Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:16 pm
I hate you now scream  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:53 am
Aha, I liked Wizard's First Rule and the series went slowly downhill.

Though I read them quite a long time ago, and I don't think I ever entirely finished the series...  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:10 am
Zphal
Aha, I liked Wizard's First Rule and the series went slowly downhill.

Though I read them quite a long time ago, and I don't think I ever entirely finished the series...

The last book from the second series (a trilogy) No. Just no.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:02 pm
WHAT THE ******** KIND OF ENDING WAS THAT?!  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:21 pm
Seriously that better not be the ending of the series. Daniel thought this was just a trilogy but there is just no way. Even if the major thing that happened at the end IS true they still never solved 99% of the conflict.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:59 am
Mama Ame
Seriously that better not be the ending of the series. Daniel thought this was just a trilogy but there is just no way. Even if the major thing that happened at the end IS true they still never solved 99% of the conflict.

Well, based on the timing of when all of his other books were released, you might have to wait a year or two before you find out whether he continues the storyline or not.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:53 am
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame

Well, based on the timing of when all of his other books were released, you might have to wait a year or two before you find out whether he continues the storyline or not.

*shrug* At least that's better than George R.R. Martin...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:30 pm
Mama Ame
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame

*shrug* At least that's better than George R.R. Martin...

True. But Martin is writing from the point of view of quite a few characters, meaning there's a whole lot of planning and world building to be done in each character's scenario. Where as most authors stick with one small portion of a world (i.e. one city, one building [like a school], etc.) and usually stick with one point of view.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:18 am
Hey Robert Jordan had a huge array of characters too. Biggest gap he had was about three years.

Not complaining about Martin. Just saying he takes a long time to write a book. But I'd rather him take a long time than try to shell something out super fast.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:09 pm
Mama Ame
Hey Robert Jordan had a huge array of characters too. Biggest gap he had was about three years.

Not complaining about Martin. Just saying he takes a long time to write a book. But I'd rather him take a long time than try to shell something out super fast.

I've never read any of Robert Jordan's works... so I wouldn't know.

George R.R. Martin is probably the only author I've read so far that has a large character viewpoint arrangement. Rainbow Boys by Alex Sanchez is probably the only other piece of literature I've read that had more than two character viewpoints (it has three). Everything else I read is either one character point of view... or bounces back and forth between two characters.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:53 am
The Wheel of Time is a great series. But it's one you want to be focused on before reading, because it's one of those super epic complex fantasy series. And there are...13 or 14 books? I got to the 5th book but then I stopped because I wasn't able to focus properly with the kids. I want to try to pick it back up again, but I may start over.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:53 am
Oh and the last two...or maybe it was three. But anyways the last couple of books were written by Brandon Sanderson because Robert Jordan died. Robert Jordan had the plans for the series written out and his widow picked Brandon Sanderson to complete it.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:29 pm
Mama Ame
Oh and the last two...or maybe it was three. But anyways the last couple of books were written by Brandon Sanderson because Robert Jordan died. Robert Jordan had the plans for the series written out and his widow picked Brandon Sanderson to complete it.

That's nice of him to do. Hopefully his work lived up to the legacy Robert Jordan created with the earlier books. 3nodding  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games