Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP]Wandering Away... (Veraç Lili Protecció & Camilla)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:00 am
User Image

Veraç Lili Protecció was not really one to wander away from his herd. His father had told him it wasn't the best idea to do so either, but Veraç wanted to be in the woods for a bit. They were beautiful this time of the year. The colors changing and everything falling to the ground. The crisp smell in the air was enough to lure him in on it's own! He walked quietly like his mother. She protected the forest where she lived, his sister there with her. He would never tell his father this, but being in the trees made him feel closer to them. It's not like he could use them as cover with a pattern like his after all!

Slowly he allowed the fallen leaves to crunch under his feet, the sound music to his ears. Veraç looked up toward the sky, taking in the crisp fall colors against the vast blue of the sky. The intense light hurt his eyes a bit, but he simply didn't want to turn away from it. It was so... peaceful. He looked back down to the ground again, continuing on his way. Thinking on it, his father probably wouldn't be too upset that he had wandered away. He was grown now and able to take on his own in the herd. Certainly something as such was worthy of being able to take a walk when one wanted to. As he thought about it more, he decided that his father probably wouldn't agree with that, but such is the lot of life.

Veraç came to a small clearing and decided that it would be a wonderful place to take a bit of a rest before heading back to his herd. He certainly didn't want his father to worry too much... The longer he was gone, the more he was sure to worry. And if his father worried... Well... The whole herd may well end up looking for him before the night was through. Certainly for a Queen's guard he was terribly worrisome. He wondered a bit if he was the same before Veraç had come along... With that in him mind, he flopped himself down in the best spot. Taking it all in and breathing deeply.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:24 am
User Image
For Camilla it was a bit early to be awake. The sun was still up and her bat was still asleep. She'd had little choice in the matter though, she'd woken to the sound of a pair of foxes fighting at the entrance of her cave for the night. No amount of pleading had convinced them to keep it down or relocate so she had done the sensible thing and moved herself.

She yawned as she soared through the air each of her four wings working in perfect unison to propel her forward at alarming speeds. If she flew quickly enough Camilla knew that she might manage to get home before her mother woke for the night. It would be a pleasant surprise for her family, she was sure, since it had been so long since she'd been home. Exploring the land had taken priority in her life for the last few months but she was tiring of exploration. It would be good to get home.

As she shot over a clearing something caught her eye. Angling her wings she circled back gently to check that she hadn't been mistaken. As she came back over the area she canned the ground more carefully eventually spotting the form she had seen in her first fly by. It was a kalona, judging by the wings and tail, but it was alone. Camilla continued wheeling around in circles like a hawk on the watch simply observing. The kalona didn't seem to be doing anything, perhaps it was one of the good ones and nothing to worry about? She much preferred that idea to the alternative, which was that the kalona was simply on it's way to cause trouble somewhere. Her family would have to wait until she determined which it was.

Slowly Camilla angled herself downward to land softly on the ground several yards away from the kalona. She didn't say anything even though a greeting would have been polite. She had meant to say 'hello' but all that had come out was a very loud yawn.

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:09 pm
User Image

Veraç moved his ears in response to the noise of something on the ground behind him. As the yawn was heard right after, Veraç jumped to his feet as fast as he could to face whomever or whatever may have been behind him. Stretching his wings up to their full extent, he puffed himself up in order to look large and intimidating. It was something he had seen his father do many times, though his father being a draft gave him a bit more bulk to work with. As he kept his wings outstretched, he took in the one who could be a potential opponent.

Veraç's eyes scanned this other Soquili. He wasn't sure yet if she was a threat, but she hadn't attacked him yet, so he lowered his wings a bit. He didn't want to send the wrong single if this one wasn't there to attack him... Certainly didn't want to incite an attack on himself either.

As he continued to size the other up, he took vague notice of the sun dropping low in the sky, the trees starting to look as though they were set aflame. It was certainly a wondrous sight, but he wasn't sure he should be focusing on that at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:47 pm
Camilla jumped a clean foot in the air as the other whirled about suddenly. Her wings beat a few times letting her hover just above the ground as she watched the kalona warily. His wings had opened up wide and he looked quite large indeed but he hadn't charged her. Aside from turning about he didn't seem to have moved at all. He was looking at her intently and Camilla wasn't sure what all was running through his head. Was he thinking to attack her? Then his wings relaxed, just a little but it was enough to ease Camilla's mind.

Swallowing and praying that she was getting the right signals, Camilla let her feet touch back down on the earth. She didn't approach or let her own wings relax just in case, but she allowed the corners of her mouth to twitch upward in a partial smile. The sun was going down now making him look more orange and red than anything else.

"I...didn't mean to scare you." She ventured keeping a close watch on him. If he charged she'd have to move quickly. He'd already proven that he was quick to react, she'd have to be faster. "I just...spotted you from up there." Her wings twitched upward in a vague display of direction.

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:52 pm
User Image

Veraç looked at this other one cautiously still. Though she seemed to respond with good intentions, he still wasn't one hundred percent sure she wouldn't attack him. Though he could only assume that if she were to attack him, she would have done it already. He stood there for a moment before putting his wings down by his side.

"I'm sorry that I was so quick to react. I, in turn, didn't mean to startle you." He looked at her calmly, taking in her appearance. He then looked up as she pointed to the sky. She did have wings... And he was certainly bright enough to be seen from the sky. His own patterns and colorings would never keep him hidden. It's a reason why his father made sure he had lessons in quick reaction times. Reaction times were a very important point in his training... Something that would be very important in anyone's training really.

He cleared his through a bit before deciding it would be a good idea to speak again. "I can see why you would be able to see me from above. Since I'm not one that is easily hidden." He looked around a bit, "And certainly not easily hidden in such an open area." His lips curled into a small smile. This mare certainly seemed like she may have been interested in him and truly did just want to see who he was.

He bowed lightly, spreading his wings wide as he did. It was a flourish that had been taught to him by his father as well. Something he considered an important part of the herd they were in. Important for when they met others who held high stations. After all, when you were in a herd that moved around so much, the chances were high that you would need to know how to properly bow to others of high stations. "My name is Veraç Lili Protecció," He stood up straight and corrected his wings. "May I ask what your name is?"

Nisshou H

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:34 am
To say that she was relieved would have been a massive understatement. He didn't charge or show any signs of aggression. If anything it seemed like he felt just as awkward and uncomfortable about the situation as she did. For her part she regretted swooping down on him in suspicion that he was a danger. She couldn't bring herself to admit what she had done so she would atone for her judgement by conversing with him. Thinking of it as atonement felt even worse than knowing that she had been wrong to judge his character in the first place.

"It seems we have both made our mistakes...and been...a bit too hasty to act." She said sheepishly in way of apology. She watched as he bowed sending his wings out wide. It was quite an impressive display unlike anything she was used to. The formalities in her family were... much less formal. Not wishing to be any ruder than she already had been she also bowed though the motion was limited to her head. Her wings she tucked neatly into her sides to show that she was at ease now.

"I am Camilla. Camilla Draculesti." She replied with a smile revealing the two fangs in her mouth common to her family. "I'm pleased to meet you."

~Twilight...Angel~

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:54 pm
User Image

Veraç watched her carefully again. She certainly seemed uncomfortable with the situation. Perhaps even more so than he had before! Though he could understand how it was an uncomfortable situation. They had startled each other after all, and there wasn't much that could be done with the awkwardness of that moment now. They had declared that they already thought the other an enemy, so there was no taking those thoughts back now that they were out there.

"Yes, and admitting our mistake may help each of us with any future endeavors, or jumped conclusions. It's an important thing to think before acting after all."

Coming up from his bow, he smiled at her a bit, trying to ease the tension a bit. Certainly he didn't want a mare to be uncomfortable around him. It took a long time for his own father to secure his place in their herd and to be a respected member even though he is a Kalona. And Veraç has found himself in the situation where what he looks like was a simple enough reason for someone to simply underestimate him or be fearful of him. Something he certainly didn't enjoy having happen.

He watched as she bowed small. It was certainly something she was clearly not used to doing. He had always thought that a large and respectful bow was important to showing others that you meant well and you had the best intentions in mind. Though he guessed that this mare had not come from a culture or herd that often met with strangers and had to be sure that they were not attacked. He moved his wings a bit uncomfortably, not being used to such small bows himself, he certainly felt a bit foolish deciding to do the biggest bow he could with his wings. As he looked her over, she had her own pair of wings tucked as close to her side as she seemed to be able to get them. He wasn't sure how comfortable such a position really was for wings, but his seemed to be shaped differently than her own. Bigger in one sense, but at the same time seemed to have less to them. As he looked a bit closer, he started to wonder if he was seeing things or if she had more than one set of wings by her side. It was something he was unaccustomed to seeing himself, but knew that such a thing happened in the world in certain breeds. Figuring he should consider himself lucky to see such a thing, as he was sure his father never had, he decided that it was probably best not to point it out. And he certainly didn't want to make things more uncomfortable than they already were.

Listening as she introduced herself, he decided that she had a very beautiful stately name. It was certainly something that was worthy of a much more formal and large bow such as the one he had given. He was happy with his decision even if it had seemed to make her uncomfortable.

"I'm pleased to meet you as well. You have a very beautiful name if you don't mind me saying so. Very regal sounding." He nodded at her a bit. "My own name is a combination of my mother and my father. Is yours a family name as well?" He hoped that such a small question might help to break the tension a bit. Though, now that the words were out, maybe such a question about ones name wasn't small... Too late to turn back now!

Nisshou H

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:17 pm
Camilla's smile widened at Verac's praise. She had always been fond of her name and now that he mentioned it, it did have something of a noble tone about it. "My name is my mother's name." She said proudly. Her father had had a family name as well but she and her siblings had all taken on their mother's instead. It was a better name, a name with history the way Camilla understood it. Camilla wasn't quite sure of what precisely that history included. As much as she loved learning about where she had come from she had never been that good at listening to history lessons. This information she kept to herself. This stallion didn't seem fully set in the tradition of taking the paternal name but Camilla had encountered a few that found her family strange when they learned that the children had dismissed it for the maternal name.

"Which name is your mother's and which is your father's?" She asked politely not wishing to leave an awkward silence between them. Things were already uncomfortable enough without her making things worse.

~Twilight...Angel~
I'm so sorry that this isn't terribly good or long. Camilla kinda went "hmmmmm...nope" but I needed to get something out. >>;

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:31 pm
User Image

Verac smiled smiled sweetly at the mare. She seemed a lot nicer and easy going now that she was talking and had a smile on her face. It make him feel much more at ease about everything. Especially considering that their first moments were of unease. Listening to her, it was a strange thing that she had taken her mothers name, but it was a nice name. It certainly fit her perfectly. He wondered for a moment if there were any other siblings who had names that sounded just as regal and stately.

"That is rather interesting that you would take your mother's name. Is she the head of your family?" He was certainly interested in the reasoning behind the name. "As for my own name, I have Lili from my mother and Protecció is my father's name." He certainly didn't mind explaining his own name. Being proud of the name his parents gave him.

Nisshou H

Sorry it took so long! I'm going to just do a short like post for now, but if Camilla doesn't want to speak before the month ends, I'll try and make this post bigger! xD

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games