Submit

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:07 pm
The world was spinning. It tilted this way and that like a drunken sailor. So sloshy had the ground come, it was springy with every step. Afryse panted heavily as he leaned his full body weight against the alleyway wall. There were sounds of protesting and yelling not far away. They echoed with a dull hollow thud against his ear drums.

His winter jump suit was unzipped down to the middle of his torso. To keep it from sliding off completely, both arms were knotted in the front. Instead of the usual cold he exuded, there was a warmth that seemed to buzz around him. His thin grey chest was exposed and covered in a sheen of sweat mixed with yellow blood. His blood.

A large gash on his right shoulder bled lightly. Wrapped around the wound was his snowflake scarf, and it seemed to stave the bleeding well enough. If it hadn't been for the severe dehydration, Afryse would be totally fine. This was nothing more than a scratch for a troll in Alternian society.

His next step faltered and Afrys slid down to his knees. This was it, his energy was gone and used up dry. Witikodad was nowhere to be seen and that was totally fine by the yellow troll. At the moment his lusus was beyond dangerous. Would he die in this alley? Would anyone care? Afryse fell against the dirty street, his body pleased with the coolness of the ground despite the grim and filth. Slowly his lids drooped.

Kimbley Kitty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:46 pm
Crossing by the alleyway alone, Odette noticed something out of the corner of her eye. Odette stepped backwards to look into the alley, and there she saw Afryse. He laid there, eyes closed, dead still in the alley. Odette rushed over to him, terrified, but found that the child was still breathing. Thank goodness that she was distracted enough to spot him!

"You'll be okay, I promise..." She flipped Afryse onto his back so she could get a good look at him. Odette looked at the bloody scarf. Though it was hard to distinguish between the color of the scarf and the child's blood, it felt as if it was fairly damp. She untied it, replacing it with the scarf from her glaive as a fresh bandage. Even if it was an item precious to Odette, as a memory of her lusus, she knew it would be better if it helped to save another.

She had to take him to Vremea. She would be able to help more. But she was afraid to hurt or scare the child by removing him from his place, so she shook the little yellowblood gently by his undamaged shoulder. "Mister, please wake up," she pleaded as she shook the boy. As a last resort, she supposed she could carry him to Vremea. He didn't look too heavy to carry, after all.

Magician Arcana

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:00 am
"Leave me aloooooooooneeee," Afryse muffle whine sounded from his nearly close mouth. Slowly he opened his eyes and... Oh.

Was that an Angel? She was beautiful. Her hair was done in a bun and her eyes were lovely and the soft ruffle of white around her breast bone. A new yellow flush colored his face, but it was hardly distinguishable from the other fevered flush on it. In clear admiration, he whispered, "Are you an Angel? You look like an Angel. Miss Angel, can I have some water. I need some water."

Kimbley Kitty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:57 pm
Oh dear, he was hallucinating. Still, Odette's blood-pusher felt warmed by the sentiment. But this was not good. Not good at all. Odette looked around frantically for help, but the street was empty. Everyone was at the protest or as far away from it as they could be. There was no one around to offer her a hand.

"Water?" She repeated. She had brought some from NHC to share with Vremea, but there wasn't much left, if there was any at all. She rummaged through her tiny, tattered purse. With a sigh, she pulled out a mostly crinkled bottle with only a fifth of its water remaining. There were lipstick stains on the rim of the bottle, but she was certain the boy wouldn't mind.

"Here you go," Odette said, handing him the bottle. She went to lift his body, trying to pull him up into a sitting position. "Be careful not to spill it," she warned. She brushed the hair out of his face, checking his head over for injuries.

Aside from the cut on his shoulder and the dehydration, he didn't seem to be in that terrible of a condition. Still, she couldn't help but feel worried for the small yellowblood. "What happened?" She asked him, "Did somebody hurt you?"

Magician Arcana

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:00 pm
His Angel didn't repond, but she seemed to understand his plea and rummaged around for something in her angelic handpurse. Maybe there was the dew of wiggler tears capped in the finest crystalline vessel smudged with her rogue lipstick. Ah yes... Afyrse could enjoy that.

There was a crinkling sound and she handed it to him while helping him to sit up. It wasn't crystalline, but by god it was heavenly. Afryse's eyes might as well have dilated as he uncapped the bottle with shaking hands. There were lipstick smudges (all black) and it didn't bother him a bit. Spill any? He'd die if he did. Literally. Afryse carefully put it to his mouth and drank. It didn't seem like much, but it was significantly better than nothing.

With the water now in the troll's system, things started to make a lot more sense and world wasn't spinning nearly as hard. "Thank you, my Angel." Afryse smiled at her shyly. Oh his first (indirect) kiss with a girl! Zindel happened before and he felt just as shy about it. Now he'd experienced it with both types and felt all the more worldly. No. That was just nausea. Never mind.

At the question of being hurt, Afryse worried his chapped lip and looked away. He felt suddenly small and weak, even though he was strong and powerful. He felt... Like a little kid. All he could do was nod once, unwilling to make eye contact with Odette. He did muster to mutter out, "Someone... Someone close to me... D-did. They're not themselves. They don't do this often. It was an accident."

Because it was, right?

Kimbley Kitty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:07 pm
"You're very welcome," Odette said, her blush increasing in warmth with every compliment. "And you're too kind. I'm no angel... My name is Odette." She took the free moment to adjust her posture from kneeling to leaning on her hip, relieving the stress from her knees. She watched Afryse drink the water and smiled, pleased to see some energy coming back into the yellowblood's face.

Her question changed his mood entirely. Was it too personal of a question? Too soon, to fresh of a scary memory? Odette was only trying to protect him, hoping he wouldn't take offense. She looked away for a moment, not sure how to react. She was worried that she might end up offending him more. Still, it would be rude to try not to help at all. He seemed scared, and Odette couldn't help but feel that the troll was hiding something more, and that he needed guidance.

"There's a lot of trolls that will try to hurt you," Odette offered. "Even if they tell you they're your friend. It's hard to tell who's good and bad. It's not very simple." She leaned towards Afryse, looking at him tenderly. "Sometimes you have to be strong, and it's hard when you're all by yourself..." Odette trailed off, looking up at the moons. It was the most painful feeling to her, loneliness. She'd rather be in horrible company than feel that way again. But she was lucky. She had Vremea. And Milieu, too. She felt miserable for the yellowblood. He didn't even have his lusus around to take care of him. Wait, that was strange, now that she thought about it.

"Where's your lusus? Did something happen to them, too?" Odette worried. She held her breath, terrified that she might have more in common with the troll than she originally thought.

Magician Arcana

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:47 pm
Afryse didn't like this. This feeling of fear and weakness. There was no way he could let the Angel, named Odette, know who had done this to him. He was protective, and it was just an accident. Nothing big or dangerous! So for the moment, he would ignore her questions, "It's okay. Witikodad is back at home. I was out playing when a.. a drone got angry at me."

Marching about, snuffling the ground. A low moan mixed with the growl of a bear, stirred up with the rattle of bones in the wind. Dangerous, and angry, furious that there was no water and that both of them were too weak and miserable to get any. He was cursing in a language Afyrse barely understood, but the intent was obvious. Witikodad was mad at him for being too weak to get water. Or make them water.

"So it's okay... Uhm.... Thank you, Odette.... I'm Afryse." Maybe he wasn't totally 100% because Afryse was captivated by the idea of asking if she had a pitymate. He was pitable! And cute! Yeah! She was a low blood and since the troll had helped him, he decided that he was going to protect and help her. Taking Odette's hand, he smiled broadly, "It is scary, but... I won't let you be scared and by yourself!"

Kimbly Kitty
Super baby crush GO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:31 pm
Odette crinkled her nose. Of course it had been a drone. Anyone else, and they may have gotten a stern talking-to, but a drone? No- she couldn't pick fights with the law. She might not be able to fight the system, but she could do her best to right their wrongs and make the best of a bad situation.

Afryse grabbed her hand and Odette giggled at the yellowblood's sudden excitement. It was hard for her to believe that moments ago, this child was unconscious and possibly on the verge of death. Her giggles quieted, leaving a small smile in their place. She observed him silently for moment, and gave him a kiss on the forehead. "Thank you, Afryse, you're a kind troll. I wish the others were as kind as you," She said, standing up and offering him a hand.

"If you're feeling a bit better, would you like me walk home with you?" Odette offered. It would be silly to abandon him now, after everything she had done to help him. Vremea might worry, but she would understand after everything was explained. She was a big troll now, and she could take care of herself. Afryse was little though... he couldn't. Was this how Vremea felt when she had to take care of Odette? Maybe by taking care of Afryse... she was paying it forward. She smiled at the thought.

Magician Arcana

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:13 pm
It was odd that Afryse was so vibrant given what he was like before. Was he so much better just due to water? Well, partially this was true, and the other was thanks to a bit of delirium.

His cheeks were already flushed, but they became even more so when Odette kissed his forehead. Oh, yes she was simply perfect. His Angel for certain. "N-not nearly as kind as you..." He stood up grasped her hand and stood, and felt the world spin. A faint fever was still in the works, not completely quelled by the little water Odette had given him. Leaning against the wall, he giggled in embarrassment, "Uhm..."

Home. Back to Witikodad. Afryse bit his lower lip and nodded. "S-sure uh... But first, I should get you something for being so nice and helping me. Something special!" Like a flower or a rock or a pretty piece of cloth.

Kimbley Kitty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:02 pm
"Something for being nice?" Odette repeated. She supposed it made sense, but it certainly wasn't a familiar gesture for trolls to go out of their way for. The yellowblood's kindness made her smile, a bit of heat rising to her face.

"That's not necessary," Odette said sweetly, crouching down to Afryse's height, "It's been special enough just to meet you, Afryse. But if you really want..." Odette reached into her bag, pulling out a scrap of paper and a pen. She jotted down her address in her nicest handwriting. "How about you send me a letter? That way, we can keep in touch," She handed the address over, hoping it would appease the excited yellowblood.

Magician Arcana

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:33 pm
Afryse took the paper with both hands, both eyes as wide as dinner plates. An address to the one he thought was an Angel. She lived in New Hemisect City. It was a train ride away and that other scoundrel, Zindel lived there too. He could visit them both... Gently folding it up, he tucked it into his pocket. It was just a scrap of paper, but to the young troll it was so heavy.

Looking at Odette, he searched her face for something intensely, "Miss Angel.. Er... Odette. I hope you.... Don't forget me." The ice had cracked and showed the world below. A troll who was guarded, but still desperate for those friendships, "I certainly won't ever forget you... Not ever."

Cheeks flushed yellow, he nodded, "T-thank you... For walking me home. It's not too far from here."

Kimbley Kitty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:26 pm
Odette giggled. This boy was downright adorable. She was glad to come upon him when she had. Not only because she feared for his fate had she not discovered him, but because she was glad to have met him and made a new friend.

"Certainly not, Afryse! I wouldn't dream of it." Odette said, looking down at the blushing child. She squeezed the boy's hand to reassure him of her feelings. "I hope I'll get to see you again, soon." With that, she walked off, keeping her pace slow so the yellowblood could keep up.

Magician Arcana
fin?

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out