Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:58 pm
User Image

Aquila sometimes enjoyed meandering the lands. It was not as simple a task to her as one might think- she always had purpose. But to an outsider, she may appear to be one simply wandering the sandy expanse that was the home of the Firekin. To the lioness, though, she was examining everything with hawk-like precision, observing and committing to memory the landscapes before her.

Today, though, would have been a special trip, if she had been the sentimental sort. Today her paws had led her towards the area where rogues frequently appeared on the borders, itching for a fight to make their way in. She had made her way here absentmindedly, her consciousness too busy taking in the landscape. When she realized where she was, she let out a rare chuckle. "My subconscious must be itching for a good fight," a smile cracked her muzzle, one of anticipation of a good trial. Her blue eyes scanned the horizon for a rogue who may be seeking her as well.

Tara de Draiocht
A lot of the duels I've done have a typical greeting post from both characters, then we roll. :3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:08 pm
User Image Her nose flared as she took in the sight and sounds of those around her current position. She had been running hard and fast for at least an hour now. Though one couldn't tell by Damia's calm breathing and relaxed body. Years of running made her body toned. The hard run had been all worth it as she took in the Firekin lands. She knew where she was because of the sand. That is what a passer-buyer had told her. Apparently, someone patrolled the borders for rogues in case of protection or those that wanted to enter. It was the same in every other pride she had come across. The dueling was different though and she hoped she was accepted or won. Failing was not an option. She wanted to belong and she wanted to stay strong. Firekin was for her.

Damia's ear flickered at the sound of a female voice up ahead. She let out a nervous gush of air before making her face blank. She could do this, was her last thought before stepping in front of the other lion. "I would like to request a challenge for entry!"

Light Atago
okeedokes!

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Light Atago generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:20 pm
Aquila's ear twitched at the sound of another. It had not been her eyes to detect the rogue, but her ears. She turned to face the stranger- black and white with emerald eyes, in which she could see the burning desire she had felt once herself- an understanding that this was where you belonged, and that there would be nothing to prevent you from joining- nothing to be in your way.

She listened to the other's call across the sands and gave a slight nod, though her expression did not change. "Very well then, I shall test you." That was the last warning she gave before moving to action- a real battle would not warrant words, so she was being generous, she thought. Aquila closed the distance between them as quickly as she could and made a sweep for the other lioness' legs, hoping to knock her off balance. The attack did not carry as much energy as she had intended it to, but… well, hopefully it would connect.

Tara de Draiocht
Tag~

Tara de Draiocht generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:33 pm
Damia inwardly sighed in relief but remained cool as well as calm on the outside. That was a lot easier then she thought it would be to try for entry. No sooner were those words spoken the other female attacked. If Damia had not been keeping her health and skills up to par she would have felt that blow to the legs. Well, it did nick but not too damaging. Just as quick she returned a blow of her own aiming for the others butt. She didn't want to kill the other female afterall, she just wanted entrance. At worst it would be hard for the other female to sit for a few days. "Nice moves." Damia commented not breathing hard at all. She was actually enjoying this little sparing match.
Light Atago
Tag!

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:35 pm
Aquila felt the attack connect, but not with the power she had hoped. Her straight face turned just slightly downward in disappointment with herself. Her mind was reeling already, how had she missed that blow? How had she gone wrong? Every training session, every spar, every duel, she criticized herself harshly, both during and after the fight. She would not have time for too much analysis now, she had a duel to win, and a rogue to send back into training… Or, she might have an actual Firekin on her paws.

The other had aimed a blow to her flank and it had connected. Aqui had been swinging around, so it also had not been as powerful as it should have been, but it still made a cut. In an odd way, Aquila sort of enjoyed the pain. It reminded her of the life coursing through her veins, and it fanned the flames.

Aquila picked up the pace in her turn-around and attempted to use the momentum to slam into the other's ribs with her shoulder. It would be a blow that would certainly stagger someone should it connect properly, but it might be inaccurate because of the sheer power behind her whole body she was putting into it.

"You're not half bad- either!" she said, the last word falling when she should land the blow.

Tara de Draiocht
((Tag! Sorry I'm a bit late. :3 I'll be spotty on the weekend here. :3))

Tara de Draiocht generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:36 pm
Damia's lips tweaked up a little bit as she saw her hit land. She didn't have time to enjoy her successful hit. "Oof!" Damia let out a gasp in part pain and part shock. Ow. That would hurt tomorrow for sure, her poor ribs. Shaking off the pain she nodded at the other female in acknowledgement. "Thanks, I've been working on my form. It's nice to have someone to practice it on instead of just attacking trees, stones, and things." This was all said with a serious expression on her face. She was taking this all in semi-somberness and a bit of seriousness.

As she circled the female she spoke," My name is Damia by the way." Damia tried to find areas of weakness on her opponents body. Maybe Damia would try to knock the other lioness down like her opponent had tried to do at the beginning of their fight. She didn't have much experience and she hoped to learn a lot more if she was lucky enough to get accepted into the pride.

Light Atago
tag sorry i had to go check something out; paranoia -_- evil thing.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:41 pm
Aquila was pleased with the result of her ram, but it had put distance between them, she was out of range for another blow when the rogue spoke. "I understand the feeling. It's good to have someone to work with," she said, not quite as flat as she usually would have. Aquila was not a chatty lioness, far from it. But for whatever reason, she did not mind responding to Damia at this moment, as she started to circle too.

Aquila analyzed so far the duel- not her own moves, but those of the rogue. She would be determining if this lioness had what it took to get to hold the title of Firekin, if she would be a good addition to the pride, and whether she would be led in or chased off. She had done well so far, and frankly, Aquila was surprised that she had managed her ramming as well as she had. She kept her balance well, and did not complain or whine about the pain. As she gave her name, Aquila gave a curt nod and responded, "Aquila. If you have what it takes, Damia, the Firekin will sharpen your skills even further." She had put particular emphasis on the first part of that statement- If you have what it takes… What would be the effect of those words? She started to circle tighter, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

Tara de Draiocht
Taggity!

Tara de Draiocht generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:51 pm
Damia tilted her head in acknowledgement while still circling. "Nice name. Yeah usually I'm by myself it will be good for me to have another to practice-" Damia watched as the other came closer and closer. She tensed before tackling the other female and pinned her down. "-with." She squirmed around with Aquila trying to get the upper hand. A small smile broke out on her face at the success that was the tackle, but if one were to look it would appear to be a grimace rather than a smile. That had been both luck and skill, it would seem these lessons were beneficial. " Fun." Play fighting would appear to be at the same level of enjoyment as running.

Light Atago
tag! (added more words)

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Light Atago generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:52 pm
Damia's tackle came quickly, Aquila had little time to react. She had begun to make the motions to sidestep, but she was not quick enough and found herself in the uncomfortable position of back-down in the sand. A good pin, but how long could the rogue hold it? It was a good test for a rogue, Aquila struggled and squirmed in the ways she had known as a rogue. She would reserve the technique for escaping a pin taught to her by the Firekin for a greater emergency, the light lioness personally considered that move a "trade secret." She did not speak, but tried feigning tiredness for just enough moments to possibly fool the other before giving a turn with the greatest strength she had, meanwhile aiming a bite at Damia's paw… Her range of motion was restricted, but she may as well try.

Tara de Draiocht
Tag! Sorry for lateness, weekends are hard for me to respond on… XDDD;;;

Tara de Draiocht generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:55 pm
The other lioness sure wasn't making this easy, but Damia held firm. Damia noted the slow weakening of the others body and was glad for it in a way. She hoped that all would go well and that she would pass. The firekin looked like it was a worthy pride to live the rest of her days in. Not that rogue was a horrible place, it was just nice to work as a team instead of one on one. Plus she could put her speed to some use. The pin had be successful, maybe it was time now to ask if she was worthy enough to enter. She started to loosen her body a little bit in order to speak.

Light Atago
tag

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Light Atago generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:57 pm
Aquila continued her struggling, but it was not long before the thought re-occurred to her… She was not in a life-or-death struggle, she was not truly in this to win- well, not in her usual amount. She was fighting with this lioness to judge her strength, intellect, and overall capability. With her own back pinned firmly to the sand, she had done just that, and this lioness had proven her worth as Aqui herself once had long ago.

"Enough!" she said firmly, though for herself with a bit more color than normal. She pushed more gently on the lioness above her as a symbol that the duel was over, and that a decision had been reached. Aquila dusted herself off quite briefly before speaking. "You're quite the fighter, Damia- your skills are admirable. I would be glad to call you a fellow Firekin," she said sagely, standing up straight and as tall as she personally could muster. "I hope to duel with you again," she said with a glint in her eye as she turned to walk Damia into the lands.

Tara de Draiocht
I AM SUCH A TERRIBLE PERSON crying tag…

Tara de Draiocht generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:57 pm
Damia had done it! In shock she stayed still panting lightly as she took in her victory. The idea of winning the challenge and getting accepted into the pride was… fantastic! The first and only time she entered a pride—success! A proud small smile creeped up on her muzzle. She of course had so much to learn but for now she would take in this victory and celebrate accordingly!

Damia was jerked out of her thoughts by a firm commanding voice. "Thank you for those kind words." She bowed her head in acknowledgement. "I hope so as well." She followed a step behind with a deep breath.

This was it!
Light Atago
Thanks for the RP!
FIN.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items