Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:53 am
User ImageUser Image

It had taken her longer than she had originally planned to, but finally she was pregnant. How did she know? She was already showing and with having to share food for so long with that wretched lioness, it was certainly not fat or extra weight that was around her belly now. New blood for the clan, something Masuko, if she was still the alpha of course, would hopefully appreciate enough to allow her entrance back in. That was the plan anyways.

The air seemed...quieter than before, but maybe that was because she had left shortly after the clan's defeat, where there were panicked cackles filling the air and at the moment, there were hardly any aside from the one here and there in the distance. It was ominous and Heidrun just didn't like it. After all, she was a deserter. Hopefully though, hopefully she would be able to trick Risheera with the help of a few other members and bring Masuko a proper prize instead of this odd thing, but one slave would be better than none.

Following silently behind her was the oddly proportioned hybrid, who also made sure to keep his head low. Why had he allowed himself to be taken this far away from his family? It was probably something to do with some stupid obligation he felt to Heidrun for saving him from that tan lioness. BUT STILL. It seemed so dumb. He had heard stories about the very place he was now walking and what they did to non-hyenas...and it frightened him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Masuko had been resting on a rock ledge, watching over the graveyard. It was quiet right now, but she knew that things were slowly turning. Some stragglers had returned over time, and new blood came in. Some pups scattered along the dusty graveyard, and for that she was thankful. It was alright getting random adults joining in, but having the next generation born and raised here would strengthen their resolve and ties to their home. It was a place to defend, not merely just a place to live.

Some fresh movement caught her eye. Alerted, she leaped off the ledge, slinking through the shadows towards the pair. The closer she got, the more she relaxed.

She emerged to see Heidrun, a face she hadn't seen in a long time.

"Hmm," she growled. "You've returned."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:21 pm
She hadn't expected to be greeted directly by Masuko, but rather have guards take her to the alpha's skull home. Apparently that would be what would happen and what she had planned for over and over in her head. It threw her off, causing Heidrun to have to adapt her plan quickly lest she be thrown out or worse.

"I have," Heidrun replied quickly, "but not alone." Sidestepping she revealed the hybrid that had been trailing her so far. Of course the awkward thing was huddled close to the ground, shivering, either from the chill in the air, from fear, or even both. Hopefully he would be enough, but that was why this litter was so important. It would be her key back into the clan and out of the rogue lands.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:27 pm
Masuko hadn't quite expected the other creature to be quite so cowed. It clearly wasn't a hyena, and so Masuko could only assume she had captured and brought back a slave. It didn't quite excuse her extended absence, but it would do.

"Well, interesting," she replied, not wanting to hint too much of her personal feelings. Being Alpha was more important than being Masuko. "I assume that he is a gift for the pack?" she asked quietly, her eyes wandering between the strange orange-maned creature and Heidrun.

"He could be a good plaything for the pups...we've gotten a few over the past couple moons, oddly enough." It always seemed like pups were few and far between lately, she thought with a quiet sigh.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:46 pm
Wide-eyed, the cheeton frantically looked between the two female hyenas. He was...to be a slave, a gift for the pack and a plaything for the pups? Would he die soon or would they drag it on? What use was he to them dead anyways. He tried to get lower to the ground if that was even possible, trying to sink into the ground as if it was a way he could escape this.

"He is. Caught him during my stay in the rogue lands." Passing a glance to the hybrid, she could tell he would either need to grow a spine of some sort or find a hyena to attach himself to in order to survive in a place like this. "He has no name, or if he does, it no longer matters." She added. At least for now he had been enough to sway Masuko from just exiling her. Though...perhaps their numbers were still low and anyone returning, even someone such as herself, was needed. She heard that sigh as Masuko spoke of pups born within the elephant graveyard. Good, hers would not be alone then.

Stepping a short ways away from the alpha and the new slave, she sat, among the dust and bones. "He is not the only thing I returned home with." It was a stretch already calling this place her home again. There was a pause as she raised one of her forelegs. "Pups. I am unsure as to how many, but still pups none the less. And I bring their sire with me as well." It was still hard to believe she had finally managed to conceive after all this time, especially since war wounds, now just scars along her belly, had thought her unable to.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:57 pm
Masuko grinned a very toothy grin. This was better news than a slave.

"Good. Strong family bonds...that's what this pack needs. I think much of the outside world things we're nothing but heathens and scavengers...I am determined to prove them wrong." She laughed then, a hearty one that was a little louder than expected. Regardless, this was pleasing news.

"You may keep your prize if you want some extra paws for your future litter. Whichever you deem best, since I've quickly learned how troublesome more than one litter of pups can be..." Just reflecting on Jasi's large litter made her, the alpha, squirm! Getting into everything, chewing on anything their teeth could get on...yeesh.

"I am content to see you return, regardless of the time that has passed." Her body was tense while saying that, but the words were genuine.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:18 pm
The laughter, the offer and the alpha's words definitely made her feel more than welcome in her return. "I knew better than to come back with nothing." Heidrun replied, a grin on her own face. She would need to send someone to the borders to fetch Bjorg, but finally they would have a home and one in which lions did not rule. Even so, life would be hard and nothing would be taken for granted in this elephant graveyard. Going back to her old job of hunting for the clan instead of for Risheera would be a pleasant change. Risheera. That horrible name left a rotten taste in her mouth that was as easily seen on her face.

"There is...one more prize that could be brought." Heidrun's words were slow, precise and cautious. "A lioness, and a strong one at that. She is the one that had kept me away for so long and one such as her, once broken, would make a fine slave." Keeping her voice low and her tail lower, she continued. "She trusts Bjorg, my litter's sire, and myself, for whatever reason. We could easily lure her here and trap her."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:32 pm
Masuko's smile once again turned dark. "A strong lioness, hmm?" Well well, that would work well into her plans, if she could be broken towards Masuko's will. The boy had taken some time, but he responded well. So perhaps it was possible.

"Interesting...this timing fits only too well. You've been gone long enough to not know of another prize brought to me. I have someone who may just well help trap that lioness..." She laughed then; a true, excited laugh. "Oh yes, he will work perfectly."

Masuko didn't feel like openly sharing who 'he' was, only if Heidrun would ask; Masuko wasn't one to share all of her secrets up front, but if Heidrun really wanted to bring this lioness in, there would have to be a bit of give and take to make it work.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:48 pm
"I've seen her fight lions off, ones with full, large manes, as if they were playthings. She could prove a valuable asset...if we can take her for the clan." If claiming Risheera didn't prove her loyalty to Masuko and the clan, than nothing would. Oh how Heidrun would like nothing more than to see that striped lioness suffer for what she had put Bjorg and her through.

It did seem like he had been gone too long, much longer than Heidrun had liked, but she was back and accepted back at that. "He?" She asked quietly as her ears turned back. There was a genuine curiosity in her voice. It had been far too long since she had seen the alpha so excited about something. Especially when that something was a plan may end up killing a few of her own to even accomplish, what was unless this 'he' held the key to capturing Risheera with ease.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:55 pm
Masuko's grin grew even wider, if that was possible. "I was able to..procure a Prideland-blooded lion, young enough that with some careful training he's under my command." Her tail curled at that thought, pleased.

"Still...I can never be happy with one. If she is this strong...it will be difficult to capture her. It must be planned well." Rus wouldn't be able to do it all alone, but perhaps a bit of an accident....the bone setters could fix her right up as long as it wasn't too severe.

"This gives us something to do," she mumbled. "You know her best, you should create most of the plan. I'll have you meet him once you've got a basis down."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:07 am
"I will not disappoint you, Masuko."

Just seeing the alpha so excited at her suggestion was enough to get Heidrun excited at the opportunity to capture her previous captor. Everything had to planned out with perfect details and quickly at that or they risked losing their chance to actually claim her before she moved too far away from the borders.

Bjorg was not only waiting by the borders in case things went sour, he was also keeping his sense alert in case the striped lioness was tracking them, like Heidrun predicted she would, to try and take her two hyenas home.

"I will come to you once I have a plan on how to go about capturing her." And now she waited to be dismissed, in case the alpha had any other words to say to her now that she was home. The last thing she needed to do was ruin everything by prematurely turning her back to Masuko and insulting her.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:33 pm
Mausko sniffed. "Good." This was a promising lead, and she was interested to see where it would go.

"Go get started. I'll hear from you soon." She nodded towards Heidrun, her eyes flashing again at the strange-looking new slave, but at least Heidrun would have help if she wanted it.

The gears were turning. This was getting exciting.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Mava'Bunda Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas