Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Asking for Help [Mia/Marcy]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:10 am
Marcy stood outside the door, staring at it. The reaper dorms were different than the ghost...yet somehow the same. Doors, really were pretty much the same. But it still felt different. Marcy didn't even know if she should really BE in the dormitory, since she wasn't a reaper. But she was here, and no one had stopped her from entering.

She'd inquired after her friend, Mia. Well, more of asked some nice reaper in the common room where she might find her. The boil had been very helpful, looking up said information and sending her in the right direction. Which had led her to this point.

She wasn't exactly hesitating. Not really nervous. A little, maybe. She just...wasn't sure if Mia would be able to help her. Though, surely she WOULD be able to. Mia was very wise.

Taking a moment to shift her concentration, the poltergeist raised her hand to knock on the door. A light knock.

In her other hand, the ghost clutched a large book.

[A.V.]
Apologies for typos. >> /going to sleep now

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:57 pm
Not being a designated race for a certain dorm had certainly never stopped Mia before, considering how many times she had gone to demon dorms to look for a certain boil... but that was neither here nor there, and she was occupied with better things than boils, like... trying to catch up in her studies. The affair had caused her to fall behind quite a bit, and she was ashamed that she, supposedly an A+ student had let herself get distracted by such petty things.

And so, she had been looking over what little notes she had taken, and debating which class she should get back into when she heard a knock, and lifted her head.
A guest? She rarely if ever had anyone visit her. Perhaps, it was...

With a fleeting hope, she quickly got up and dashed to the door, stopping for a moment to make sure her hair was neat and presentable, as well as the rest of her, and then, with a composed posture, she opened the door.

GrnGriff

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:56 pm
Mia was greeted by Marcy's smiling face. She was in!

"Hello, Mia," she said it just cheerfully as etiquette would require. Or perhaps a little more cheery than that. She really didn't know what etiquette required just right then. Surely enthusiastic friendliness was good.

"How are you?" She waited just a beat before continuing, "Do you have some free time? I was wondering if you could help me with something."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:16 pm
It wasn't that she was unhappy to see the ghost ghoul, it was just... she had been expecting someone else.
Mia frowned, though ever so slightly, as she quickly recomposed herself, and greeted Marcy with a smile.

"Ah, hello Marcy. Fancy seeing you here."
Her eyes trailed to the book under the ghoul's arm as the other spoke.
"But of course! What do you need help with?"

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:35 pm
Marcy wondered for a fleeting moment about what could be wrong with the reaper, but then it passed when Mia smiled. Marcy was really only concerned with one thing right at that moment anyway.

"I found this book," she held it up, "but I'm having some trouble with some of what it says. But it sounds very, very interesting." Her eyes all but sparkled. "You see, it talks about a place I'd like to visit, and I think it tells me how to get there. But... I don't know what it's talking about."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:47 pm
Really, it was rather impractical for her to expect... him to visit her, and she chided herself for thinking such a thing, but the presence of the young ghoul, while unexpected, was a pleasant surprise.

"Oh?"
Marcy already had her attention at "book".
"Let's take a look at it then, shall we?"

She stepped aside to allow the ghoul into her room, because surely, they weren't going to read it out in the hall like that, were they?"

GrnGriff

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:39 pm
Marcy was beaming as she stepped into the room. Mia would know how to help her. How she could have doubted the older, wiser, more sophisticated ghoul was beyond Marcy. Though, she hadn't really doubted. Perhaps she had just been more afraid of a no.

However, Mia had agreed. So, practically glowing with excitement (or was that just her normal glow?) Marcy stepped into the room and right on over to the desk. The book, large and heavy that it was, was plopped right down on top of whatever was there. Marcy was really excited, she was having trouble remembering to be proper.

"See," she began, opening the book to the page she had marked with a lovely red piece of ribbon, "It sounds like there is this museum. A really, really neat museum." She pointed to the page and looked at Mia.

"It sounds amazing, but," she turned the page once, twice, three times, "This," she pointed to a paragraph, "Says the way to get there is lost."

She turned the page again. "But then there is this." There were a bunch of notes scribbled in the blank space at the chapters end. "It almost sounds like directions, but... I don't understand it. Do you?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:11 pm
But of course. Mia embodied all those qualities and more. That, and she couldn't possibly turn down her cute little apprentice. Yes, Marcy had just earned her spot as Mia's unfortunate sidekick.

Part of her did wonder how such a fragile-looking ghoul carried such a heavy book, as she blinked it surprised when it hit the table with a heavy thump.
"A museum?"
The reaper came closer, inspecting the book with mild curiousity.
"It does seem quite... intriguing."
A marvelous museum, painted with white and gold, a place housing items called "artifacts". Surely it was a place grand and wonderful, and one befitting of someone such as herself. She read on.
"Hmm, it says... there is a portal to this place, though somewhat finicky. The best chance to find one is... to wait in the Weeping Forest."

