Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kilua had waited. She waited for a lot of things in her life, and the older she got the more patience she developed. She still didn't have a bird companion yet, but Kilua knew it was coming. One day soon, she'd finally become a full part of the Aka'mleli life.

Her green paws carried her towards the lake, intent on spending a warm day under the trees that dotted the valley. She would wait a bit more today, her bright purple eyes watching the skies. She'd spy on some familiar birds, and hopefully see some strangers. Other lions would visit along the lakeside, and conversation could be exchanged. Even Haja may come around with the latest gossip...it all seemed plausible!

"Well, I think today is as good a day as any other," she said as she laid down on the ground, the grass a bit dry in the summer heat. Perhaps even one of her aunts or uncles would pass by, giving her even more reason to wait patiently for things to come.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:27 pm
User Image

The land was growing familiar enough that even Yareha knew they were soon to reach their destination. He found himself...nervous. Not something he'd known for some time, not as it centered around a lioness. Oh sure, he'd felt some nerves before, when he and Ieiunium were young and she was just a rogue passing through...when he'd tried to win back Laelia...

But that was all long ago, and he was a different lion now. He hadn't been able to make either of those relationships last, nor had he tried with any of the others in between and since.

Except...Kilua.

He'd promised her, Great Lion, it was closer to two years ago now than one, that he'd find a bird to be her partner. He hadn't expected that it would take so long...and he had no way of knowing if she was even waiting for him.

Great Lion knew Laelia hadn't waited for him to be sure of what he wanted.

The white lion sighed as he continued towards the Aka'mleli lands, but his pace had slowed. What if she'd moved on and found someone else?

The eagle soared happily above his partner. They were actually past the outermost borders of the Aka'mleli now and would soon be entering the inner lands. Already the number of other birds around had tripled and he was quite pleased to have his daughter Laenaera swooping and soaring with him.

"Didn't I tell you the thermals were great here?" he called out to her with a gape-beaked grin. Oh, how he hoped they could stay here again. Not that he'd minded wandering here and there, but a bird liked a place to roost, to return to tiem and time again. Clearly that wasn't to be the Mwezi'Johari, but the Aka'mleli seemed to have everything he or Yareha could ask for in a pride.

Speaking of, the avian abruptly pulled a wingover into a steep stoop, descending down to where the white lion had inexplicably slowed.

"What's wrong?" he asked, quietly, to not alarm his daughter. "Don't tell me you've got cold paws after all this time and effort!"

The eagle glanced up, sharp eyes falling on a familiar form. "Better buck up, because she's right over there!"

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:06 pm
User Image

Laenaera was happy up here, the flying was easy, and the sun was warm against her back. She chirped towards her father, a happy agreement to his words. "You're always right," she laughed as she swooped around, easily gaining altitude and letting herself sink lower towards the ground as well. Flying was much easier here...Hestia must have blessed this area!

She didn't notice her father lowering towards his friend....but she did notice the lone lioness laying just under a tree.

-----

Kilua's eyes continued to scan around her, ground and sky. She noticed two birds that didn't seem terribly familiar to her. New strangers? She wondered...but didn't hope. Being curious never hurt as long as she didn't pin her hopes and dreams on them; she wasn't a cub anymore.

"Well, that's interesting..." she whispered to herself as one of the birds broke from the other. She let her eyes wandered down towards where it was going, and noticed a figure. Still too far away to see anything other than a bloby shape, she waited. She wasn't going to run after mirages.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:13 pm
Yareha sighed aloud, mostly for Latitare's benefit. He didn't bother responding aloud. The bird knew him far too well, and frankly, he didn't care to discuss that part of his life with anyone. Luckily, the lion was saved from having to respond by the eagle's eye falling on their entire reason for returning. Yareha stopped abruptly. Suddenly it was real. The white male took a deep breath and began walking again, picking up his pace.

"Kilua!" he called out as he got closer, a hesitant smile touching his lips. Hopefully she would be happy to see him.

Latitare did know his friend well, too well to press him to speak. It only annoyed Yareha and put a crimp in their relationship for several days at a stretch. Not to mention the white lion usually managed to solve his problems without the eagle's intervention.

Still, he was happy to see Yareha becoming more excited and less nervous about the whole thing. The eagle glided over to the nearest thermal and spiraled back up towards his daughter.

"Laenaera, I'd like you to come down and meet someone," he told his former chick softly.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:25 pm
Laenaera nodded to her father, a bit curious herself when Yareha yelled aloud. So excited, so...silly. She didn't hear him all that well up here, but his voice was distinguishable to her. He was the only lion she had spent any sort of time with since she was young. "Alright."

She followed her father obediently, curious, but keeping her questions to herself at the moment. Perhaps some answered would come before her.

----

Kilua blinked when she herself realized that it was him. It had been so long, she somehow had forgotten what his bird looked like. His golden mane, however, was no forgettable. She told herself to breathe, that nothing was for certain...and that she wasn't going to rush into anything. She had been patient for so long, and it wouldn't harm anyone to continue her patience.

She pulled herself up back onto her feet, hoping that there wasn't too much dead grass sticking to her fur. She smiled to herself as she slowly began to walk towards the three of them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:33 pm
His heart leapt as Kilua got to her feet and started heading towards them. She seemed to be smiling, so that was a good sign. He hoped. A glance upwards showed him that Latitare and Laenaera were descending together - not at speed, but not slowly either.

"You remember Latitare, I hope?" the white lion offered as he came within easy speaking distance of Kilua. "Well, he and I traveled all over just to find you a friend of your own." It was true, even if they hadn't gone absolutely everywhere, Yareha's paws were convinced of it.

Well, that was his cue! Latitare led his daughter in close, until he was flapping his wings to hover between the two lions and landing on the grass. It wasn't the most dignified position if he had to walk, but it would do for now.

"This is Kilua," the eagle told the girl following him. "Kilua, this is my daughter, Laenaera. She's a strong flyer, a good heart, and I'm honored to introduce the two of you." He didn't speak for his hope that the two would get alone, but just the fact that they were all here now made him unspeakably proud.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:54 pm
Kilua was surprised at how quick the introductions were being offered, but she decided that that was most likely the best course of action. She wasn't sure herself on how she felt about anything, after carefully keeping herself cautious.

"I do," she said. "Though I must admit I didn't recognize him at first," she laughed. He looked...tired...maybe? But happy. It pleased her that he at least remembered his pledge.

She turned her attention to the birds, nodding to each of them.

Laenaera landed next to her father, awkwardly trying to keep her balance as she settled on the soft ground. She rarely came to the ground unless it was to eat; all her other time was spent in the air or up in a tree.

"Its a pleasure," the vulture said with a bow. She was intrigued by the pretty lioness, and figured that this may be the start of something good.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:01 pm
"It has been a while since we were here," Yareha admitted. He was afraid to ask if Kilua had had any trouble recognizing him as well as Latitare. He didn't think either of them had changed much in the past couple years, but then again, how could he really know? The white lion had been trying to change his inside for some time now, but he hadn't thought that would affect the outside. And as far as he was concerned, Latitare hadn't changed at all.

He say anything else though, hoping to give Kilua and Laenaera a chance to get each other.

"Next time I'll have to paint my feathers bright red or something, so that you can be sure it's me," the eagle answered dryly. He wasn't offended that Kilua had had a hard time recognizing him - most lions in his experience had trouble telling avians apart and didn't bother trying to learn individual features unless if their colorations were quite obviously different.

He hopped over to Yareha, moving to perch on his partner's back. It wasn't much more comfortable than the ground, but it did offer a better view. Not to mention it was far more appropriate in these lands.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:23 pm
Kilua laughed again. "No, no! I am more familiar with my lion pridemates than the birds...some companions don't like to speak to anyone but their bonded, so I'm afraid I'm not as familiar with all the avians in the skies above Aka'mleli."

She didn't want to mention that she couldn't mistake Yareha for who he was. He was too unique, though she had to remind herself that she didn't know that much about it. Two years was a long time, and much could have happened since they last met. Hopefully now, though, there could be a bit more time to learn about him.

Laenaera laughed as well. "I couldn't imagine you as red, Father. I think you'd become quite the eyesore, and quick!" She bounded a bit away from him, just in case he was going to get a little parent-y on her. She couldn't help herself, since it seemed like the perfect time to jest!

"There are many birds here, but it must be because of the thermals. They're so...lovely." She was starstruck with this area, more and more certain that this was bird heaven. This was what her father and Yareha had been returning to.

"I'm certain you both are tired. The lake is just over there, do you want to rest a bit? The shade is plentiful, since it seems like very few others are coming to the lake right now," she offered. "Water is plentiful, like always." She had heard of how water could be hard to find beyond the barrier of mountains, but she had never left, and never had the desire to.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:31 am
The white male laughed with Kilua. It was...freeing, he thought, to be able to simply relax and laugh. It wasn't that he didn't care what she thought of him, but rather that she didn't seem to expect anything more of him than his presence at this time. He wasn't sure that she and Laenaera would partner yet, but he knew a subtle hint when he heard it. If the two were to pair up, it would be good for them to take some time to get to know each other in more privacy.

And that water did sound good.

"I'd love to stay and chat, but you're right, it's been a long journey. So much so that a bit of water and rest sounds amazing," Yareha replied. "I'm sure you'll be able to find me if you want...assuming you can wake me!" He headed off, confident that Latitare would soon join him.

Latitare shook his head and tsked.

"I'd've thought every bird in the area would be known to a lion of the Aka'mleli!" he chided, though the spark in his eyes showed he wasn't truly offended. In truth, he saw Kilua's point and supposed he couldn't blame those others who came here...though he wondered if all of them were ready and willing to partner lions. If not, what a waste of living here!

"I suppose I'd better go keep an eye on him, just in case," the eagle sighed theatrically. He nodded to lioness and daughter in turn before launching himself after his partner.

He did want to know how this turned out, but now wasn't a time for outsiders.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces