Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Intaba'umbikezeli Lands [IC]
[PRP] Meeting the Local God(Asenath x Blasaz)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:19 am
User Image

Asenath had been getting use to the lands that she know called home. The cold and ice no longer bothered her and she had even stopped slipping and falling every step she took. She was passing through the snow covered lands today looking for one soul in particular, their resident God. She offered kind nods to those that she passed, she was trying to make friends where she could but she knew that she was eyed with some sort of suspicion she was of outside blood and dark in pelt not exactly the ideal for a leader.

Slipping towards the outter edges of the pride she hopped to find the God out there, she hadn't seen her in the centre of the pride and figured that this would be a good place to sit. It was higher than the rest of the pride so she would be able to to look down on the pride and see all those below. Something Asenath imaged a god would like to do.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:14 pm
User Image

A large yawn and an elaborate stretch came with the awakening of the Goddess of Vitiligo. She had chosen a quiet place near the edge of the border and taken a quick and very restful nap before she was to return to daily things. These daily things were very limited as she found herself spending more time communicating with the locals than actually doing her duties. Blasaz was sure no one minded, but always felt bad when tasks went uncompleted, even if her tasks varied day to day. The Goddess' own personal struggle was picking a place for herself among these earth-bound mortals.

Once her stretches were completed and she felt wide awake the Goddess lifted herself with those big fluffy wings and heaved herself up into the air to find a higher place to look upon her new home. She would take to the quiet as long as she could, meeting a lioness here or there was not a big deal, but seeing the whole pride during their most active hours could be a little over whelming. Upon reaching her determined goal she was shocked to see a lioness already seated where Blasaz had intended to be.

"What a pleasant surprise Asenath!" Blasaz lowered herself and smoothly tucked away her fluffy wings before taking a seat near the lioness, but where she was still able to see their homelands. "What brings you all this way?" Curiosity was not something that ceased between mortals and their Gods, it was simply something differently used between them. These were moments the pale Goddess treasured, she was shy at first, even skittish to meet with others, but the pride had already been so open and she couldn't help but indulge and trust them, especially its leaders and old blood.

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:14 pm
Asenath smiled not surprised that the Goddess already knew her name. She was pleased that she welcomed her with such a warm greeting and smile. So far Asenath had been surprised by how warm the pride was to her as a new comer, even though she knew some were greatly bothered by her colouring.

"I suppose nothing in particular brought me here." Asenath mused, she hadn't really been sure why she was seeking the Goddess out perhaps it was just curiosity, after all who wouldn't want to meet the Goddess that lived among them.

"Looks like the restoration efforts are paying off." Asenath mused lookng down over the pride. Even in the short number of days that she had been there it was amazed by how much had been changed and restored.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:28 pm
The pair were all smiles, how could they not be? The pride was blossoming very well from what it had been to what it would be. Blasaz had been given a low down on the pridal history shortly after arriving, she appreciated the ability of the individuals here to return and begin to build their home anew.

"Of course. Why would anyone need a reason to view such an image. These lands are becoming fertile with life, once again. Such a wonderous thing to see so many individuals come together to build such a thing back up." This was all part of her learning, she was shy, unable to communicate well with many, but interested in the world around her. Particularly the mortals and what effected them. Clearly this was a very good demonstration of destruction and the strength that can come from it.

Blasaz nodded. "The restoration efforts are bewildering." And they were, nothing was more remarkable than witnessing a growth such as this. "You seem troubled though, I've heard rumors." The Goddess paused. "Rumors that told of lack of confidence in a particular Leader that may not be all the colors the pride is looking for?" It wasn't the first time that Blasaz had noticed the similarity between herself and Ase. Whether it be a pelt marking, or the work of vitiligo itself, but she had noted the coloration, or lack of coloration in the lioness' paws and such. Of course that didn't much matter to a pride that sought all or mostly light colored individuals. The Goddess wanted to ensure that Ase wasn't worrying about such a tedious thing.

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:58 pm
"Mmmm" Asenath mused, she smiled when the Goddess picked that perhaps all was not right with her. "I suppose it would be fair to say that I am worried that my place here in the pride isn't exactly one that is respected by all." Asenath said bowing her head. It hurt to admit that she had a lack of confidence in herself.