Intriguing or not, the Weeping Forest was not a place she fancied being in, especially for who knows how long while waiting for such portal to pop up.
But still... artifacts...

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:38 pm
Marcy would never admit it, but it was a relief to put the book down. She no longer needed to concentrate on holding it, silly heavy thing that it was.

"It sound lovely, doesn't it? Like it's full of all kinds of treasure!" The very idea of a beautiful place full of beautiful and amazing treasures really appealed to the little ghost, though she had no idea why. "That's why I want to go. I want to see it with my own eyes." The whole notion of artifacts was beyond her.

She let Mia read, looking very much like a puppy awaiting her reward. Her reward, of course, would be the knowledge of how to go to this wonderful place. "Yes! I read that. But... I'm not sure what it means by portal. And not being able to find one all the time? That seems very strange to me. And... I have no idea where or what the Weeping Forest is." If someone had told her, she had forgotten.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:40 pm
"Quite lovely indeed," she murmured, already fantasizing about the riches and spoils they'd come across. Surely something suiting and befitting of someone like her.
"Ah, learning from experience is the best example. While books supply us with much knowledge, there is only so much you can do with it until you put it to use."
Though she said this, there were some things... better off. It being experienced. But grudgingly, she supposed it did... help her grow in a way.

"Ah. A portal. Well... it's like a gateway into another place. Sometimes it can be easily disguised as a door, leading into another place," she gestures towards her own door. "Or it can less tangible and quite evident. Quite literally, a disturbance in space that leads to another location. If you see one, you'll be able to tell. As for the Weeping Forest..."
She turned to look out her window.
"It's not too far from here. Personally, I've never been there, but it shouldn't be far to find."

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:57 pm
"Yes," she agreed. So lovely and full of wonders.

"That makes sense." Marcy was nodding now. She did have a better time remembering things that had actually happened over what she simply read. It was something she'd noticed early on in her short existence.

Listening to people was somewhere in between reading and experiencing when it came to learning. If she was very attentive, information was much easier to retain, she'd found. She wondered if it was like that for everyone. Or well, she would have, if she weren't so intent on listening to Mia right then. "Ooooh, like a door?" Wonder was evident in her tone. Doors or even just... disturbances in space? She might not have been entirely sure what that meant, but Mia did say it was easy to spot. Marcy wondered what they looked like. Before she got around to asking, Mia was continuing.

Marcy followed her gaze, looking out the window. "Really? Oh, wow! What luck! Which way is it?" All she had to do was get to the forest, then look for a portal-door to the museum. That sounded easy.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:34 pm
Some were listeners. Some were doers. Some, followers. Some, leaders. Mia, of course, fell in the latter category, so of course, she nodded when Marcy soaked in every word she said, appreciating that the ghoul was being attentive. It made explaining much easier.
"Yes, very much so. It may make a bit more sense when you see one."

Though she liked to seem intelligible, she had... never gone to Weeping Forest, so she wasn't sure exactly which way. Not that... she'd admit that.
Instead, she put her hands on her hips and smiled.
"Instead of saying which way, how about we go find it ourselves?"

GrnGriff

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:00 pm
"Oh, okay," Marcy said. She thought she might understand it...maybe. A little. It was reassuring to know Mia knew what she was talking about. She hoped the reaper ghoul would be kind enough to show her exactly what to look for. Marcy really didn't want to miss the portal-door.

Marcy would have been flabbergasted to hear Mia didn't know something. It would not have shaken her faith in the older ghoul, but it would have made the information of where to find the Weeping Forest seem even more legendary than Marcy could have thought.

Fortunately, this quest did not seem impossible right then, because Mia was taking charge and seemed to know just what to do. Marcy's eyes seemed to twinkle again. Her ghost glow was betraying her happiness. "That would be wonderful! I... would be honored to have you accompany me. Thank you, Mia!"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:00 pm
"Seeming" and "actually knowing" were two very different things, but "having absolute faith and confidence in your own abilities despite not knowing anything" was also a thing, and she wasn't planning on letting her cute little protege think less of her. Not that... she would. It she had a reputation to uphold. That, and she was pretty sure it really wasn't that hard to find. Really.
"Weeping woods". Surely it meant weeping willows, or something of the sort.

"But of course. I am always eager to help a bright young mind like you."
She walked over to the door and opened it, waiting for the ghost to follow her before closing it and locking it shut.
"Let's head to the school gates and take it from there."

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:12 pm
Marcy had nothing but faith in Mia's abilities and knowledge. "You are so helpful, Miss Mia," Marcy said. "Okay!"

Marcy was all but jittering with excitement as they headed out.

[A.V.]
And then I fell asleep right after getting home from work. >>

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces