Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Mava'Bunda Lands [IC]
[PRP-Border] But Lions Are Wicked? (Sliabh x Nuru)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:11 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nuru wanted to meet a lion. He didn't know what everyone else seemed to have against them either. But if he was going about hunting in the pridelands and avoiding the species, he wanted to at least meet one for himself. He wanted to see how horrible and evil lions really were, because he was told they were vile creatures unlike himself.

Of course he had also been told if he banged his head into a rock enough times he'd regain his sanity. But Nuru had thought that was just a joke at the time. He only considered it later when the person who had told him such a thing was frowning at him as he laughed.

He was walking along the borders of his pack's lands singing to himself quite loudly. "La, la la lala la~" He chimed and wagged his tail in glee while stepping over bones and skulls. Maybe he would meet a lion today! He wondered what his daughter would think of that if he returned home and gloated to her about he had encountered an actual lion!

Tanakako

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:34 am
User Image
Thirst scratched at his throat, making his breath feel like the heat of the sun itself driving in and out. Tongue lolling to one side he panted freely, trying to cool himself, a loosing battle considering the seering sun high above. Pausing in his tireless strides he spread massive paws wide and shook violently, sending a cloud of dust and tiny bits of shell and rock flying in all directions.

Straightening he lifted his head, pulling himself up to his forbidable hight, seeking the glimmer of water somewhere on the horizon. Instead he was rewarded with the shimmering shadowy figure of a hyena. Remembering the strange white female of the same species who had aided him a long time ago, he didn't automatically consider the sighting a bad omen as many lions might. Instead he altered his path slightly and headed towards the shape.

Soon enough he could hear the fellow singing to himself. Well, at least it seemed as if this one was as friendly as the white female had once been. He briefly wondered how Kamaria was doing these days, she had seemed so innocent and painfully young. Shaking his head slightly he focused on the hear and now as he drew closer to the singing male. Pulling himself to a halt he waited for the stranger to come to him, not wanting to scare the hyena with his sheer size.

CaliWolfe

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:40 am
When Nuru stopped singing he heard footsteps of some kind and turned around causally, unexpected of what was behind him. He was surprised and almost jumped at the shock of seeing an actual lion behind him. Were all lions that big? He had seen a few female lions before but that was as he was running away from them. So he had never gotten a good look at a lion.

No wonder his pack seemed scared of them.

"Hello!" He called, and approached friendly and carefree. "Are you a lion?" He asked, as curious as a pup. He then noticed he had forgotten formalities and spoke again. "Oh yeah, sorry, my name is Nuru Moyo! What's yours?"

He looked at the lion curiously, an odd creature who was blue and black and white. How strange... He began to hum to himself again, although quiet this time so that he could hear when lion spoke.

Tanakako

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:33 am
About to introduce himself as usual, the hyena’s question threw him off balance. “Umm.. Yes, I am a lion.” He confirmed, wondering what kind of life this male led that he had never met a lion…? Bemused and entirely forgetting his usually impeccable manners he was recalled to himself by the hyena offering his own name.

“It is a pleasure to meet you, Nuru Moyo. I’m Sliabh, from the Kitwana’antara.” Head tilted he studied the other creature. Sliabh had not had that much experience of hyenas personally, though he had certainly heard plenty about them in the roguelands, and been treated to their rather painful calling at night. Both this one, Nuru, and the white female from before had been pleasant and friendly. Yet so many lions had warned him that they were violent and blood thirsty. He wasn’t sure if he was just really lucky, or if lions were generally bias.

CaliWolfe

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:20 am
"Kitwan-what-now?" He studied the lion curiously, and ran a few circles around him. "Wow, lions are really big aren't they? I'm surprised my pack managed to fight a war and take a few down..." He told the other, but mainly just babbling to himself. "You're odd though, most lions I've um... seen, they're all earthy colors like browns and oranges. I've never seen a lion with blue before!" He seemed excited as he said this.

It was good reason to be excited as well. Nuru's pack had fought against giant male-lion beasts like this, and although they hadn't won they did, as a matter of fact, take a few lions down by working in pairs. He had heard that at least, his packmates were proud to tell him stories of their past. Maybe it was because Nuru was as easily impressed as a puppy, and he acted like a puppy. The females of his home sometimes bullied him for that, but Nuru thought it was because they were bored and needed something to do.

After all, after a while hunting just wasn't exciting anymore...

Tanakako

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:38 am
"Kitwana'antara... we call it the Kitwana..." Trying to keep the hyerper active hyena in view was quickly making Sliabh dizzy as the canine circled him constantly. Instead he found himself talking to the air in front of him, though did keep twisting his head in aborted jerks, caught between trying to face his conversation partner as was usually polite, and trying to avoid making himself sick with the constant circling.

"I am.. rather larger than most lions.." He offered after a moment, trying to keep up with the run-a-way conversation the hyena was apparently holding all by himself. Though news of a war was somewhat worrisome to Sliabh. The last thing he wished was to be caught up in a battle between rival prides, or rival species, as it seemed to be in this case. He wondered if the pride Nuru was talking about was the one where he had met Ruoho. Since he knew it wasn't too far from where he currently was.

"Where I am from, lions come in all colours. Blue, red, green, pink," he thought of the Mittere, certainly she was one of the brightest lions he had ever seen. " .. I have even met lions with all the colours upon their pelt." One particular rogue had been vibrant orange with multi-coloured swirls all over...

Giving himself a quick mental shake he tried to put the conversation back on track. "May I ask, whos land I am close to?" Perhapse, if they were used to fighting lions, he should avoid the terriroty the hyena belonged to...

CaliWolfe
Sorry! Got distracted with Ragnvard & Ithambo plots.

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:13 am
Nuru, after finally feeling satisfied of looking at the lion sat down in front of Sliabh. He felt an itch on his ear and was tempted to try and bite it, but then thought against the idea as it was difficult to bite your own ear...

"I've never heard of the Kitwana, it must be a faraway place!" Nuru observed. He then was silent and listened with ever-growing eyes in fascination as the lion informed Nuru that lions could come in all colors! "That's super cool! Lions being all sorts of colors..." Nuru thought for a moment before adding, "Lions sound like lizards to me! Because lizard could be all colors too!" In his mind, it was a well thought-out theory.

"My home is the Mava'Bunda!" He said proudly.

Tanakako
I'm so sorry! I completely forgot about this!

[IC] Mava'Bunda Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games