"They don't see past my black pelt, some days I wish I could change it but other days I know that I must show them that despite my colours I am the leader that they all need and in good time they will welcome me." Asenath knew that she shouldn't fret too much it was mostly the older blood in the pride that really had the problems with her, in fact most were pretty okay with her presence but it was the random glances and the whispers that got to her.

"How do I deal with it?" she asked finally all her thoughts finally playing out to words

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:27 am
The lioness' words confirmed the Goddess' knowledge. It was an unfortunate thing that such a young and strong individual would worry about such petty things, but once upon a time Blasaz had felt the same way. Sheltered herself away from mortals and Gods alike just so no one could judge her for something she simply could not control.

"Traditions can be cruel as they are wonderful." She smiled sadly. "How I dealt with it was by finding the right group, which ironically includes the crowd that may look at you differently." The smile changed, from sad to gentle. "Just keep something in mind, if they have accepted me, they will surely accept you. I believe, based on what I've seen, you will be a cherished leader soon enough Asenath. That is all the pride members truly need to know and see, their idea of you will change with time."

Blasaz smiled, hoping it was answe enough. The truth always felt so right, the truth also indicated that Asenath was almost a direct image of herself, instead she was black where Blasaz was brown. After speaking she allowed silence to build between them, these were not easy things to discuss and they were close to home for her.

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:53 am
Asenath nodded her head, the Goddess was right. "I have seen it I know that they will come to terms with me." The black and white female let out a deep sigh, she wished that she had the patience to wait it out, everything would fall into place in time. She however had to wait and deal with the looks that would be cast her way, she would prove herself to all of them.

"Come lets take a stroll." she said the Goddess, in the back of Asenath's head she kind of hoped that if the others saw her walking with the Goddess through the lands it would help speed up the process of them coming to accept her.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:57 pm
Blasaz hoped that the lioness would continue to have patience with those looking to her for decisions. This would be one of the most trying times in her young life, but certainly not the last. If she did not overcome this than truly what kind of leader would she become? Blasaz left that last thought as just thought rather than speaking her mind. She had learned over time that often somethings were better left unsaid.

So when the lioness offered a stroll the Goddess was quick to accept. "Why not, it's a beautiful day and perhaps we can meet a few while we are out." Blasaz had a feeling that perhaps just her presence may make a difference, but again she kept that to herself. "Where were you before you were lead to this pride?" She pondered to Ase. Her words were chosen slowly, it wasn't that people simply stumbled upon these pride lands, it was that they were lead here or followed some instinct or another. "Has this place become more of a home?"

The questions were generic, now Blasaz was allowing her curiosity to come into play and take enjoyment out of being around a mortal.

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:40 pm
Asenath smiled politely, "I was born into a pride where my parents were leaders of sorts. I was loved and things were good. When the pride fell apart though I began to get visions calling me here. I did get lost once along the way and stopped off in another pride just starting up but I learned quickly that was not the right place when the visions began to get stronger." She smiled warmly.

"Here is home, I can feel it within me this was meant to be my place my whole life it just wasn't time for me to be here before now." Despite her nerves Asenath was a smart lions, and one who could see quite clearly she knew that in time the other lions of the pride would embrace her as their leader but it would take time. Until they could fully accept her though she wouldn't be able to do her most good. For now she would just have to keep trying.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:40 pm
Blasaz gave a warm grin, they had entered the busier areas of the pride - it hadn't taken long - and the looks they were getting weren't something new for the Goddess. She greeted and smiled at any hollers, but mostly just focused on Asenath. "Everyone gets lost." The Goddess gave a knowing look of appreciation, she too had taken some turns all of which still lead her to these moments she now shared.

"Home." The statement felt strong and secure, yet soothing. Blasaz was warmed by the strength and pride in the lioness' voice. "I apologize, Asenath, I must take leave. This conversation has been wonderful, I do hope we can speak again soon." The Goddess gave a respectful nod of her head and moved from the leader of the pride. She hoped, deeply that some had seen and would take note that even a Goddess respected their leader, pelt colors or not.

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Intaba'umbikezeli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces