Kunle was looking for Bik. They had met the other day and since then Kunle hadn’t been able to get her out of his head. She had seemed charming and kind and he just wanted to know more about her. He felt bad now when he was on patrol all he was doing was thinking of Bik it was making it so he was getting less of his job done, or so he thought anyways.

He was searching in the heart of the pack for the pale wild dog, without much luck of course. For someone who was suppose to have keen observation skills he was currently failing.

Bik was looking for Kunle as coincidence would have it. Except she was on the edge of the pride assuming that Kunle would be out on patrol. Kunle struck her as the type to take his job very very seriously. She had become somewhat obsessed with the red male. It was silly really she barely knew him and for all she knew he wasn’t interested in settling down or having a family but she had to do her due diligence and at least find him and talk to him.

She was pretty sure she had walked almost the entire perimeter of the pack now and there was no sign of Kunle, either he was out there and walking in the same direction as her and they just hadn’t crossed paths or he was in the heart of the pack. She sat for a minute weighing her options.

Kunle huffed in frustration. Where was she? He had searched all over the place and he was pretty sure that other members in the pack were starting to look at him like he was crazy. He hadn’t really told anyone else about Bik, it was a little early to be saying anything they had only just met, and it was just a brief encounter really.

Deciding that she couldn’t possibly be in the pack’s heart she began to slowly work his way out. He wasn’t sure which of the ways out of the pack he should take. He could easily take the wrong route and miss her. It should be easier to find wild dogs when they were within the pack, truly there was only so many places she could be.

Bik decided to just sit. If Kunle was out on the perimeter somewhere, then he would be moving. If she just sat still there was a good chance that he would come to her. In the mean time Bik had to figure out what exactly she was going to say to Kunle when she saw him.

She figured there was two options, she could beat around the bush and be coy about it all. However she took the second option seemed like a better idea, she was going to just come out and tell him. She wanted to court him, get to know him and if all things went well... marry him and have his pups... yea that wasn’t too forward or anything.

Kunle moved along the path on the way out of the pack. He wasn’t sure what he was going to do to find her. He figured his best bet was to walk along to the different places where he knew there was berries growing, that is what he had found her doing the first time they had met, and she was a gatherer chances are if she was out here that is what she would be doing.

Kunle made it to the end of the trail he had been walking and looked left and right trying to decide which direction he was going to go. It was during his pondering that he saw her, the pale white and green wild dog that he had been looking for sitting not too far in the distance. Excitedly he jumped and trotted in her direction. “BIK” he called out when he thought he was close enough for her to hear him.

Bik jumped when she heard her name being shouted. She turned and looked all around. Just in the distance she saw Kunle coming towards her. She couldn’t believe her good luck! And it would seem that the red male had been looking for her as well. She jumped to her feet and headed in his direction trying her best not to run at full speed and look desperate.

“Kunle” Bik greeted him kindly, she couldn’t believe after all the searching she had done now the wild dog was sitting before her. Of course now she was also getting cold feet. I was looking for you!” she finally blurted out.

Kunle slowed his pace as the female wild dog made her way towards him. He was happy that his mission had been a success! And she did seem quite happy to see her, things were looking pretty good for the male. “Why hello there” he greeted her in the smoothest voice he had.

“You were looking for me?” Kunle was honestly surprised at this, he also found it shocking that it had been so hard to find her since she had also been looking for him. He could feel the his grin growing on his face, “And might I ask why you were looking for me?” He had his hopes as to what the answer might be but who knew what the female wild dog wold say.

Bik kept her smile but it felt like butterflies were dancing in her stomach. She wanted to tell Kunle but she was afraid that once she announced her feelings that she migh scare off the only friend she had made in the pack so far..

“Well I was looking for you because..” she trailed off while she was trying to gain the nerves she needed to say the next part. “Well because I had such a great time the other day and well, I thought maybe you’d like to, I don’t know take me out on a date?” It sounded completely ridiculous but Bik had gotten it out now all she had to do was brace herself for the males response.

Kunle was surprised at what Bik said, but in a good way. Now that he knew that she liked him he was overjoyed. He felt less silly about having such strong feelings for her without really knowing her that well.

“That sounds great Bik, I’ll pick you up tonight. Right after sunset, I am going to show you a great time.” He told her. Before she really had a chance to respond he turned and trotted off, he only had a few hours to plan everything and get ready.

Bik sat stunned at how everything had played out. She was pleasantly shocked at how Kunle had taken her announcement. And he was going to take her out... tonight? She wasn’t really sure what he would have planned but the pale wild dog decided she best get back to the heart of the pride so she could get ready. She wished she had a female friend to talk to, she was so excited and had no one to share it with. All in good time though she thought. She would make more friends soon enough.