Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:40 am
Velveteen Angel
Sorry its a bit short.

User Image

It was a good day. Nuing had spent the morning hunting new bones. He was very pleased with the ones he had found and decided to bring home. Now during the afternoon he had spent the time rearranging his collection. Checking his bones to be sure they were in good condition and that bugs hadn't gotten to them.

The brown hyena now lay surrounded by his precious collection out in front of his den. Admiring or discovering something new about each bone he carefully pawed over each one. They were perfect. He pulled his favorite one close to him to rest protected between his front legs.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:54 am
User Image

Ubavu had left Korosi and Hamea in the den. The two birds had come with him on his hunt, but Korosi's wing had begun to plague her a little. Since the attack many moons ago, her wing had never quite healed completely. She could fly (and fly well) but after a while, she would develop an ache in her bones. Leaving Hamea with her was the only way he could convince himself that the black avian would not sneak out, as Hamea would harass her into resting.

It felt odd being out in the pack without his birds. It was isolating. Ubavu did not have friends - he had enemies and not yet enemies. He didn't trust the other hyenas, but he did not consider his chances in the rogue lands to be very high. He would stay, but not out of love for the pack.

The sight of the brown hyena with his collection of bones caught his eye however, and he peered at him from a distance. There was a bone that looked sturdy amongst the collection...it would be a good perch for when Korosi ached too much to lie in the nest.

He hesitated before approaching.

"Greetings." Ugh, social interactions...

Velveteen Angel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:51 pm
Velveteen Angel
Wow I totally forgot about this one. I'm so sorry!

Nuing looked up startled to find a grey hyena addressing him. He eyed the other male warily. There was no reason for this hyena to approach him. That he knew any case. He didn't have food, nor was he doing anything another might find interesting. He hoped the male wasn't here just for a social visit. Nuing nodded back slowly, but didn't really let his guard down.

"Hello. Is there something I can help you with?" Find out what he wanted then send him on his way as quickly as possible. Maybe he was just lost and looking for directions. Nuing noticed he happened to be the only hyena visible in the area.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:52 pm

"Do you sell the bones?" He asked, cutting right to the chase. He wasn't one for small talk, and even less likely was he to try and make 'friends' with anyone in the pack. He was content with his birds. His birds were his life.

"I want that one," he said bluntly, pointing to the bone that he had seen that appeared the sturdiest. He wanted only the best for Korosi. He would be prepared to reimburse the other male; though he was not sure what he could do other than bring him a fresh kill.

Hopefully that would be enough.

Velveteen Angel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:38 pm
Velveteen Angel

The brown hyena blinked and sat back as he took in the blunt question. Sell his bones? He bit back an immediate no. It was quite an internal struggle. The hyena had asked if he sold the bones, which meant he was willing to pay for the precious precious bones. That was all it had going in favor of. Nuing wasn't about to just let his bones go to anyone.

He flicked his eyes toward the bone the bold hyena said he wanted. It was a good thick bone. "What were you looking to use it for?" Before he agreed to sell it, he wanted to know what this male had planned for it. He hoped it was nothing destructive.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:56 pm

Ubavu was not thrilled at 'opening up' to the male. He didn't want the male to know what he was using it for, but he supposed if he didn't answer him, then he wouldn't be allowed to take the bone. Korosi needed it.

"My bird was injured recently, she is pained to sleep on the floor. I was looking for a perch for her." It was the simplest explanation of the situation. He didn't explain how or why his bird was injured (nor did he cast insults against the filthy hyenas who had hurt her).

"I can offer you a preybeast of your own, killed and brought to your den." It was the best he could do.

Velveteen Angel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:52 pm
Velveteen Angel

Well. That certainly put a different perspective on the request. Nuing chewed his lip slowly as he thought. There must be something nice about this hyena for him to go to lengths to help out a bird. Even if the bird was his. The thought of his bone being used to help another, who would enjoy it surely as much as he did, instead of being wantonly destroyed appealed to the male. That leaned him in favor of completing a bargain.

"One large prey beast or 5 small ones." Nuing sat up straighter. Prey beast was a wide term. It behooved him to define it just a little bit. "Bring me one or the other and the bone is yours." He hoped the deal was satisfactory to the other well. A fresh meal brought right to his front door made him salivate. Usually hunting came second on his bone hunts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:18 pm

Ubavu's eyebrows went up at the bargaining and he scowled. "That is a high price!" he grumbled, looking frustrated at the offer but he huffed and agreed none the less. "Fine. Do you have a deadline for the exchange? I may not be able to find the beasts todays, but I will bring it to you as quickly as I am able to."

He didn't know if the male would trade the bone to another person in the meanwhile, but he wanted it. Korosi would benefit greatly form a perch and Ubavu was fine to put himself out as long as she was happy. She was, after all, one of his only friends.

Velveteen Angel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:33 am
Velveteen Angel

He was a bit taken aback by the apparent venom in the other male. He hadn't thought what he was asking wasn't that bad. Any hyena would end up with those bones if they went hunting regular. Despite that the hyena quickly agreed to the deal.

"Uh, no, no deadline. I trust you to bring it to me when you get it." Even he knew that hunting was no guarantee. He thought about it then pushed the bone toward the buyer. It would make the other hyena happy to take the bone home now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:40 am

Ubavu was in shock when the male pushed the bone towards him, before he had even made the exchange of prey beasts. He hesitated, fearing that perhaps it was a trick and the male would accuse him of stealing it if he took it now, but the male did not seem particularly vindictive.

Still, he noticeably hesitated before he bent to nudge it closer to his paws. He paused, to watch the male again, waiting for him to call out his distress at being 'robbed' but when he did not do so, he said quickly, "I will bring the beasts to your den as soon as I am able. On my honour." He then snatched the bone up and retreated quickly, as if afraid he would be chased down for his 'purchase'.

He was happy though.

He had spoken to another hyena, without ridicule or harassment, and he had achieved his objective to make Korosi happy. And what made Korosi happy, would make Hamea happy, and to see his birds happy...well that was all that Ubavu wanted in life.

Velveteen Angel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:27 pm
Velveteen Angel
fin! Thank you! *squish hugs*

It almost pleased him to loose the bone at the clear shock on his buyer's face. As if he wasn't sure Nuing would really give it to him before payment had been paid. The brown male nodded his head as the other slowly took possession of the bone. It truly helped to know that his bone was going to good use and would be appreciated.

"Thank you," he replied, sure that he could soon look forward to new bones in his collection. Nuing watched the other male pick up then walk off. Maybe he'd come back some time just to talk or sit with Nuing in the sun. He'd love to hear how the bird liked the bone.

[IC] Mava'Bunda Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games