User Image
Vasa was settling into her new home quite well. She couldn’t believe her luck that as she climbed the mountain she stumbled upon a wonderful pack of dogs. Vasa wasn’t exactly a normal wild dog, she tended to keep to herself and she enjoyed her herbs and plants more than anything else in the world.

Today the bright green wild dog was out and about collecting some more plants. She spent most of her time doing this. Shortly after she joined the pack she had met a wild dog there who was also a gatherer, she had let Vasa know of all the wonderful places to find the best plants and herbs in the area. Vasa owed so much to Bik already. So today she wasn’t out collecting herbs for healing she was actually collecting flowers that she was going to bring back to the white and green wild dog she called a friend. Bik had had a litter not to long ago and instead of gathering the other female had been busy minding her litter.

Having collected a large number of flower Vasa made her way towards Bik’s den. Her mouth was brimming with flowers and the green wild dog couldn’t help but smile a little she knew that the flowers would brighten up Bik’s day. For Vasa this was a strange way to be, for the most part the green wild dog had never had friends, and never cared that she didn’t have friends. But Bik understood her better than most.

When Vasa reached Bik’s den she was surprised to see that there wasn’t really anyone about. Peaking her head inside she called out “Hello anyone home?” She was mildly disappointed that the den was so quiet, she enjoyed the business around Bik’s den usually though she also knew that she liked the ability to get away from it and retreat to her own den when it became too much for her.

The white wid dog stirred a little, apparently she had fallen asleep when she had showed all the pups out of the den early this afternoon. It wasn’t often that she got any time to herself but Kunle was out on duty and she was trying to give the pups a little more freedom bit by bit. “I’m home” she mumbled as she rose to her feet and gave herself a bit of a shake.

She smiled when she saw Vasa standing at the mouth of the den. Bik had originally found the green wild dog to be a little on the odd side of things, but having gotten to know her Bik knew that she was sweet, just a little eccentric. “Oh hello Vasa” she said with a smile as she came out of the den to greet her friend.

“I didn’t mean to wake you.” Vasa said a small note of sadness in her voice. She had dropped the flowers in front of Bik. She felt a little guilty she knew that Bik didn’t get a lot of sleep and she had managed to interrupt the little alone time the white female got.

“Oh shush, it fine. I shouldn’t be napping in the middle of the day anyhow.” Bik told her a giggle in her voice. She wished in a way that the pups were still young, when they were young she had had a great excuse to nap every time they did. Now however she felt just a little lazy napping in the middle of the day after sending her her pups out into the pack. It was just the boys there had so much energy perhaps if it had been four girls and two boys she would have a bit of a better chance of keeping up with them.

User Image

Pawing at the ground slightly Vasa tried to push the unsettled feeling of anxiety away, she knew she was being silly but it didn’t take a lot to set off the feelings of anxiety in the green wild dog. Seeing her flowers at her feet she put a smile on her face, “Oh I uh I brought these for you.” she told Bik. “I picked the prettiest ones I could find.” she told her.

Bik bent to look at the flowers, “They are beautiful Vasa thank you.” she said as she picked the flowers up and placed them inside the mouth of her den, “They will certainly brighten up the place.” she said smiling loving the way the blue, purples and pinks did infact brighten the place up. She knew of course the flowers would die but that didn’t matter to her, for now they were beautiful.

“I think I will be out and about to do more gathering soon.” Bik told Vasa, “How would you feel if we worked as a duo, I bet we could get more ground covered and collect more things for the pack if we work together.” Bik smiled at Vasa she assumed the green wild dog would be happy with this offer. Bik knew that she had struggled to find her place sometimes, and she supposed it was the motherly instinct in her but she wanted to look out for the other wild dog, take her under her wing so to speak.

Vasa was a little surprised by the offer but overjoyed at the same time. “I think a partnership would be amazing!” Vasa responded her voice full of excitement. She knew that she had to do her best and get out to meet new friend, but the prospect was quite intimidating for the green wild dog, one step at a time she figured.

“When will you be coming back.” she asked.

“Well today was kinda a test, if the pups managed to stay out of trouble and not need me then I suppose I will be back in full force as soon as next week.” Bik had been doing bits and pieces while the pups were with Kunle, but it was time that she got back in full force and do her part for the pack. She had already done her part in the population area.

“What do you say you meet me back here tomorrow and we will do a little gathering together before I come back in full force.” Bik suggested. She was starting to get anxious she wanted to get out and see what trouble the pups had managed to cause.

“Sounds good to me.” Vasa announced, she turned and walked away. She wasn’t so good with goodbyes, even if they were temporary.