pawing forward and nudging her happily.

"Oh, oh how I've missed you!" She continued grinning before belatedly cringing at her own words. It was her own fault that she'd missed her aunt, as well as the rest of the family. If she hadn't been such a coward, she wouldn't be having this problem. Smile wiped from her face, she backed up a bit, hanging her head low. Reconnecting with her family was the part of coming back to the Bahari that she'd been looking forward to the most - as well as dreading the most.

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:49 am
Ruler of Everything

Chewa almost bowled her niece over as she trotted up to meet her. She purred deeply as Faatina nuzzled into her, before promptly nudging her back playfully. "I've missed you too" She beamed, so happy and relieved to see her. She was also excited at the prospect of her being reunited with her parents and siblings, who had also missed her greatly.

Still smiling at her niece, it didn't take long for her to notice the change in her expression and body language. "What's wrong Faatina?" Her bright green eyes quickly darted over the pale lioness' body, looking for any sign of injury. It hadn't even occurred to her yet to ask why she had been gone for so long. To be fair, it didn't even matter to her. What mattered was that she was here now, and all Chewa cared about was that she was OK.

~Masamune~

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:50 pm
"I..." Faatina started, quickly interrupting it with a deep sigh. She had hoped that the reunion with her family was something she could revel in rather than turn quickly into a discussion of her failings. Getting to see her Aunt Chewa was wonderful, but all too immediately it had become something else entirely. Although, to be fair, Faatina was impossibly easy to read. She'd always had issues covering up her feelings, but her parents had told her again and again that that was an admirable trait. Although, looking back, perhaps that was simply because she could not lie to them. It certainly would explain a lot.

Turning her thoughts back to the present, Faatina glanced up at her Aunt. "Oh, Auntie, I'm so sorry," she sighed out, burrowing her face back in Chewa's fur. Breathing in the unmistakable smell of the salt of the ocean, it calmed her down almost immediately. Backing up a bit, her eyes focused on the ground, she continued, "I'm absolutely terrible and I know that and I just really really don't want anyone to hate me." All the words came tumbling out of her mouth and she scrunched up her face, unhappy with their presentation. She'd been planning her return to the Bahari for many moons now, but she'd never gotten far enough as to actually plotting the execution of her return to her family. A huge mistake on Faatina's part.

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:33 am
Ruler of Everything
So sorry for the delay!

Unable to spot any sign of physical injury, Chewa remained oblivious to watch could be worrying her niece so much. She was home now, and whatever problems she had, would surely be solvable with the help of her family.

When Faatina suddenly buried her face in her chest, the red lioness cooed gently. "Oh my darling niece, you have nothing to be sorry for!" She smiled warmly, attempting to reassure her long-lost family member that everything was going to be OK. As Faatina went on, Chewa blinked in shock before vehemently shaking her head. "Faatina, you're not terrible, and no one could ever hate you!" She moved forward to stroke the side of her niece's face with her paw. "I don't know what's gotten you so upset, but I promise you, the only feelings anyone is going to have when they see you is joy and happiness!"

~Masamune~

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff