Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[CHAL] Talking to Myself (Phosphor x Mahewa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
SilverLutz rolled 5 4-sided dice: 1, 4, 1, 3, 2 Total: 11 (5-20)

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:05 pm
User Image Phosphor paused as he reached the border of the Stormborn lands. He took a deep breath of the air and smiled just a bit. The land here was very different from what he was used to, and the air was much cooler as they were close to the sea. He liked it, though, and let his claws dig into the dirt beneath his paws.

"Well?" he asked no one in particular. "What do you think? I like the looks of it." Phosphor paused as if listening to someone speak, and chuckled after a few moments of silence. "Ah...well, we haven't seen anyone yet, I suppose. Now let's see...perhaps I should make us known."

He cleared his throat and tilted his head back, giving a roar of challenge to any Reaver who might be nearby. Phosphor wasn't one to fight without reason, but he knew a duel was important here to impress the Stormborn to allow him in. He'd do his best without trying to hurt the Reaver that came to answer his call. They had never done anything to him, after all.  
ShinosBee rolled 5 4-sided dice: 4, 3, 1, 2, 1 Total: 11 (5-20)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:14 pm
User Image

Mahewa'd been having a lovely dream. He was frankly not a young lion any more, and more and more he found himself delighted to spend his free time drowsing in his den. Preferably with a full belly and one or two females to keep him warm. That didn't mean that he couldn't still put the pain to anyone who dared scoff at his graying face, of course, but more that he no longer had to go charging about like some wild thing with the fire in his blood at all waking moments.

The roar woke him, and put him in a frankly grouchy mood. He'd chosen a den nearer to the borders because he'd never been one to hesitate when he wanted to go roam and raid, or sow wild oats. Of course, that meant that now and then some upstart youngster wanting to come fight for them ended up at his door. With a curse and a grunt the aging behemoth found his paws and came spilling out of the den's rocky maw like a small tidal wave of dark fur. He stretched and yawned, flashing teeth, before he snorted and gave a look at the other lion. Maybe a good fight. Maybe not. Hard to say until they got into it, though there was something nagging at him. The kid almost looked sort of familiar.

Ah well. There'd be time for life stories later. If the kid could hold his own.

ShinosBee

Nerd

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:24 pm

Phos didn't have to wait long to see his challenger. He smiled at the larger male as he came forward, holding his ground until he was close enough to speak to.

"Hello," he said, his tail flicking back and forth. "I'd like to join your pride, so I believe I need to spar with someone. I do hope you're all right with that." For a demon - or ex-demon as the case was now - he was very polite. He preferred to keep to himself for the most part, but that didn't mean he was rude to others when he was around them.

He approached the dark male after speaking and reached out with his paw, claws not extended. This was the first move of the match, after all. He wasn't out for blood, just to prove himself. Of course, while the attack was weak, he had much more in store. There was no point in showing all you could do right out of the gate.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Of course, Mahewa wouldn't know the lion was an ex-demon. He'd left that pride well over a year ago, and had never really known his then-mate's family well. He wouldn't recognize his own blood if it reached out to bap him in the face.

Which it technically just had.

He leaned back from the maneuver, easily staying out of reach for the moment with an almost leisurely air of disinterest. "That's true. You've heard right. Of course, you realize a fight's not gentle love taps like that, right?" He grunted, flexing muscle beneath rippling scar tissue. "You can't fight, you'd best move on. Or you'll end up in the pride in a way you don't want to be. Come on then. Fine young male like yourself...you've got more in you than that cub's pawing, I hope,"

He'd show what was meant by a fight. Demons always wore their scars with pride, and even ex-demons could appreciate them. He'd give the kid a few more, and then if he got in they could show off for the ladies together. He could use a wingman, he half noted as he reared back with a savage sound, bringing a definitely clawed paw down in a swift but brutal lunge at the side of Phos' head, neck, and shoulder.

ShinosBee

Nerd

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:41 pm

Phosphor wasn't surprised when the scarred male ducked past his almost cub-like swat, and the vicious lunge and roar that he got in return was admittedly a shock. He felt the other male's claws tear down his body, the pain making him see red. He snarled and curled away, heart beating quickly. Before he hadn't a reason to attack, now he did. He had thought that this would be a friendly meeting of lions, a back and forth of sparring...but now he'd try harder.

"No, I was not a fighter where I came from," he said, his cheerful voice gone, replaced by something dark and laced with a growl. His green-blue eyes were mostly back now, his pupils were so dilated in pain and anger. When he was angry was when he let Asmoday rule, and when Asmoday was in charge, the claws came out. "I was, however, a punisher."

Ignoring the pain in his side, he darted forward, much faster than he had before, teeth bared in a snarl that came with both paws forward, claws out, eager to sink into the large lion before him.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:53 pm

Aha, that was more like it. The old lion'd been fully ready to turn the male right away if he'd kept up the weakling routine. No pride needed some meek little wanna-be. they needed fighters, pillagers, strong guards. And the kid was starting to rise to the occasion, if the lunge was anything to go by. Mahewa wasn't as fast as he used to be, and he snarled as his opponent's claws sank into his shoulders. He'd managed to half-rise at the same time, just enough to not take the blow to the head, but not enough to get away.

"Heh...anyone can kick a thrall. They're bred and beaten and trained not to kick back, unless they're blind stupid. We don't keep punishers here." He struck out with his own paws, giving not quite as good as he got, but enough to break them both apart for a moment. The new punctures on his shoulders wept red droplets, but he seemed not to notice. "The foes you're for won't just roll over either because you smack them around a little. Again, or go back to your punishing!" He goaded the boy.

ShinosBee

Nerd

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:01 pm

As they broke apart, Phosphor landed on the leg that had taken the brunt of the attack and growled. It hurt a lot. He wasn't used to being attacked...no one ever had back in his old pride. He had been a demon and demons were untouchable. Here that obviously wasn't the case. Still, he wouldn't let his pain beat out his pride. He wanted in, and he was getting in.

"No? Perhaps not for you," he said, moving slower this time, biding his time. This lion seemed to enjoy talking, perhaps he could use that to his advantage. He certainly wouldn't win based off brute strength alone. "For me they shall roll over like dogs and beg not to be harmed. My reputation will precede me once I am admitted here."

He finally lashed out again, this time staying low to the ground, claws aiming for the tender wrist of one of the large lion's paws.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:16 pm

He let the lion circle wide, using the time to recover strength himself. He still had ample stamina for an upstart like this, but no reason not to be smart about things. You didn't live to grow old in a life like his unless you used your head and your claws. "A thrall's worth nothing on its back, you know. You want to eat, you teach them their place and then just give the order. That or go do your own thrall-work," He scoffed. Even in his demon days he'd found there was more to be said for being firm but kind than outright cruel to a slave. Beaten slaves lasted less long, and were more likely to get desperate and fight or run.

He danced back as the male came in low, and aimed a kick at his head, focused down as it was, but neither of their blows connected. "Besides. If you have to thrash your thralls to keep them in line you're not doing a very good job, are you?" He taunted. "And you might regret that choice come the Breytast Vindar," His threat was a low growl. "And you'll have no reputation but the one I give you when this is done, boy. Best focus on beating me before you talk of thralls you've yet to claim."

ShinosBee

Nerd

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:21 pm

Phosphor dodged the kick as his own swipe missed its mark, and he pulled away with a snort. "I wasn't speaking of 'thralls', I was speaking of those I will fight." He pulled away, moving in a quick arc around the larger male so he'd lose track of him. As a punisher, he had done what had been just. If a slave misbehaved, they were punished to remind them of their place. Slaves that followed orders were wonderful. He was even friends with one. Perhaps he could find him once he joined here and make him a thrall of his own. Back in the demon pride he had said that Asta was 'his' slave, even though he had been but a cub. Now he could make it a reality. The white lion had been very obedient and their friendship was thick, so he knew he wouldn't have any problems with him, and he could keep his friend safe.

Now resolved to get in for both of their sakes, he pounced from his position behind the large male, this time aiming to land on his hind quarters to throw him off balance. All he needed was an advantage of height...if he could get him on the ground and on his back, as he had said in his little speech before hand, perhaps he could end this fight without either getting seriously injured.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:28 pm

The old male snorted as he twisted to try to keep up with the fleeter footed stripling, though he did lose track of him for a moment. A long enough moment. The sudden weight on his rump mad his back legs buckle into a squat, and he roared his displeasure at the turn of events. Of course, he wasn't like to go down easy, and he twisted as he fell, one of those same big paws swinging blindly at the enemy now on his back. He'd drag him off if he got a hold; if he could wrap his paws around him, could get atop him he'd have this. He was older and slower, but shaggier and bulkier. He could smother the newcomer into submission.

If he could get a hold. It didn't seem like to happen though, and he was forced to twist further, half onto his side to get a better angle to swing at the male. Now that Phos had clarified his intent within the pride the reaver sensed he'd about made his decision. He'd have to watch him - they watched all new freeborn of course - but maybe...

ShinosBee

Nerd

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:34 pm

Phosphor held his breath as they went down together, the larger lion twisting as he fell, going against what instinct told all cats to do. He had to wait for the perfect moment to move, using his lighter weight for as long as he could. One huge paw clawed at the air and caught his injured shoulder, and he knew he had to move. Otherwise he'd be crushed.

Using the lion's weight to his advantage, he pushed off from his opponent and sprang to his feet. In an instant he was over the male, paws on his gut, claws extended dangerously into the vulnerable area, enough to draw a few little pricks of blood but nothing that would leave lasting marks. His teeth were bared in a warning: one wrong move and he'd dig in harder. He himself was quite vulnerable, and should the larger lion attack, he'd probably end up with a broken jaw from the swat. Still, broken jaw and disembowelment versus a draw...he'd leave it up to the male to decide.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:44 pm

The old shaggy male felt the pricks at his belly before he saw what'd happened, but all that Phos got in response was a deep rumble of laughter. "That's not bad. Do that to any pirate you come up against, but make sure you really tear them," He approved, clearly. The little male had used his advantages well, but even more, had stopped short of killing. Not that Mahewa'd mind dying for his pride, but the newcomer had kept his head when provoked, and knew when best to let it end.

"Get off me then, and I'll have your name, hmm?" He could easily twist out from under Phos, but best to make sure they both knew it was done. No need to lose anything soft down there when he had a den of ladies waiting for later, hmm? "We'll have a talk about the pride too, seeing as you mean to live in it. I suppose you at least know the name of this place, hmm?"

ShinosBee

Nerd

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:49 pm
As soon as the male laughed Phosphor relaxed. Good. The fight was over. He pulled back, retracting his claws, and grimaced as he put too much weight on his injured leg. The other male had gotten him very well across his shoulder, and he was sure it would scar up a bit. Thankfully it was on the side without his pleasant little sun marking, which he was quite fond of.

"Phosphor," he said once he found a comfortable position to settle in, a little smile back on his face. "And...well, I've only heard it called the Stormborn. I'm sure it has an official name."

He had a lot to learn about this pride, he knew, but since it had a reputation for formidable lions, he knew it was the place for him to be.  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games