User Imagenessiang: Umeko stretched as she woke up. She had had a lovely nap under a tree. She decided to head out towards the border of the pride, she was pretty sure Bjorn wouldn't be out there. She was hoping that Anika would be out there though, she hadn't seen her friend in days.

Making it to the cliffs Umeko paused and loooked around at the water, loving the noise it made.

Painted Moose: Ever since dedicating himself to his choice Kifunguo had stuck close to the pride in order to ensure that Anika received what she wanted. He was a little nervous about the possibility of fatherhood, but in truth, she hadn’t wanted him around to raise them, so they would both get what they wanted in that regard.

So why was he so bitter about it?

The God was in the guise of a regular lion as he walked the border, passing others with his head down, and most assumed he was a lowly Thrall. It saved him the questions. Only when one had tried to push him around did he truly move away from as many as he could. Was this the right sort of pride to raise cubs?

Shedding his mortal form, Kifunguo stretched his wings and settled into a comfortable spot.

nessiang:
Umeko froze as she saw what had looked like a normal lion, transform to a God. The lioness blinked a few times and couldn't believe her eyes.

Umeko had never seen a God before despite having a father who was one. She had always wondered about the species and what they were like. She was fairly certain this God was not her father, neither she or her brother had blue like this God's mane.

Painted Moose:
Kifunguo turned with a snarl towards the ‘sight’ of bones he now saw after his transformation. Had he known he was to have an audience he would have stayed in his guise, but now his secret was out. “Who are you and what do you want?”

He would tolerate no other lion beside Anika to know his true identity while in the pride. Once he left she could tell whomever she pleased, if they would believe her, but for now….He flared his wings in an offensive gesture, his stitched gaze pulled tight.

nessiang: Umekp backed away a little, where all Gods like this had her father been like this? "I am Umeko" she told him. She wanted to know more about the God but was uneasy about approaching him at all.

"I'm sorry I bothered you, I've just never seen a God before, not even my father." she mummbled. Hopefully he would be kind to her, but she was unsure and she was already looking for escape routes.

User Image
Painted Moose:He cared as much for her name as he did for the sun on his black coat. Kifunguo’s snarl did not relent, and if anything he lowered in preparation for flight. Though he had no intention of interacting with her at all, he neither wished to hurt her.

“God’s are not kind, child, and your father did you the best he could by staying out of your life.” Though he was slightly surprised to know there was a God spawn in this pride. Kifunguo’s words were angry; just a calm warning, like most of everything he said these days.

nessiang: So all of Umeko's suspicions about her father were correct. He was a heartless individual who didn't care for mortals, including her mother, her brother and herself. This was truly upsetting, but finding out it was true was a whole new kind of heart breaking.

"So you are alll like this cruel and mean why would anyone want you around. I had hoped my father would be better." She shook her head, this God had wrecked her day.

Painted Moose: “I did not say he was cruel. You’ve misheard me.” Whether she wished to play the victim or not, she didn’t understand a God’s life anymore than he understood hers. “If he had stayed, would you have kept him here, trapped as a mortal in these lands to watch you wither until one day your descendants set your corpse aside?”

It was better to keep them separated. “We are two separate creatures that would only tire and yearn for things that the other possessed. If he were here he would wish for you to live as long as he, and you would wish for that same life, if not for other abilities. He did you a kindness, even if you cannot see it.”

nessiang:
Umeko listened to the God, what he was saying made sense but it didn't take away the pain of never knowing her father.

"That makes sense, but he could have met me, just once. Let me know who he was. All I know of him is he is black, and goes by the name Al-Hattal." she said. There were plenty of lions out there that didn't know where they came from or who their father was, it was unreasonable that it uspet Umeko this much.

"I would have liked to meet my father just once. Wouldn't you want to meet your cubs if you ever had any."

Painted Moose: Kifunguo clucked his tongue. “I’ve heard the name from more mortal lips than you will ever know. Your mother is not the only female he has known. Perhaps you should see out half-siblings, and they can tell you more than I.” It was a sad fact, but he knew that male to have gotten around more in his mortal life and ascension than any other.

“I have no intention of ever meeting any mortal cubs I sire.” He spoke in melancholy. “I will not have them grow attached to a father who won’t be there, and I won’t be expected to love a creature with a finite lifespan.”

nessiang Umeko sat quietly and thought about all the God had told her. She didn't know about all the half-siblings she may have and for the firt time in her life she was considering becoming a reaver just so she could leave the pride and find some of half-siblings he spoke of.

"Thank you" she finally said, "you have given me a lot to think about." Without saying anything else she turned and headed back towards the interior part of the pride. She didn't bother saying good by to the God, he didn't seem the type to say goodbye either.

Painted Moose Kifunguo didn’t need a chipper ending to this meeting. It was obvious that he had told the female some things she hadn’t expected, or even wanted, to hear, but it was all in good faith. She couldn’t remain ignorant for the rest of her life.

Spreading his wings once more he took off into the darkening sky, pondering his own hypothetical children. Would they be as ill at ease as she?
He hoped to Gods that they weren’t.

(WC: 1145)

-fin-