.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[CHAL] Yu're Gonna Feel That In The Morning! [Mahewa vs. Yu]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
ShinosBee rolled 5 4-sided dice: 3, 2, 4, 1, 1 Total: 11 (5-20)

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:44 pm
User Image VS. User Image

Well, this was new. Usually the rough old lion dealt with lions seeking to join the Stormborn, not this. Females were rarer, of course, but not unusually so. No, what made this a bit strange was her age. The female was clearly not full grown yet, but she'd wanted a fight all the same. Dimly he realized he might be expected to go easy...nah. Gods take that. He'd never gone easy on anyone, and it was the only way to get the truth of it. "You're sure you want to do this then?" He'd not hurt her of course. Not really. But better to be sure.

"I won't give you a pass just because you're a little thing, girl. I can try not to scratch up that pretty face but..." He shrugged a big, bulky shoulder. Injuries happened. If she wanted to reave she'd best be content with glory, not beauty. "Last chance to back out. But if you do, I wouldn't stick around." She wouldn't be the first aspiring reaver to instead find themselves stuck in the thrall dens.

Meepfur
I didn't know how she'd have approached him, but often reavers are insulting soooo if she gets a bit mad that's okay. If not that's okay too!

Meepfur rolled 5 4-sided dice: 3, 4, 3, 2, 3 Total: 15 (5-20)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:02 pm
"If I weren't sure, I wouldn't ********' be here," Yu responded without hesitation, a very slight hint of cheer in the reply despite its crudeness. She always took a certain amount of joy in being an a**, and it was even more entertaining when she was being as a** back to someone. It was even more like a game then.

The spotted adolescent made an exaggerated point of examining and flexing her claws, looking like she had not a care in the world. Back out? Ha! She'd have him eating dirt and blood in no time, she knew it. "Scratch my face? You can try if you want, old man. I see someone already beat me to scratching yours. Think there's room for a few more?"

But she wasn't here just to trade insults, she was here to fight, and so she leapt, aiming right for that ugly face of his.

ShinosBee
She'll insult him right back! Ha.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:43 pm
He snorted at her crude response, reminded heartily of his first mate. This one was near as small as she'd been then, so long ago, and just as full of fire. Ah, if only he were a younger lion... No matter. He had thrall a and wives aplenty now. Nothing to mope over. "Always room for more scars," He said it like it was the obvious thing - to him it was. Scars were glory written in your fur. Battles won and foes survived. If she have as good as she talked no doubt he'd be nursing a new one after tonight. That was alright. He wasn't totally gray yet, and he welcomed her to try, the saucy little minx.

"Come and see if you can find a spot to cut your teeth on old Mahewa's pelt, hmm? Maybe it'll help break loose some of those baby milk ones and we can get you growing real fangs in time to challenge me again next summer!"

Her leap was quick, but he had easily three or four times her experience. Of course the young were hasty and any with a brain would know to go for speed when outclassed in size and weight. He turned a flank as she charged, broadsiding her, meaning to slap her away like a pestering fly before she got a good hold. He felt the drag of claws through his fur, but the damage done either way was like as not to be negligible.

meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:23 pm
Scars were something Yu was in short supply of, and what she did have was little more than a nick here and there from a handful of scraps, marks over which her fur would likely grow back sooner or later. Nothing lasting, nothing real. Being an adolescent - a stereotypical one in many ways - she attributed this lack of serious wounds thus far to her presumed awesomeness. Not that she would object to a good facial scar, something that looked badass but avoided maiming. She really did like having two functional eyes.

"Next summer?" There was a necessary pause in her retort, punctuated by a grunt as she all but smacked into the larger lion when he turned, preventing her from doing any satisfying damage. "You'll be dead of old age by then!"

Cut her teeth, huh? Fine. Yu chomped at him, looking to get herself a good mouthful of any part of her opponent that she could.

She wasn't picky.

ShinosBee

Meepfur
Vice Captain

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:37 pm
This time Yu's efforts weren't in vain. She might not like the sensation of a mouth full of fur, but she got one regardless, and some blood too. A satisfying (to her ears, probably) snarl slid from the older male, and he twisted to yank himself free, leaving more than a few little chunks of flesh behind.

