.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[Challenge] Iron Blooded [Ulfric vs Rokh]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Lithiasaur rolled 5 4-sided dice: 3, 3, 1, 4, 2 Total: 13 (5-20)

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:39 pm
The Stormborn Reaver did like to spend some of his time in the pride, prowling for challenges and looking for members to recruit to his band. He was interested in forging new relationships as well, with strong allies and lions who could be of use to him later, if he was useful to them now. It was all a game of tactics for him, and he was never bored of playing.

Today, between Vikings, he was ready for a challenge or two. Let potential new members test their strength against him: he was always up for a fight, and he needed to keep his own skills sharp and ready for any out come, as well.

If he got soft, he would just be killed when he let his guard down too far. He would not let that happen, when he saw himself destined for such greatness. There was more out there for him: he had to keep himself alive and moving long enough to get to it.

eldritch stardust rolled 5 4-sided dice: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3 Total: 11 (5-20)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:44 pm
Rokh wasn't entirely sure why he was doing this. It seemed madness to challenge the other lion for a place within his territory. And yet... and yet... it felt right. The voices in his head had rarely led him wrong before. If this was what he was meant to do and where he was meant to go, then so be it.

Pacing restlessly, he watched the other lion, trying to pick up any signs of weakness or carelessness. Only to note nothing that could help him. Well. He would have to act impulsively.

Springing forward, he swept out on clawed paw, aiming, not for the face, but for the shoulder. Something painful and distracting. Something that might give him an opening to a better hit.

Lithiasaur

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:05 pm
Twilight Jaws

Ulfric watched his challenger and roared at him when he was ready to fight, his voice booming and making pebbles on the ground tremble from his ferocity. He was a large lion, but he was not slowed because of it, and he charged when the other did, moving on instinct.

He moved enough to feel claws graze his shoulder, but the first attack lacked the strength it needed to slow Ulfric. He launched his own attack, swinging his claws for Rokh's side when he saw an opening for it.

This was always fun. He was not there to kill a potential new member, but he was not going to hold back, either.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:19 pm
Well. That hadn't worked. This big lion was a very canny fighter, Rokh decided. He feinted back, wincing a little as claws raked his side. That was going to leave a mark. Hopping back a pace or two, he tested himself, making sure that the claws had not injured his muscles.

A faint twinge, a flash of pain. He'd live. Smiling tightly, he bowed his head to the other lion as a show of respect. And then, he charged again, this time attempting to come at the other from an angle, hoping to use his size against him, maybe knock him off balance.

Lithiasaur

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:52 pm
Twilight Jaws

Ulfric watched his opponent and grinned. He was enjoying himself, and was eager to continue the match. He paused long enough to let the other launch another attack, to see what he would do and to give them both more of a challenge.

This guy had taken the time to bow to Ulfric, which the Reaver liked and respected. He nodded his head in turn, then braced himself for the coming attack.

He was hit by the tackle, but he did not go down without a fight. He lashed out with his teeth, aiming to bite whatever was closest to him, while the two of them fell over with the momentum Rokh had managed to get in the short sprint.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:01 pm
Rokh gave a screeching yowl as the other lion's teeth found his foreleg and bit down. Thrashing, he lashed out with his own teeth, trying to somehow catch the bigger lion's shoulder or neck.

Oh, that bite would for sure leave a mark. Hopefully it wouldn't cripple him in the bargain.

Lithiasaur

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:04 pm
Twilight Jaws

Ulfric felt that attack land, the other lion managing to chomp his fangs into the soft part of Ulfric's shoulder. He held on to Rokh's foreleg as long as he could before he pulled away, releasing him and hauling himself back to escape the bite.

They were both bleeding now, it seemed, but Ulfric was enjoying himself too much to notice. He grinned eagerly and charged, not waiting now. This was a battle, and he was going for broke.

He leaped at the other with both paws forward, slashing at him with all the strength he could muster, of course. No holding back here.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:16 pm
Well, this was fun, Rokh thought sourly. He felt the other lion finally release his leg and pull back. Rokh was happy enough to let him go, taking what little breathing space he could to test the limb. It was painful and he'd doubtless limp for a while, but the other lion hadn't actually torn anything.

Thank the gods for their little mercies.

As proof that he should have waited to breathe that thankful prayer, the other lion charged him, slashing wildly away. Where he got the energy, Rokh couldn't imagine. Still, he managed to dance back, recieving a swipe across his nose for his troubles.

Snuffling and blowing out the blood that suddenly welled, he reared back and threw himself to the side.

"I yield, I yield!" he called out. "I'm happy to fight you, sir, but I'm hardly a decent opponent if I'm choking on my own blood!"

Now just please don't let him see an amiable surrender as a sign of contemptible weakness, the black maned lion thought.

Lithiasaur

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:33 pm
Twilight Jaws

"You yield?"

Ulfric stopped himself, shaking his head and laughing in his victory.

"You put up a good fight, young one! You must heal now, and come back to face me again! I should like to see you in this pride, I think you would have some future here. You drew my blood, after all, and that is all too difficult to do. Do not feel ashamed of the battle today!"

He grinned, but he reigned his emotions in a bit. He let his excitement get the better of him, and he chuckled, nodding his head toward the other respectfully.

"I look forward to seeing you here soon."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:44 pm
Rokh gave a slightly deeper bow of his head to the other lion this time while weary amusement danced in his red eyes.

"I should like that, sir. My voices tell me that your pride would be a good place for me to have a future in. And truly," he continued, "how could I feel shame in this battle. I would say we were very closely matched. It was an honor."

Smiling and bowing again, the black-maned lion limped off. He needed water, about half a wildebeast and a week's worth of sleep. And once he had his strength back, he'd return.

And maybe next time, he'd actually win.

Lithiasaur

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out