Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]
[PRP] The Next Best Thing (Vidar x Chakora)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:38 pm
User Image

The Uss D'mzil family were a noisome bunch. Six daughters never short reasons to argue, but Gods be good to any outsider who wronged this confluence of sisters. They turned to each other as often as they turned on each other, sometimes out of love and often out of necessity.

Their mother, a seer known for her steady onslaught of visions and their violent side-effects, earned the title by giving birth to them and had done little else to deserve it since. Those who knew her called her manipulative or stupid, depending on which of her two faces she wore the day she met them. And their father Gepeto, though he loved them, spent too much time away with his captain for Chakora to go out of her way to rely on him.

As the sisters started to grow, as the world became less big and less threatening, Chakora started to see less of them too. Whether this was her fault, their doing, or a combination of both, she blamed them for the most part. Elise was always talking to that stupid bird. Don't get her started on Yatima. And even the... cousins? she'd been reared with were branching out.

If you can't beat 'em...

Of imposing stature due to her lineage (her God grandfather and full-blooded Firekin grandmother, to be precise), Chakora's steps were graceless but pronounced. She wasn't looking for anyone in specific, just searching through the pride for one of her many peers whose name she could remember.

SilverLutz
She can be wherever you put him, since she's mostly meandering about. Also, feel free to say they interacted as cubs if you'd like, but it's up to you (I figure since the pride has exploded in number she could also have never met him officially if you prefer that. XD). She would have been a huge brat at the time. Not, "Oh, she's a Stormborn cub, it's just ~OUR WAY~," but a straight up brat who obviously lacks much structure or good parenting.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:49 pm
User Image Vidar smirked as he trotted through the pride, his long braid bumping against his shoulder as he went. His mane had started growing in nicely now, which was what he had been waiting for for what seemed like his whole life. Not that he'd been alive very long, of course, but to him it had been eons. Soon he'd be able to go on his first - of many, he was sure - Vikings and finally take that first step in becoming a Captain.

No, not a Captain. The Captain.

The thought alone made him toss his head back with a laugh, startling a few cubs nearby. Yes, some day he'd be the best Captain this pride had ever seen, leading out a huge band of Reavers to return with so much loot he wouldn't know what to do with it all. Give some to the Warlord of course, but the rest...ah, he'd be sleeping on piles of furs and have so many Thralls he wouldn't have to lift a claw when he was home. Beautiful.

For now, though, he needed to find a Captain to serve under as a Reaver. So far he hadn't run across any, but he had just started looking, so his hopes weren't too dashed just yet. He peered to his left as a familiar face moved into view a few paces off, and his smirk grew. Ah...Chakora. They were the same age and had been in a few little cub playgroups from time to time. She had usually been involved with her sisters more than the other cubs, but Vidar remembered her from her rather wild behavior, even as far as Stormborn went. Perhaps now that she was a bit older she had matured a bit and could help him out.

"No sisters in tow, I see," he said, turning his paws in the female's direction, green eyes bright with mischief. "Managed to escape?"

Hopefolly

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:03 pm
Vidar, she knew, the second she saw him. Just hearing him wouldn't suffice when his voice had changed since last she'd bothered listening. Chakora had waited too long to reply, sizing him up, noting the differences in muscle tone and how his mane was coming in now. This band of ruffians stilled for no one and Keir crossed between them without a thought to spare for simple courtesies. She bared her teeth in a tetchy growl, but he displayed his pearly whites wider and kept on his way.

His and Chakora's interaction lasted a second less than it took him to nod to Vidar in passing.

"You friends with that guy?" Chakora asked — at Vidar's side, lest they be interrupted again. She would glower at Keir until he was out of sight, it seemed.

SilverLutz
Keir's more or less their age. Up to you if Vidar knows him at all (he was big into wrestling / play fights as a cub) or if he's just nodded to him to piss off Chakora by acknowledging him more agreeably than her.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:23 pm
Vidar was waiting for a greeting in return when another male walked between himself and Chakora. Distracted, he grinned at the dark male as he turned to nod at him. He gave him a wink in return, watching him walk off, wondering if he'd be up for a spar later. Movement next to him brought him back to the present and his current chatting partner, the question making him snort.

"Friends? Nah," he said, waving a paw. "He's a good fighting buddy, but I haven't done much with him outside of that. Strong, nice challenge," he said, giving a sage nod as if he were some battle expert. Not yet, he told himself, but he would be.

"So. Sisters? Usually there's a whole pride of you guys walking around together," he said, peering around Chakora to see if any of them were hiding somewhere.

Hopefolly

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:41 pm
SilverLutz

Yes or no would have been plenty. After seeing their little exchange, she didn't even need that much. Why don't you just go climb on top of him? Chakora had her nose in a twist and the mention of her sisters only made it worse, like someone had force fed her fish — she hated fish — and she couldn't get the taste out.

"They're somewhere, I don't really keep track." A lie overall, but true for this particular moment. "I didn't want them coming with me today. They have big ********' mouths and I don't want them getting me in trouble."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:01 pm
Vidar had to laugh at Chakora's reactions, both to his response about Keir and about her siblings. Someone was a sour puss today, weren't they? He grinned at her, baring his teeth slightly more than was friendly, his eyes bright with mischief.

"What a shame. Trouble is fun, after all," he said with a flick his tail. "Safety is boring. I haven't gotten into much trouble lately, but I guess you'd be out of the question if I offered going to find some." His own siblings kept to themselves, pretty much, so he didn't have the 'luxury' of getting to play with them when he was younger, nor spar with them now that they were older. There were some younger cubs he didn't might roughing up, but they couldn't fight back so there was hardly any fun in it.

"Unless you just don't want them causing the commotion," he added, paws shifting on the ground beneath him. He was itching to do something! Spar, race, bother some sleepy old lions, anything!

Hopefolly

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:35 pm
SilverLutz

Out of the question, huh? Chakora tried to keep the self-satisfaction off her face. Getting warmer. She broke into a grin when he hit the beetle on the head. It wasn't the trouble that was the problem, but the company in searching for it. Her sisters weren't welcomed to take part in this. This would be her foray into total independence — from them, anyway. "I say we sneak out of here and to the forest," she murmured. "I heard looking for Aesir's bunch isn't the only reason the Warlord sent reavers to explore it. There's a God hiding in there."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:52 pm
The look on Chakora's face let Vidar know he'd stuck gold. His grin widened and he lowered his head so he moved to a crouched position, ready to pounce on some unseen foe. At the suggestion of the forest he dug his claws into the dirt below them and stood, an excited look on his face.

"A God?" he asked, suddenly completely invested. Oh, they were going to go, and they were going to find him. He had met a cub the other day whose father was apparently a God, and he wanted to find one and fight him so he could say he was better than these magical beings. That would show that little fluffball...

"Which one?" he pressed, leaning in a bit, green eyes bright. "I suppose it doesn't matter which one in the long run, actually. That sounds like a lot of trouble to me," Vidar purred, shaking himself before starting off in the direction of the forest. "How'd you hear about it?"

Hopefolly

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:44 pm
SilverLutz

Enthusiasm was all fun and games until common sense flew off a cliff and died. Chakora had been fretting her sisters would be too scared or reckless about this, and here he was, acting no better. He was making a beeline for their destination before she dared to dart in front of him and plant her paws firmly on the ground. "Wait," she snapped. "********, wait. Do you know how far and how big a forest is? We're not supposed to wandering around that place, that's why those flower-blooded wimps hid there. And my dad will go out of his damn mind if he hears I went with a male."

Thinking on it, Vidar probably had no idea how fearsome a foe navigating a forest could be. It wasn't within the living area and his mom was just a civilian, born and raised; his dad was long gone or some a*****e who didn't claim him. Who could he have possibly had to lecture him about the ins and outs of forest exploration?

He had someone now. Chakora's parents were outsiders, and both had one or two stories about being lost in the wilderness. That pretty much made her an expert. Totally.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:12 pm
Vidar stopped as the female stepped in front of him, but he rolled his eyes at her concern. "No, but I was gonna go find out. Do you know?" he asked, raising a brow. If she did that would be helpful, but he had a hunch she'd never been there, either. "And I thought we were looking for some trouble? Can't get in trouble if you don't break any rules," he said, changing his questioning look to a gleeful one. He glanced around to make sure no adults were present before moving a bit closer to her.

"What, he's afraid you can't take care of yourself?" he asked, swishing his tail behind him as he stood even with Chakora, facing the way he had been heading in. "C'mon...you're the one that said let's go. So let's go! You can tell me how dangerous it is on the way there, since it's apparently so far away."

The longer they waited around the longer they might be found out, after all. That, and his paws were itching to get going.

Hopefolly

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:15 am
SilverLutz
I'll start up the continuation of this when you're back from vacation.

Chakora had her pride, an arrogance all her own. Not the brazenly stupid kind that could be so easily goaded into things. The sort that allowed overestimating one's abilities even if they didn't underestimate consequence.

She looked back. No one behind them was paying much mind. "Whatever..." Keeping to his side, she followed, but without a lecture on how dangerous their destination.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:06 pm
Vidar chuckled quietly as Chakora stuck to her broody temperament as she finally agreed to go. He flicked his tail happily from side to side, keeping the pace brisk but not urgent, not wanting anyone to get suspicious. This was a secret mission, after all. He could do secret, especially if it meant more glory for himself. Going out like this without a captain...that would surely boost his credibility as a terror of a lion. All hail the great and fearless Vidar!

Hopefolly
I have returned! ANd last post XD

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out