"Don't sound so sad about it!" He snapped back, circling wide for the moment, "The bards will sing my glory, and you can tell all you know of how you lost to me as they celebrate!" He WAS old, that was true. Ideally though he'd not be pushing up daisies any time soon. He enjoyed his life far too much, with all the fighting and mating and trading insults.

He was already forming his opinion on the girl too. She gave decently well, though they'd fight a while longer. Her attitude was just right, and thank the gods females were allowed to reave again. She'd be a waste as a freeborn.

Provided she had the stamina to keep going!

meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:01 pm
That taste of another lion's fur was never pleasant, and she didn't like to think about it - who knew where he'd been? - but fighting wasn't supposed to be pleasant. The taste of blood and the snarl, though, those she enjoyed, and were worth the mild 'gross' factor of the little bits of her opponent's flesh that she spat out while he circled. Yu made it a point to make a face about it, curling her lips in distaste and hacking.

"Ha, there won't be anything to tell! Only way I'm going to lose is if your rotten meat kills me." This time, the adolescent waited for him to make his own move, curious as to what it would be.

ShinosBee

Meepfur
Vice Captain

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:37 pm
Meepfur

He snorted at her continued brashness. Yes, she'd do just fine. He seemed to take a step as if to continue circling, but in the same motion instead surged towards her - a feint it'd been, and he reared up, meaning to come in from above and use his weight to bear down upon her. "I've won more fights and sired more children than you've dreamed of, youngling! Most females would line up at my den to sample this 'rotten old meat', it's you that's got no taste!" He jibed, clearly teasing.

Of course, if she'd seemed interested in that sort of thing, he'd have made no qualms about it. He wasn't a picky fellow, and she WAS lovely. And feisty! He really was likely too old though. Ah, youth was so well wasted on the young!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:36 pm
"Ugh!" Yu pulled another face, this one even more disgusted than the last, though the quip that went with it had to wait, as she did not want to be squashed under the weight of the tough old lion (okay, squashed was probably an exaggeration, but still). Rather than scuttle out of the way, however, she decided it would be infinitely more interesting to try something different than the obvious - and wise - 'get the hell out of the way' strategy.

While he came in from above, she ducked underneath him to try to shoulder up into his underbelly and knock him off balance. "That's not a mental image that I needed!"

He really wasn't that objectionable. He was tough and scarred up and entertaining, even if he was old by the adolescent's standards.

ShinosBee

Meepfur
Vice Captain

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:55 am
He was a bit surprised when she came rushing up to meet him, and the shoulder into his softer belly wasn't exactly enjoyable. Still, he had the sense to fight to come down atop her - her maneuver did off-center him enough to not squarely crush her though. He swung a big old paw as he landed, aiming a flat-padded slap for her chest to shove her away.

"Me thinks the lady doth protest too much," He grinned, winking and then laughing. "I'd apologize, but I never apologize for the truth!"

He, of course, would never peruse someone clearly uninterested. But pursuing and teasing were two different things.

meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:23 pm
Yu just barely managed to squeak out from beneath him before she ended up well and truly under him, but she wasn't quick enough to avoid the heavy whack that came her way after. In retaliation, she snapped at the offending paw.

"I think you shoul be thinking less," she commented, "And fighting more. Is doing two things at once too much for you?"

In truth, she wasn't not interested...she just had to always be a pain in the a**. About everything.

ShinosBee

Meepfur
Vice Captain

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:38 am
With a snort he tore his paw out of her maw - that was going to smart later! - and stepped back with a smile. "True, true. But I think I've seen enough," He rumbled, looking ten kinds of pleased. "You're clearly meant to be here among us. Unless you're too intimidated now, that is!" She burst into hearty laughter, stepping partly aside as if to unbar her way into the pride's heartlands. "Come on then. I'll tell you what to expect, and we'll find you a den." He winked at that, then laughed again. Ah but it was good to pretend to be young again! She'd done very well, and would grow into a fine reaver, if that was her wish. He hoped it was!

((That should do for her! biggrin Yaaay she put up with him well. XDDD))

Meepfur

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff