User Image User Image
How long had it been since that fateful day his parents had died? Many now it seems. The pupil had now become the teacher as he was now of proper age to finally take the pack over. He had learned many things over the months and now here he was, a young adult, eager and ready to move onto the next step. Even possibly a mate. He had his eye on their neighboring packs daughter, Abidemi. She had captivated him ever since their first encounter at the star gazer pack all those months ago and he would like to see what Naveen thought about him asking Mezi for her paw. He was sure she wouldn't object at all. She was all about souls finding their counterparts. He was sure he had found his with her. He paced back and forth slightly as he thought about how he might bring it up to her, though he was sure she probably already knew how he felt about Demi. It wasn't hard to see how he looked at her, and she him. It made him smile thinking about it. He glanced up and he felt his stomach jump to this throat as he caught sight of that familiar grey form with violet eyes padding his way. 'Here goes nothing.' He rarely every referred to Naveen as Mother so calling her by name was always something he commonly did. "Good Afternoon Naveen. How are we doing today?" He gave her a bow of his head as she came nearer.

My how that boy had grown. It seemed only yesterday that her and Adolfo had agreed to parent him since his own family was gone. She knew that once he took over her needs would no longer be necessary, but it wasn't something that she fretted about to much. He had something on his mind, that much she was sure of, but what. He was growing into that age where many things were changing and she believed she had a notion as to why it was he wished to talk to her today, but she was going to wait and see what he had to say. She padded down the stony path towards the gold and white canvas that seemed so nervous and she smiled as he looked up and greeted her warmly. "Good Afternoon Xanthus. I am doing quite well, and yourself?" She took a seat nearby him and she looked out across the scenery and returned her calmful gaze back towards the lad. Surely he would have out with it soon. She was anxious to hear what he had to say.

He swallowed and sat down and swallowed once more. Did it seem really warm today? He was parched it seemed suddenly and he gave a sheepish grin. "I'm doing well. I'm pleased to know you are alright." He took in a breath and told himself to be calm and remember that it was no big deal. Just ask. "As you know I am going to be taking over as the Pack Leader now that I am of age and with that comes certain responsibilities and obligations." His nervousness began to fade as he began to state himself proudly, much as any leader would do. "As you know the Watembezi'Mto and ourselves, the Tangambili are neighboring packs and have so far been peaceful between one another. I don't foresee any future conflicts between the two but I have a proposition regardless that would prevent such a thing from ever happening." He took a breath and let it out. Here it comes. "I wish to join the two packs in a bond of matrimony between one of Mezi's daughters and myself to forever seal the two packs together by not only kinship but by blood as well." He glanced over at her and hoped for the best.

Naveen sat and she listened as the young lad before her turned into an Adult and she couldn't help but contain the smile that formed upon her face and she quickly stifled it so that he might not see. She figured that this might be the reason for his wanting to talk. She'd have to get ahold of the Alpha and let her know that Xanthus wished to speak with her. She saw no issues with what he wanted to do and actually found it to be quite a rather brilliant idea. Why not bond two packs in such a way? It was definitely a grand idea. "I think that is a very wise decision. I shall let her know of your intentions to speak with her this evening if you like and I shall let you know when she will be wiling to talk with you." She continued to contain the emotions that wanted to burst out behind her mug and she was so thrilled that this young pup was finally taking a stand and branching out. He was going to make a fine leader.

He felt a huge weight seem to lift off of his shoulders when she spoke and he gave her a nod and then gave her a hug before backing up once more. "Thank you so much Mother. I'm glad that you agree. I shall see you again tonight." With that he turned and he left, preparing himself for how he would introduce the Idea to the neighboring packs Alpha female.

Naveen was shocked when he called her by Mother, as it was something he rarely did and she was even more surprised when she was presented with a brief hug before he trotted away to go about his things. She couldn't help but feel her heart melt for she truly loved that pup as she would any that had come from her very loins. She swallowed and she gave him a nod and she knew she must make her way over to talk to the Alpha next door. She truly was a pleasant soul and she didn't foresee this going too horribly wrong, if wrong at all. She believed it to be a fine match, Xanthus and one of the daughters. She was sure she had an Idea of which one it was too. Abidemi, she was most certain it was that orange pup that had him so nervous. They had spent some time together and she had recalled them as little pups at the star gazer pack event all those months ago. Yes, those two would make a fine pair, of that she was certain and had no doubt. She stood up and she stretched and she gave a smile as she turned and made her way towards their neighbors. Oh what a glorious winter this was going to be.

Seaki
1120 Words